• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Serious about a psychedelic revolution then help me start one!!!

d-Dexter-25

Bluelighter
Right now i'm trying to start a Psychedelic Liberation Orginization i'm thinking...
Psychedelic Liberty of Altered Perception or PLAP... I'm not really sure but I would like to start up a website for this orginization and will put plenty of work into it!!!

I need someone who knows how to set up a website and then i'll be able to make changes and such but i'm new to opening websites so I need help!!! I currently do hand out flyers and DVD's on this subject at raves and festivals in my area but I wanna go futher and someday even start an event of my own.

We need to stop the demonization of Psychedelic drugs!!! Our mission will ultimately be to legalize these substances as they have no reason to be controlled as they are!!! In the short term goals will be education and hopefully no more demonization. Then we will look to decriminalize and continue education. We will also look to decriminalize all drugs but legalize Psychedelics, Entactogens, Entheogens, Dissociatives and Cannabinoids as well!!!

I am very serious about this and also we will be involved in other causes the second biggest being prevention and restoration of the eroding civil liberty that was handed down to us by our forefathers!!! This is a serious matter and will hurt our missions along with our choice to use these substances in a responsible manner!!!

Basically I need help from someone and maybe even someone from my area will be best!!! Just PM me if your interested in this venture of mine!!!

Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?

orange.jpg

Hahaha but srsly, I thought that's what we were already doing.

No were just sitting here talking about them!!! I am looking for a partner who can help me and my small group of psychedelic users I know to spread information and basically anti-propaganda to inform and educate the public.

I already do proactive missions like giving away Busted DVD's and DVD's with harm reduction information along with just basic knowledge and understanding of these substances. I do this everywhere I go... Raves, Festivals, Headshops if allowed and hopefully i'll soon be holding meetings on this subject matter. I live in the Free State if you know what that is just google it!!!

I want to actually start something like NORML but for Psychedelics and yes MAPS does kinda cover this but I wanna go in a different direction but not to far yet cause like what MAPS is doing just like NORML is show medical use which will show there not these demonic chemicals there portrayed to be!!!

[...] but srsly, I thought that's what we were already doing.

Succinctly put.

What first came to mind was Sebastians_ghost; if I remember correctly, isn't that man an active research scientist in the maps foundation? The very same man that helped start this website (or at very least, this sub-forum)?

I sense the OP's enthusiasm, but question its scope, the depth and clarity of sight, its aim.

The right to study psychedelics is one thing, and in my opinion, a good idea. The right to ingest them indiscriminately is another matter entirely.

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Need I say more???

Yea, if you're serious, what is your ten year plan? Have you filed the paper work for your business? Have you set up the minutes for corporate compliance, and appointed the chair, co-chair and treasurer? Are you not for profit? What is your budget and where will you be storing the animals you will need for testing? Lab equipment?

Please, by all means experiment with your consciousness if that's what you want to do. It is absolute pretense to assume that everyone will want to join you. And, doing your drug of choice is not the only means of experimenting with consciousness.

Start with that: define what you mean by consciousness. And be precise.

Yea, if you're serious, what is your ten year plan? Have you filed the paper work for your business? Have you set up the minutes for corporate compliance, and appointed the chair, co-chair and treasurer? Are you not for profit? What is your budget and where will you be storing the animals you will need for testing? Lab equipment?

Please, by all means experiment with your consciousness if that's what you want to do. It is absolute pretense to assume that everyone will want to join you. And, doing your drug of choice is not the only means of experimenting with consciousness.

Start with that: define what you mean by consciousness. And be precise.

I do not need animals and such because first its not even legal to do so without a DEA license!!! I also do not need to file paperwork or anything yet as i'm simply an orginization for the eventual legalization of psychedelics and decriminalization of ALL drugs!!! Also the restoration of our freedom and liberty!!!

^ I think what BreakingSet is getting at is that in order to actually create changes on a legislative level you need to have certain level of professionalism and a subtle, nuanced approach... handing out fliers and talking to people, which may or may not be useful on an individual level, is going to create negligible change on a political level. No doubt your intentions are good, but your plan seems to basically involve proselytizing your opinions to others, and not much beyond that... which has been tried before, with underwhelming success.

How is NORML working then??? Yes eventually we will become very proffesional but we hope to change peoples opinion on these substances as best we can because there are more myths about these substances then any other!!! We need to change this situation and get people together for this cause and we can evolve so we become more and more mainstream!!!

