European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Rules for life and drug-taking

Avoid stimulants as much as u can.
No injecting.
Take care of ur 👃, if ure gonna snort make sure it's the best quality shit u can get.
Drugs won't resolve any of ur problems in life, just give u more on the long run.
The hedonistic lifestyle pathway, paradoxically ends up in more pain.
Enjoy responsibly and always research ur shit.
If u wanna get high wait till ur brain has fully developed 21-23. Do something with ur life first.

I hope I’m not an alcoholic but when I get really drunk if I don’t have big tolerance to weed a joint of strong stuff could cause me to even black out.
yeah I get totally fucked up if I have not tolerance to either
But debilitating wastedness could be better than being able to piss of friends, shout and break stuff

I am alcoholic and if I don't blaze when I am getting drunk, it probably won't end well
I found, back in the day, when I was on a real wild one. That if I was smoking too it kinda balanced me out and I didn't do anything too stupid, reckless or self destructive. But I always thought weed had a kinda balancing effect on me. Doesn't work that way for everyone.

If u wanna get high wait till ur brain has fully developed 21-23. Do something with ur life first.

Good point well made. Studies show that the older you are when you first experience a psychotropic substance, the lower the likelihood of becoming dependent on drugs. I'm sure many factors are involved, but people tend to develop certain mental illnesses in their teens and drugs use is associated with significant numbers of cases.

Note I say associated. I think it equally true that teenagers suffering with the early stages of mental illness discover that drugs help them to cope. It's a coping mechanism, but rarely a good choice. The stigma still surrounding mental illness means people will often try anything to hide the fact.

Good point well made. Studies show that the older you are when you first experience a psychotropic substance, the lower the likelihood of becoming dependent on drugs. I'm sure many factors are involved, but people tend to develop certain mental illnesses in their teens and drugs use is associated with significant numbers of cases.

Note I say associated. I think it equally true that teenagers suffering with the early stages of mental illness discover that drugs help them to cope. It's a coping mechanism, but rarely a good choice. The stigma still surrounding mental illness means people will often try anything to hide the fact.
Oh man, the sad reality is that at least 80% of long term users start in their teens and most likely the majority of ppl in here started smoking joints when they were 12-15. I used to defend weed like any immature teenage dummy. Years later in retrospect, I noticed that weed affected me during all that time of smoking countless of joints with ma friends. I'm not saying smoking weed ruins ur life, but it surely had a minor negative impact on my memory, cognitive function and overall made me a comformist bum. Like @AlsoTapered said, having self control and not over using it is key.

Never turn your back on a drug.

If you’re young - and you LIKE a high or a feeling - do it as sparingly as possible. Life is shockingly long, don’t go too fast - you will simply ensure you can no longer get the effects you want 🤷‍♀️.

Oh man, the sad reality is that at least 80% of long term users start in their teens and most likely the majority of ppl in here started smoking joints when they were 12-15. I used to defend weed like any immature teenage dummy. Years later in retrospect, I noticed that weed affected me during all that time of smoking countless of joints with ma friends. I'm not saying smoking weed ruins ur life, but it surely had a minor negative impact on my memory, cognitive function and overall made me a comformist bum. Like @AlsoTapered said, having self control and not over using it is key.

I forgot to make it clear that the Moroccan hashish that was the staple in the UK between the late1960s to the early 1990s as well as the Mexican grass were all VASTLY less potent that the crazy skunk-derived strains that seem to predominate all over the western world today. You would require a large bong, lungs of boiler-plate and quite some effort to obtain the effects of a single joint of this modern stuff. In fact, it's a totally different experience.

While growing up a close friend who smoked huge amounts of hash developed schizophrenia. I admit I knew little about mental illness, not even the fact that I did and do suffer from bipolar disorder. But I noted that cannabis could make things slightly better or vastly worse. So I stopped using it,

When I look at 'The Dark Side' the single most frequently asked question is 'I was on <insert name of neuroleptic> for <insert period of years>. Now I've stopped taking it because of <list of admittedly terrible> side-effects. Now I can't get stoned. How long will this last for?

So hundreds of people are stopping taking their medication used to treat severe mental illness without telling their doctors (who would slowly lower the dose IF it were appropriate to do so), detail the medically recognized abstinence syndrome and the very first thing they want to do is to smoke cannabis.

If experience has shown that you are susceptible to mental illness, don't use cannabis.

I should add that a few complained that meth, MDMA or LSD didn't get them high either. But what can you say?

I forgot to make it clear that the Moroccan hashish that was the staple in the UK between the late1960s to the early 1990s as well as the Mexican grass were all VASTLY less potent that the crazy skunk-derived strains that seem to predominate all over the western world today. You would require a large bong, lungs of boiler-plate and quite some effort to obtain the effects of a single joint of this modern stuff. In fact, it's a totally different experience.

While growing up a close friend who smoked huge amounts of hash developed schizophrenia. I admit I knew little about mental illness, not even the fact that I did and do suffer from bipolar disorder. But I noted that cannabis could make things slightly better or vastly worse. So I stopped using it,

When I look at 'The Dark Side' the single most frequently asked question is 'I was on <insert name of neuroleptic> for <insert period of years>. Now I've stopped taking it because of <list of admittedly terrible> side-effects. Now I can't get stoned. How long will this last for?

So hundreds of people are stopping taking their medication used to treat severe mental illness without telling their doctors (who would slowly lower the dose IF it were appropriate to do so), detail the medically recognized abstinence syndrome and the very first thing they want to do is to smoke cannabis.

