Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting toothpastedog. Push yourself. Hmmm. Do you know how many times I've heard do something different in my life. I've lost control of my opiates for 6 months. Just sitting here using stagnat. I have to take the Meds or my pain is unbearable but I often though how do I stop abusing them. This gives me insight of what I can do to improve the situation and improve my body at the same time. Every month I've rushed to pharmacy and got my Meds and rushed home and do a shot. The rush and relief is amazing but it's just that one. I can't repeat that rush no much I do. So why bother. I'm already at the end of withdrawal and prescibed dose will take care of my pain. This is my gate out and I will push myself. Thanks for that. Oh yeah I better stick to the thread. I'm grateful to dudes like toothpastedog who's advice giving is fluid and his experience enable him to be a source of hope for many out here. Thanks brotheru

Bravo! That is great how you are being creative with your situation despite how depressing it may seem at time. You are taking action in wonderful new ways. Play around with it.

It's good to have a steady input of exogenous opioids/endorphins once your body has acclimatized to taking pain medication, so that you're not always in or out of withdrawal. But it is also good to test your limits, to push and challenge yourself so that you don't feel like you have lost total control - because there is always that decision, to make a choice, to do something just a little different, no matter how hopeless one's situation feels like.

I don't have any pot it's still not legal in my state. I am still considering it though because I've thought it might be a replacement for Oxy.

I am going to have to have something to use for pain but Oxy can't be it. It's not actually helpful for my pain (much). I bought into medical conventional thoyghts- this is stronger and better try it for your pain. BS!! I would rather be an old hippie dope smoker (no judgements) than use Oxy.

Thanks for the support dog, I find I'm needing it lately. No one else I know has ever dealt with addiction like this. I feel pretty alone but yet so hopeful. I hope it lasts.

Know you are not alone - that is the most difficult part of all this, the feelings of disconnection and alienation. That was what I struggled with most.

The stigma and the stories we tell ourselves about how messed up we are really make it difficult to reach out and connect, but that is, in the end, the solution to your struggles. Connection. There are so very many of us out there. We may have some difference, but we have so much more in common than not. And we need each other to get through this. No one can do it alone.

Perhaps you can switch your meds to something longer acting like a moderate dose of methadone. Just a thought. Have you ever looked into ketamine therapy? That is something I'd definitely look into if your struggling with depression and pain management issues.

Know you are not alone - that is the most difficult part of all this, the feelings of disconnection and alienation. That was what I struggled with most.

The stigma and the stories we tell ourselves about how messed up we are really make it difficult to reach out and connect, but that is, in the end, the solution to your struggles. Connection. There are so very many of us out there. We may have some difference, but we have so much more in common than not. And we need each other to get through this. No one can do it alone.

Perhaps you can switch your meds to something longer acting like a moderate dose of methadone. Just a thought. Have you ever looked into ketamine therapy? That is something I'd definitely look into if your struggling with depression and pain management issues.

Yeah, I'm allergic to methadone. I took it for about 3 months 4-5 years ago and my legs swelled up like sausages. They thought I had blood clots. Ketamine isn't something I'm familiar with.

First 24 hours, no opiates.

Congrats aplumgirl and good luck! :) These first 24 hours are very important, don't hesitate in keeping in touch for support.

I've read an expression today that says something about not 'getting in love' with your job/company etc as they can stop loving you. It made sense when I read it. It was also outlined the importance of having your tasks done within working time as it could a sign that you don't know how to prioritize your life or can't seem to organize the work on its own time after all there's no such thing as having done all the work. There's always more. Perhaps there are times when it's necessary and required but it can't be all the time. Maybe I was doing that to fulfill my needs more than theirs. I have also had some feedbacks which made me decide to take it easier and still be good and productive.

Congrats aplumgirl and good luck! :) These first 24 hours are very important, don't hesitate in keeping in touch for support.

I've read an expression today that says something about not 'getting in love' with your job/company etc as they can stop loving you. It made sense when I read it. It was also outlined the importance of having your tasks done within working time as it could a sign that you don't know how to prioritize your life or can't seem to organize the work on its own time after all there's no such thing as having done all the work. There's always more. Perhaps there are times when it's necessary and required but it can't be all the time. Maybe I was doing that to fulfill my needs more than theirs. I have also had some feedbacks which made me decide to take it easier and still be good and productive.

That's great advice Erik! Balance is important but so are limits! Be your own advocate.

My husband has a job where he's the most knowledgeable and experienced guy they have. I wish he could leave work @ work, but his job in IT can be a 24 hr a day job. They respect him but also take advantage of him.

I've preached til I'm blue in the face but it's his choice.

They know how to pressure us so that it looks like that they are loving it when in fact they're really taking advantage of the situation. Especially with IT expertises. I know the feeling quite too well. You just have to know how to say no once.. unfortunately it's harder than we think.

Thanks for sharing aplumgirl!

They know how to pressure us so that it looks like that they are loving it when in fact they're really taking advantage of the situation. Especially with IT expertises. I know the feeling quite too well. You just have to know how to say no once.. unfortunately it's harder than we think.

