• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Rules for life and drug-taking

I did mention meth, I DID forget cocaine because it's NEVER a drug I think about. MDMA was also rarely mentioned but as I pointed out, cannabis was the most commonly queried by a couple of orders of magnitude.

Cannabis use is more strongly associated with the incidence of psychosis than any other drug. I honestly think those people thought it only represented a small risk.

Stimulants and psychedelics are acting on the same sites as the neuroleptics... but obviously in an inverse manner, so the few people who asked when they would 'get a buzz' after cessation of prescribed neuroleptic use is a facepalm. They are going to do it anyway, they just seek that all time favourite proof of safety which is one person saying 'I took it and I was fine'.

As my wife noted 'some people are born with their self destruct button taped firmly down' having lost friends due to their continued reckless drug use. As an aside, she noted that their deaths were a surprise to no one.

You think cannabis is more likely to give someone psychosis than meth, cocaine or other stimulants?

I've had psychosis countless times on stimulants. I've never once had it on weed. Maybe a bit of anxiety in public places sure. But not psychosis to the same extent as after sleepless nights on stimulants.

Seeing shadow people, hearing things, thinking every appliance in the house is recording you; are all common on stimulants like meth or crack. I wonder how many people have had that happen on weed?

Last edited:
You think cannabis is more likely to give someone psychosis than meth, cocaine or other stimulants?

I've had psychosis countless times on stimulants. I've never once had it on weed. Maybe a bit of anxiety in public places sure. But not psychosis to the same extent as after sleepless nights on stimulants.

Seeing shadow people, hearing things, thinking every appliance in the house is recording you; are all common on stimulants like meth or crack. I wonder how many people have had that happen on weed?

I'm sure lots of people who have used unprescribed non-therapeutic doses of psychostimulants (especially for a protracted period) have suffered stimulant psychosis. It's a specific disorder listed in the DSM. But it's drug induced and when the drug use stops for one reason or another, the psychotic symptoms generally resolve themselves.

But not in case of cannabis, especially when used by people whose brains are still developing (i.e. teenagers). Even after cessation of cannabis use, the psychosis doesn't resolve. That's the key difference, I did also provide a link which shows the corrolation between cannabis use and mental illness,

I also did specify that my statement was aimed at people who had previously suffered from a diagnosed mental illness. There was a lot of context which you seem to have overlooked.

I'm sure lots of people who have used unprescribed non-therapeutic doses of psychostimulants (especially for a protracted period) have suffered stimulant psychosis. It's a specific disorder listed in the DSM. But it's drug induced and when the drug use stops for one reason or another, the psychotic symptoms generally resolve themselves.

But not in case of cannabis, especially when used by people whose brains are still developing (i.e. teenagers). Even after cessation of cannabis use, the psychosis doesn't resolve. That's the key difference, I did also provide a link which shows the corrolation between cannabis use and mental illness,

I also did specify that my statement was aimed at people who had previously suffered from a diagnosed mental illness. There was a lot of context which you seem to have overlooked.

See I can agree weed is capable of causing psychosis in some people. Its just the degree of the psychosis being experienced is surely nowhere near what it would be with stimulant psychosis.

Also there's variables the article doesn't really take into account, like one instance, the article says cannabis is involved in 50% of psychosis and skitzophernia cases. But that doesn't take into account were they using other drugs aswell? And cannabis is also the most widely used drug...

Apologies I missed the part about it being aimed at people who have experienced previous mental health. I'd only just woken up.

See I can agree weed is capable of causing psychosis in some people. Its just the degree of the psychosis being experienced is surely nowhere near what it would be with stimulant psychosis.

Also there's variables the article doesn't really take into account, like one instance, the article says cannabis is involved in 50% of psychosis and skitzophernia cases. But that doesn't take into account were they using other drugs aswell? And cannabis is also the most widely used drug...

Apologies I missed the part about it being aimed at people who have experienced previous mental health. I'd only just woken up.

Not merely psychosis (which is a symptom) but schizophrenia.

Studies have obviously been carried out on all drug use in people who develop schizophrenia and the association factor was highest in people who used cannabis. Yes, the sample size would surely be larger than most other drugs except, I presume, alcohol. But it's a ratio.

Don't worry about my taking offense. I had realized that you hadn't read the context. I used bold-face on one sentence. Lesson learned. Everyone makes mistakes.

I did mention meth, I DID forget cocaine because it's NEVER a drug I think about. MDMA was also rarely mentioned but as I pointed out, cannabis was the most commonly queried by a couple of orders of magnitude.

Cannabis use is more strongly associated with the incidence of psychosis than any other drug. I honestly think those people thought it only represented a small risk.

Stimulants and psychedelics are acting on the same sites as the neuroleptics... but obviously in an inverse manner, so the few people who asked when they would 'get a buzz' after cessation of prescribed neuroleptic use is a facepalm. They are going to do it anyway, they just seek that all time favourite proof of safety which is one person saying 'I took it and I was fine'.

As my wife noted 'some people are born with their self destruct button taped firmly down' having lost friends due to their continued reckless drug use. As an aside, she noted that their deaths were a surprise to no one.
to be clear after using very vague language to cover as many bases as possible; one of the reasons I was not completely agreeing with you was that many people who haven't ever got psychosis get psychosis diagnosis for ridiculous reasons; like this guy who simply heard heater/water pipe noises in their apartment. And then got drugged against their will.

I do not disagree that using many drugs is somewhat hazard and even questionable if there is tendency to get psychotic.