• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RIP Mr Nice

Perhaps he started showing a keen interest in the smoke detectors around the building? Maybe they had gas mantle lanterns for use in power cuts?

Perhaps he started showing a keen interest in the smoke detectors around the building? Maybe they had gas mantle lanterns for use in power cuts?

That's just skimmed the my bald head on it's way over the top of it :)

Mr Howard Marks the most sincere and intelligent man I ve ever had the pleasure to meet. The hour I spent in your company was magical, you made me feel so welcome.

He could of been anything he wanted to be. He achieved a position in Oxford University at a time when it was unheard of for someone of his class and standing to pass the interview process. His personality always won through in whatever he set his mind to. His IQ was up there with some of the best. His vice simply he loved adventure and excitement (very like a lot of our fellow BL'rs). His addiction was smuggling. He admitted it, he lived the life, he had few regrets and he was always upbeat and honest about who he was.

He was truly a great man showing depth, integrity and honesty. His suffering is over. Anyone who does want to say farewell buy his last book if you haven't yet, support those he leaves behind and find out the whole truth.

May he rest in peace. Thank you Howard for the joy you bought to many both in your escapades, the results and then in your retelling.

You will be sorely missed but never forgotten. That big honest and open smile you always wore will forever be imprinted in my soul.

Seen him doing his form of stand up live a couple of times. Never did trust his words, never did like him.

Still, respect. I couldnt in a million years do what he in his lifetime has done. RIP

Did someone mention that he got into the pill game after he got out of the nick?

A lot of people were very suspicious of the fact that he suddenly got such a huge amount of parole when he was initially banged up for 25 years (only served 7 IIRC).....

I suppose we'll never know now.....

Yep, he's released a book (Mr Smiley: My Last Pill and Testament) about it. The paperback is out next Thursday: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/150...=mr+smiley&dpPl=1&dpID=51pDvb9BGML&ref=plSrch

RIP Howard you legend - thanks for the stories (live and written) and for your tireless support of legalisation.

Brilliant !!

I'll buy that when it comes out (the Amazon add you posted says 21st April??)

Hopefully WH Smiths will well it as I cant be arsed ordering books through the post (hope that's not "sourcing" :) )

Do you still read books? Don't most people have iPads n kindles these days?

Why not treat yourself to an iPad, G you deserve it the work you do :)

Evey

Reading books is still a thing... Yes.. Feeling it, the sound of turning the page, the smell of the paper and print.

Same with digital download music, fuck that. A CDs still digital but there's album art, you can physically hold it. Put it in a collection on a shelf.. I still buy vinyl. Nothing sounds richer than vinyl.

Digital arts suck.

I thought it was heaven for me reading on iPad because I'm visual impaired I've either had to have bulky, large print books (will take a picture of one later), or read with magnifier with a light that often drop and gets broke. With iPad I can enlarge the font without having to hold a bulky book and read lots to my child

I agree with music - still have my CDs n MDs I wish I hadn't thrown my CD player out now it had three CD slots, a MD slot and a cassette slot, the sound went strange though and I didn't know how to fix it.

Evey

I can see your enthusiasm/need for such things. So long as my eyes, hands and brain work. Books for me..

Englandz, his book is out on kindle, i had to buy it cos it wasnt on any torrent sites. Defo worth a read.

rip

Reading books is still a thing... Yes.. Feeling it, the sound of turning the page, the smell of the paper and print.

Same with digital download music, fuck that. A CDs still digital but there's album art, you can physically hold it. Put it in a collection on a shelf.. I still buy vinyl. Nothing sounds richer than vinyl.

Digital arts suck.
Yep, i agree.

i don't trust people that don't read books!

Anyway, Howard Marks was a fucking beautiful man.
Loved the bit in 'Mr Nice' about being a buddhist, so not killing the bugs in his squallid jail cell, because they had as much right to live as he did. <3
Also, i was in a beautiful forest buddhist retreat when i first read that book. An amazing life he lived. Bringing the 'nice' to those who wanted it, with plenty of swashbuckling tales along the way.

They don't make em like that anymore.

Loved the bit in 'Mr Nice' about being a buddhist, so not killing the bugs in his squallid jail cell, because they had as much right to live as he did. <3

Unless they were Louisiana swamp beetles IIRC. :)

Paper books and e-books can happily co-exist. Sometimes there is nothing quite like holding an actual first edition in your hands and smelling the magical scent of a book. Plus, you can lend someone a single book, and you still have all the rest of your library.

On the other hand, for trashy "read-once-and-forget" novels and technical data sheets that are unlikely to be of interest to anyone else anyway, my tablet is fine (should even do Kindle as well as Kobo, if I install the app).

RIP. The quality of hash went through the floor after his incarceration, so whether or not it was his gear you were smoking, he certainly kept the opposition on their toes.