Thanks for sharing aplumgirl!

No problem. Referencing my post of earlier, I took one pill at 3:00 today for pain. I'm probably going to take 1/2 more before bed soon.

I have a chronic pain issue and I have a long term plan, been talking to Captain H about it. He's really supportive and I appreciate/need that. I also appreciate every1's posts today. My "family" can't grasp severe pain as well as addiction and it isolates me but I know at least here I can talk.

I appreciate today, it was a day I learned something.

I've been inspired by a lot of people in here, from simple posts to support and great suggestions. I was on Methadone for many years and CH was a great inspiration to me. My insight that my life wasn't as normal as I had thought so and that it was indeed possible to change. Herbavore and NSA have also been a great presence when it comes to support and advice. Spot on in various and important issues I've been through - from hormones to feelings. :)

I feel good being able to come here whenever I can sometimes just for a little while at the end of the day. There's a lot of interesting new people onboard!
And the sort of place I can be myself totally.

I've been inspired by a lot of people in here, from simple posts to support and great suggestions. I was on Methadone for many years and CH was a great inspiration to me. My insight that my life wasn't as normal as I had thought so and that it was indeed possible to change. Herbavore and NSA have also been a great presence when it comes to support and advice. Spot on in various and important issues I've been through - from hormones to feelings. :)

I feel good being able to come here whenever I can sometimes just for a little while at the end of the day. There's a lot of interesting new people onboard!
And the sort of place I can be myself totally.

I completely feel the same. I've not had any contact with Herby or NSA, but I've read lots of posts by both, they seem very kind.

Wooh! Getting to spend a relaxing evening at UCLA tonight. What a long day, amazing how one's mood can change from teetering on the edge of fuckedupedness to content appreciation :)

Feeling very blessed and grateful to have such supportive communities at my back, not the least of which BL!

Wooh! Getting to spend a relaxing evening at UCLA tonight. What a long day, amazing how one's mood can change from teetering on the edge of fuckedupedness to content appreciation :)

Feeling very blessed and grateful to have such supportive communities at my back, not the least of which BL!

Indeed! This morning was an existential nightmare for me. But the day has been great thus far.

Something good about my day, well, the best part has been having my 7 parrot babies (OK, they're all adult bird but they will always be my babies) on my bed, climbing up on me and playing among themselves and the old game of "Catch daddy's hand and pile onto it so he stops moving it." my baby birds are such goof balls but I love them and I keep breathing because I know they need me.

My featherbutts are as follows:

--Yamato, 8 years old, quaker parrot, little green punk but he can be really sweet when he wants to be.
--Lucia, 7 years old on the 23rd of this month, sun conure. She's call the lil brat for a reason.
--Storm, 4 years, blue violet mutation budgie and the sweetest, most gentle bird you could ever meet.
--Mango, peach face loverbird, 3 years old and a little butt he can be.
--Cassie (Cassandra), yellow pearl cockatiel, 1 and a half years old. She loves to hiss her butt off and lunge like she's gonna bite but she never bites anyone. She runs the moment she realizes we ain't fallin' for it.
--Nero, yellow sided green cheek conure. 1 year old. Total sweetheart and cuddle fiend, unless he's in his cage, then he's a total arse.
--Virg (Virginia), Peach faced lovebird, shares a cage with Nero. 7 months old, moody little thing. She loves being loved on but she can turn to lil miss biter butt in a second if you just move wrong. Most the time though she just wants to run around the house exploring of climb onto us so she can get to our shoulders or head.

So being bird-piled with them playing was really the highlight of my day, and of most days if I'm to be honest.

Something good about my day, well, the best part has been having my 7 parrot babies (OK, they're all adult bird but they will always be my babies) on my bed, climbing up on me and playing among themselves and the old game of "Catch daddy's hand and pile onto it so he stops moving it." my baby birds are such goof balls but I love them and I keep breathing because I know they need me.

My featherbutts are as follows:

--Yamato, 8 years old, quaker parrot, little green punk but he can be really sweet when he wants to be.
--Lucia, 7 years old on the 23rd of this month, sun conure. She's call the lil brat for a reason.
--Storm, 4 years, blue violet mutation budgie and the sweetest, most gentle bird you could ever meet.
--Mango, peach face loverbird, 3 years old and a little butt he can be.
--Cassie (Cassandra), yellow pearl cockatiel, 1 and a half years old. She loves to hiss her butt off and lunge like she's gonna bite but she never bites anyone. She runs the moment she realizes we ain't fallin' for it.
--Nero, yellow sided green cheek conure. 1 year old. Total sweetheart and cuddle fiend, unless he's in his cage, then he's a total arse.
--Virg (Virginia), Peach faced lovebird, shares a cage with Nero. 7 months old, moody little thing. She loves being loved on but she can turn to lil miss biter butt in a second if you just move wrong. Most the time though she just wants to run around the house exploring of climb onto us so she can get to our shoulders or head.

So being bird-piled with them playing was really the highlight of my day, and of most days if I'm to be honest.

That sounds lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.