• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

I can see why some people might be reluctant to continue being members of the community, but what's the alternative? Not knowing awesome people like knock at all? I feel honoured to have known him, albeit far too briefly.

This

Nice one Stoney <3

p.s not sure what the emoticon in the title bar is for but atleast i finally managed to insert one in an appropriate place in the text. Luddite or what.

I'm sorry but I have lots of memories and tributes.

Anyone who gets in an internet argument can vouch for the intransigence it mostly builds in positions already taken. I have seen very few internet debates where someone changes their minds.

I was not party to it but I come back to EADD in the morning once and read over gibberings. Knock had been arguing/putting forward ideal scenarios for a socially structured economy. Pretty dry stuff. And his audience was the care-free hippy PTCH. I've seen crackhead be a bit laddish and sceptical of things in the past. Nice lad I thought, but I'd be buggered if I was going to waste time trying to change his views.

Knock did it in an evening. Truly astounding. He could reason his politics in a way that gripped and interested. Yet another of the many things I was quite envious of knock at having a better ability than myself.

One more thing. Knock and I clashed back in 2009 about a silly misunderstanding. He recently told me he put me on ignore for 6 months following that. Then even more recently he added an unrestricted apology and told me I was one of his favourite posters on the forum. Trust me knock, this was reciprocated.

Scarily honest, brilliantly funny and my favourite fellow champagne communist/anarchist depending on who needed winding up that day.

One Love <3

Geoff

I can see why some people might be reluctant to continue being members of the community, but what's the alternative? Not knowing awesome people like knock at all? I feel honoured to have known him, albeit far too briefly.

I'm sure this will pass. This is a solid community, atleast within certain domains ie straight up posting from one BL'er to another.

A sad fact about my own life is that i have had three suicide attempts myself. Proper ones where you wake up in intensive care all hooked up to computers. It's only by chance that i'm still here right now. I'm proud to say that its been 5 years since my last attempt or serious thought. But I been down that dark twisted spiral enough times myself. You begin to realise that you are going to take your own life and there is nothing that you can do to stop it. I call it the spiral. I don't know any facts for certain but Knock knew his shit when it came to drugs. There's no way he fucked up a measurement, or just decided to do a dufus move and mix this and that and see what happens. No, I think Knock found himself in that spiral. I just wish there was some way i could have physically marched my skint ass up to scotland and kept that sorry bastard from physically doing anything to harm himself. Sorry if any of this seems out of touch but i'm a fucking mess right now so if i messed up in some way then please go fuck yourself.

Thats what i was thinking, he knew his stuff. and i know exactly what you mean about the spiral, been through some very dark times myself. glad your still with us swarm

Again R.I.P. Knock.

I went out for a fag and looking outside at the landscape made me think, and it suddently sank in. Yet another great one gone.

I don't want to sound cheesy, but seriously I have tears in my eyes. Fuck

This is one of the biggest losses the community has ever had, I'm relatively a noob here so never got a chance to meet Evad and the other forum legends of the earlier days, but Mugz and now Knock, fucking hell, those guys had been a staple for as long as I have been a member here.

Hope they allow plugging in heaven, seriously.

By the way there was an ongoing chat among other EADDers on FB who were all discussing perhaps moving elsewhere or at least creating another forum, at the end of the day, if the douchebaggery of the american Admins is only an occasional annoyance I guess it's okay, but when it leads to some of our most respected members dying, then perhaps a drastic change is needed.

no matter what happened or who did what.

no one wanted this to happen.

Knock was one of the members of this place that enticed me to join. His posts spoke volumes, louder than most.

Id Of loved to gotten to know him better.

Having not said it to him, ill say it here, he had the kind of personality id like to see in myself, I looked up to Knock. Id hoped to get to know him and learn a little from him. I'll never be a half of Knock, I would of loved just little of him to rub off on me..

Im gutted, I was gutted to hear that he was no longer modding but this.... :(

Sad....

I really cant see another rip thread. At first i think it must be a set up or mistake. Its too upsetting. This place felt great when Knock was Mod. So fair and pleasant.

I wish I'd thanked him for all the help he gave me n somehow tried to help him in some way. Instead I moaned about a load of trivial shit.

So very sorry, Knock.

Hope you are happy up there n know you all love n appreciate you very much.

Me & a mate was checkin BL yesterday night to a party was no one of us was logged in, and we saw this thread. BANG.. My mood did go down quite a bit. And it is even worse today, man knock.. I didn't know you outside of BL, but you are one of them that have tried helped me the most with my PV nightmare/etc. Thank you for that man, u where a lovely man.

R.I.P <3

He has helped so many people in their hours of need, he did it all quitely and privately.

It's rare for me to post in these RIP threads, mainly because, as bad as it sounds, I'm not normally massively effected by them(I hope that's not taken the wrong way by anyone). I didn't personally know Knock any more than any one else that has passed away here for some reason though reading of his death has really hit hard. I genuinely feel very low because of it. I don't really know what to say tbh but felt like I had to say something.

I didn't know you but it was obvious that you were a genuinely decent bloke, I hope you are comfortable where ever you are now.

No <3

Please make this not true, come back.

Every one who passes from here, makes me hate and resent this place more and more. My trust and faith in what it stands for has gone :( It was me who talked him into being a mod, me who nudged him and mailmonkey and others. I knew he'd be great, But too many take on that responsibility and it ultimately helps tip things over. I've not seen a real eadder yet who got modded up and took less drugs. There is and has been for a long time something seriously wrong, here in eadd and elsewhere in BL.

Fucking amazing guy, what a loss to his family and friends, I'm so sorry.

You are in my thoughts <3

Please make this not true, come back.

That's what's been circulating around my head for last 24 hrs or whatever it is. When I saw that RIP Knock Thead title it was like someone had just shot me right in the chest!

Oh fuck Michael.....no no no.....

Knock and I hit it off immediately....he joined right after my return from the clink, and I loved his style, approach, choice of words, and wit....and true caring and compassion.....one of the best Mods BL has ever seen. And a class human all around. He was just one of a kind..fuck me...

This is awful..truly awful. Too many leaving too early lately...I've never seen anything like it on BL and I've been here since the beginning...WTF is going on?!

Michael, you will be sorely missed, by anyone that ever crossed paths with you...here and in IRL. My thoughts go out to your family.

This is hard to believe, and even harder to stomach....:(

Awful, awful news .

Obviously the circumstances haven't been explained yet, but it really upsets me, as EADD has lately become a bragging place, full of certain posters rambling incoherently about their drug use. Almost to the point where it reads like they are proud of pinning smack and smoking crack. What a life they must have.

With Knock, this is so undeserving. He was a sincerely honest, upfront, and decent person. I'm genuinely gutted.

RIP Knock.

Urb.