I actually just had a conversation with a friend about this. I was talking about how I've completely given up on ecstasy because there are NO clean MDMA pills anymore and I don't have access to molly. I explained how I like the specific effect that MDMA provides and everyone else doesn't give a shit. As long as the pill gets people high they'll buy it, they don't care what kind of high it gives them, that is why the cooks will continue to cook shit.
Then I said if it was regulated the government could tax the hell out of it and the pills would be clean MDMA, known dosage, and safe.

He advised that I go set myself on fire on the front lawn of the parliament buildings in Ottawa to bring awareness to my cause :p

You're thinking too big.

Just make some pamphlets and hand them out. You can call them "zines" if it makes you feel cooler.

It will make a difference if you pick the right crowd.

Remember to take small steps.

...Leary

I totally agree with what you want to do, but most are just not open to it all. A great work of sculpture is made with a small chisel, not a wrecking ball.

The psychedelic revolution- what is it? The drugs legal status only make the drugs harder to get; besides that, it makes no difference to my experimnetation.

The best thing to do in regards to drugs use is use em safely. I'm not interested in a psychedelic revolution- I'd be happy with a complete social revolution and no clothes for all :)

I have noticed psychedelics are getting more and more popular within society.. instead of just hearing about ecstasy and cocaine busts.. there's more articles popping up with DMT busts. (And the media is hyping it up as a 'new KILLER! drug' lolol)

Give it time :)

Man, the psychedelic revolution... hmm do you mean like public acceptance or ruling over the general populace... theres a lot of psychedelic revolting going on around the world... in almost every dimension, every cosmo every everything... and we generally do win... because we know more, and feel a shitload better... so where do we begin... and if youre talking about ravers... theyre so easy to convince, just make sure you educate them on the subject before you go and tell them to take acid... u hear me.

Maybe...

I think the desire to start some sort of psychedelic revolution is a phase that happens part way though the 'psychedelic experience' of a user. Its pretty much impossible not to look into this once you get into the whole consciousness expansion/examination game. Anyone who’s had an incredible trip can feel more acutely how wrong it is that others are forbidden to experience the same thing.

Things just are not the way they are in the 60s. Theres no legal LSD to act as a powerful catalyst for the peace movement, no crazy Harvard professor. However we do have the Internet which has been dubbed the mordern version of LSD in that it is a powerful catalyst that brings people together. There still is war and economic crisis. People are realizing (however slowly it may seem) that having a system built around competition rather than team-work isn’t the way forward. More people are living in communities away from the stress of the ‘modern world’.

"Maybe... continued (wouldn't let me post all at one)" I sense things are building up to some sort of climax. On TV yesterday they predicted strikes and protests and underground raves are often on the news (at least in the summer). If a flood of LSD were to arrive in a huge scale I’m sure something big would happen, but it’s getting rarer and being kept in close circles more than ever after that big bust a few years ago. Also with all the issues in the world about uniting and religion and tolerance, psychedelics clearly have a (big) part to play. Things are ticking along, weed is becoming more acceptable (especially in California with medical marijuana etc).

Getting a group of people to petition for ‘all drugs’ to be unbanned is not going to work. Also I’m not sure if campaigning for decriminalization is the answer. Perhaps drawing attention to the huge failures and problems with the “war on drugs” would be better.

Maybe... continued

Also scientists are studying LSD again. When some positive results start to emerge from that they will inevitably be allowed for use in therapy etc. Things are moving forward slowly. Things are building to a head by them selves (I would like it to move quicker though). Having an actual psychedelic revolution though is a bit of a fantasy. It’s just not quite the right time, unless there suddenly becomes plenty of LSD around for everyone.

Me and my little group of psychonauts used to talk about this sort of thing during and after some of our past trips. While something similar to what happened in the 60s happening again would be "awesome" :)D), we can't go thinking it will.

Also I run Websites for a living and I’d be more than happy to take action if there is action that will positively have an effect (although we haven’t defined what we are even after). I thought about writing a blog about psychedelics, but instead ive been using psychdelics to help with other creative skills like drawing and playing the guitar.

Leading by example by using psychedelics in a useful and productive way is my way at the moment.

Slow down Leary.
we tried this before with the hippies, and ultimately violence brought it down.
Legalization doesn't neccessarily mean people will be smarter about how they use it, it means that now more un-balanced people will have access to it, and spoil it for the rest of us.