Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.25 subs? That's awesome! Getting ready for jump off time in the not-too-distant then? Congrats on the new apartment..

I also dropped down to .25mg of sub 4 days ago. I felt a bit off the past two days but I feel fine today. I listened to all of your advice and stuck with my taper.

I don't post all that much but I read many posts and take heed when advice is given. Thanks

^ Congrats for getting right into the 'jumping area' (0.25 mg subs) - not bad at all!!

Although there are different scales/ratios for methadone, I remember the desirable dose to be reached before jumping was a bit less than 5 mg which is half of one tablet or 3 ml. You still go through withdrawals but it's definitely doable imo. Is this what you are aiming for?
Good luck & keep up with the good work!! ;)

^^^ yes indeed. My aim is to be off the subs entirely. When I am stable on .25 I will drop down to .12 and then take the plunge. Does that sound like a good plan?

Of course!! And you are doing great!
Follow your rhythm. You'll get there. :)

^ Congrats Gary!!

It's Friday! Very interesting week and lovely day today..

0.12 will be doable. Brace yourself though, I was surprised at how much of a fight it put up when I withdrew from 0.25. I should have gone down that extra to 0.12. It's entirely doable, but still takes some strength and determination.

^^^ yes indeed. My aim is to be off the subs entirely. When I am stable on .25 I will drop down to .12 and then take the plunge. Does that sound like a good plan?

I think so. Take your time. This sort of tapering will work much better for you if you respect your own limits. It takes time.
I wish I would have taken a lot more time with my tapering when I reached my minimum so it wouldn't take me so long to get over it.
You are doing a great job. That's a lot more into it after you jump.

Spent today shopping for school clothes with my daughter who's about to start kindergarten. We had pizza and bought cute clothes and shoes! Much better "high" than opiates to hear her laughs and see her smiles!

Missed having such a calm and restful day, feeling refreshed and energized.

4th weekend with a poppy free head. On Tuesday it's that all important month. And today I took on the bind weed and won. Jonxx 1, bindweed weed 0. Just call me muzda Scissorhands.

Delighted to have a traditional family day with everyone doing their thing but at the same place, feeling we're part of this great thing we call family. :)

I love reading about the joy you get from your family.:)

I just spent an emotional morning with my son's ex who I love so dearly. It's a tricky place for me but she is and always will be a "daughter of my heart" whether their relationship ever happens again or not. I feel so sad for both of them and their broken hearts but my husband and I are in grief over the break-up, too. They had some of the best communication I've ever seen, were best friends aside from being a couple and just really were compatible except for the big life issue--settling down and raising a family. She's there now, he's not and they are bumping up against 30 so I understand where they are both coming from. Still, it breaks my heart to see them try to go their separate ways. As this is the gratitude thread, here's my gratitude: I got to know this beautiful young woman that added so much to our family. I got to see my son happy and in love for 7 years and I got to watch them both grow up and mature with each other in so many ways. No matter what the future holds for them, I am grateful for what they had.

^ That's very beautiful Herby!

I was a father when I was turning 18 years old, with my first real love of my life but after living 4 to 5 years together building our own home together and having my so beloved daughter we decided that we were much more friends than lovers, and she is - up to this date - my mother's "daughter" and my real best friend and we both got married again and had children years later.

Our relationship still stands. I call her mother 'Mom' and she does the same with mine. The relationship I have with her is transparent and neither my wife or her husband are jealous. I think they were at some point. We know each other and we were always present in each other's life. I guess that has helped my daughter to create mature relationships in her life, and - at the same time - turned to be such lovely and strong person. I had never really thought of that until I read your post and I feel quite thankful that I have a friend, one real good one. And for the fruits of this friendship on so many lives.

New place and job ate great thus far. I just took my last .25 sub this morning. I have jumped off at much higher before so I am confident I can battle through. Have a good one everybody?

This may sound crazy, I don't post a lot, but I need to put this out there for me at least.

I've got major disc and nerve damage problems in my entire neck, I've been on opiates every day for the past 2 years. I occasionally took more than prescribed but not often, I am however an addict just through habitual daily use.

I got my Rx renewed yesterday, 90 IR Oxy 10mg and 30 Oxy 10mg ER. I took one yesterday afternoon at 2:00 and was so busy that I came home and just zonked out. I woke up this morning at 8:00 and just thought;" what if I don't take it". I'd already missed one dose, I decided to miss another on purpose.

I have a pretty bad runny nose, some pain, but I'm just taking it easy. I know I'm gonna have pain due to my neck problems, but I just hate hate hate taking pain pills, they are soul stealers and joy stealers!

Recently I wondered if marijuana might help more with pain and be less destructive to my life than opiates. I'm not sure. I want to have hope, I haven't had that in SO long.

Anyway, I'm grateful I was strong enough to make it 20hrs without Oxy and maybe more.

New place and job ate great thus far. I just took my last .25 sub this morning. I have jumped off at much higher before so I am confident I can battle through. Have a good one everybody?

Good luck, we are stronger than we know!

This may sound crazy, I don't post a lot, but I need to put this out there for me at least.

I've got major disc and nerve damage problems in my entire neck, I've been on opiates every day for the past 2 years. I occasionally took more than prescribed but not often, I am however an addict just through habitual daily use.

I got my Rx renewed yesterday, 90 IR Oxy 10mg and 30 Oxy 10mg ER. I took one yesterday afternoon at 2:00 and was so busy that I came home and just zonked out. I woke up this morning at 8:00 and just thought;" what if I don't take it". I'd already missed one dose, I decided to miss another on purpose.

I have a pretty bad runny nose, some pain, but I'm just taking it easy. I know I'm gonna have pain due to my neck problems, but I just hate hate hate taking pain pills, they are soul stealers and joy stealers!

Recently I wondered if marijuana might help more with pain and be less destructive to my life than opiates. I'm not sure. I want to have hope, I haven't had that in SO long.

Anyway, I'm grateful I was strong enough to make it 20hrs without Oxy and maybe more.

Bravo! That is great how you are being creative with your situation despite how depressing it may seem at time. You are taking action in wonderful new ways. Play around with it.

It's good to have a steady input of exogenous opioids/endorphins once your body has acclimatized to taking pain medication, so that you're not always in or out of withdrawal. But it is also good to test your limits, to push and challenge yourself so that you don't feel like you have lost total control - because there is always that decision, to make a choice, to do something just a little different, no matter how hopeless one's situation feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.