If experience has shown that you are susceptible to mental illness, don't use cannabis.

I should add that a few complained that meth, MDMA or LSD didn't get them high either. But what can you say?

The bit in bold is quite funny.

So if you're mentally ill, cocaine, heroin, meth, benzos etc are going to do less damage than weed? Yeah I doubt that.

I'd say, if you're mentally ill you might want to consider your drug use so as not to make the condition worse. Any drug use the condition needs consideration and how the drugs will effect things.

I'm not saying weed can't fuck people up btw cos it blatantly can, lack of sleep even can fuck people up. But for someone with existing mental health problems I dare say there are also worse drugs out there than weed. I've got bipolar myself and both benzos and cocaine seem to make matters much worse with the erratic behavior. Weed just chills me out, ofcourse I don't consume it when I've got to be in public etc, which is also a part of it with any drug is to use it responsibly.

I am mentally ill and weed and shrooms and LSD mostly just make me better off YMMV

I am also suspicious about psychiatrists medications and diagnoses. I don't say mental health phenomenons do not exist or there are no effective medications but they have been proven incorrect so many times. For example serotonin theory was validated without questioning for years. Still we have no proof of it. Psychiatry seems to produce vast amounts of misinformation.

I am mentally ill and weed and shrooms and LSD mostly just make me better off YMMV

I am also suspicious about psychiatrists medications and diagnoses. I don't say mental health phenomenons do not exist or there are no effective medications but they have been proven incorrect so many times. For example serotonin theory was validated without questioning for years. Still we have no proof of it. Psychiatry seems to produce vast amounts of misinformation.

Agreed. Seroquel just made me blow up to 16 stone with no energy, fat, depressed.

Having a decent routine, getting enough exercise, eating well and surrounding yourself withgood company are the best thing you can do for mental health. I feel like a couple bowls of weed here and there throughout the day helps keep thoughts positive and avoid mood swings.

I don’t think anyone was implicating that but opiates and benzos are less of a problem in combination with certain mental illnesses than weed and psychedelics. As for general population and many mental illnesses opiates and benzos are generally a lot worse route to go. In fact stims might be worst as stimulant psychosis is entry to a world of mental illness for quite a few and also happen very easy to people already suffering from serious mental illness

you might be right

my experience is as follows; I've never had psychosis without being on benzo WDs and horribly drunk simultaneously

your mileage may and will vary

my mental illness is mostly just OCPD and PTSD-but can not simplified to that point, just for you know if someone was intrigued

What is funny IMO is that ADHD sufferers can even gain relief of psychotic symptoms from stimulants
I've heard that often enough from individuals that have never had any connection to each other that I must believe it
It is apparently for it makes thought patterns more coherent, then
I am wondering if it would come up effective treatment long-term, if it was studied

on-topic;
Avoid argumenting for using medicine or drug with "I feel so bad"
You could always feel worse too, particularly long-term
Argument with "It is sustainably helping me" or quit it, if you ever could
--------
There are definitely cases of resorting to only less harmful available option than suicide, wishing you or someone else will figure something else in the future so you don't need to carry on with what will most probably get you worse than you were before. But if you could, reach for layout where you could genuinely say "it is sustainably helping me".

you might be right

my experience is as follows; I've never had psychosis without being on benzo WDs and horribly drunk simultaneously

your mileage may and will vary

my mental illness is mostly just OCPD and PTSD-but can not simplified to that point, just for you know if someone was intrigued
forgot good old alcohol that’s definitely common cause of psychosis in various cases.

As for benzo WDs idk but it makes perfect sense they too can kickstart them.

The bit in bold is quite funny.

So if you're mentally ill, cocaine, heroin, meth, benzos etc are going to do less damage than weed? Yeah I doubt that.

I'd say, if you're mentally ill you might want to consider your drug use so as not to make the condition worse. Any drug use the condition needs consideration and how the drugs will effect things.

I'm not saying weed can't fuck people up btw cos it blatantly can, lack of sleep even can fuck people up. But for someone with existing mental health problems I dare say there are also worse drugs out there than weed. I've got bipolar myself and both benzos and cocaine seem to make matters much worse with the erratic behavior. Weed just chills me out, ofcourse I don't consume it when I've got to be in public etc, which is also a part of it with any drug is to use it responsibly.

I did mention meth, I DID forget cocaine because it's NEVER a drug I think about. MDMA was also rarely mentioned but as I pointed out, cannabis was the most commonly queried by a couple of orders of magnitude.

Cannabis use is more strongly associated with the incidence of psychosis than any other drug. I honestly think those people thought it only represented a small risk.

Stimulants and psychedelics are acting on the same sites as the neuroleptics... but obviously in an inverse manner, so the few people who asked when they would 'get a buzz' after cessation of prescribed neuroleptic use is a facepalm. They are going to do it anyway, they just seek that all time favourite proof of safety which is one person saying 'I took it and I was fine'.

As my wife noted 'some people are born with their self destruct button taped firmly down' having lost friends due to their continued reckless drug use. As an aside, she noted that their deaths were a surprise to no one.

All things have their good and bad -this includes drugs.
Stick more with psychedelics and try to stay away from ones that have proven negative downsides.
However, a little of the reputedly bad ones are okay if taken in a blue moon.
Perspective/mind/emotional expansion through drugs are positives which are never mentioned much.