• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

Just to say that I've asked about funeral arrangements and flowers but not heard back yet.

<3

I don't know what to say.
I'm sitting here in tears. In shock.

Bluelight, you've been really quite upsetting lately - but this is awful beyond comprehension.

Fuck this cruel, horrible world.

Knock, you were one of the finest, fairest, funniest moderators.
From our interactions I could see you were a top fellow.

I'm shocked and devesated to hear this news.

To his friends and family, and all the great folks of the extended EADD family; my heart goes out to you.

I'm going to sit here and shed a few more silent tears reading what others have had to say.

Absolutely one of our community's finest.
A void that cannot be filled.
RIP my friend.

Can't think of any charity he supported. Any suggestions or perhaps just a general drugs/mental health charity and a justgiving page. If one of his closer friends wants to suggest something would be great.
I recon towards an MS Charity of some sort or to BL

but right now, I'd personally go for the MS charity. Oh, and knock would also want a bit of the collection set aside to buy Shammy some drugs, cos he was beautiful and awesome like that <3

Fuck me I'm gonna miss him. We swapped parcels once, and I have a bath matt with blood stained feet on it thanks to him (to match the shower curtain I already had). As well, he sent me the poshes pair of pizza scissors (which I never even knew existed as a product) that actually make it much harder to slice pizza than I'd imagine it would be to use a spoon. :D <3

fuck. more tears

NSFW:
gT3EDf7.jpg

VAzufMM.jpg

[edit]

Yes I'd like to make a donation / contribution too. A big wreath of flowers from the EADD crew would be a nice gesture. And how about the mental health charity MIND ?

Good idea for a charity as well, didn't see your post before I posted mine

Last edited by a moderator:
MS charity sounds like a good idea, if someone knows how to set this kinda shit up I'd throw some money in.

Also pizza scissors lmao, though I often cut pizza with scissors, that's just me :D

Stunned.

Really hoping it had nothing to do with the recent events here...

:(

Me too, I was about to say thank you Alaisdair, but then I refrained myself.

Knock, was probably one of the earliest poster in here that seemed okay after I joined, a huge loss, don't know know what to say really, in most cases when one of us EADDers dies I feel sad, in this case I'm full of rage as I have a feeling the recent events and the yank filth that manage the site might have something to do it, indirectly of course.

R.I.P. Knock

You will be very much missed, a great guy

By the way from FB:

"Farmaz says R.I.P."

We know he can't post on here directly

They were more like pizza safety scissors I think ...

Normally families have a charity in mind and specify if you want to donate go to x y z ... so whomever is in touch with his family could get that info ... or just go with the majority consensus here, it's not mandatory for the family to choose, but most go for ones they relate to based on personaI experiences with illnesses n what not I guess

What said fucking news. I never talked to knock except the other day telling him how awesome he was by putting up the full site link so i dont have to use mobile anymore. thats the only time i spoke to him but he came off as a cool guy. sad shit.

I get paid on tuesday and i wanna donate for his flowers and all that but can i donate through a visa card from the US? If that can be setup then ill donate.

You guys need to be careful. IDK whats going on over there but sadly you guys are falling off like flys dying. Its sad. Idk if this comment is appropriate and if it isnt i guess a mod can edit it out.

RIP Knock.

They were more like pizza safety scissors I think ...

First smile of the day :D

Yeah, let us know the consensus and whoever is in charge can set it up. I have my bursary coming in soon so will donate to whichever is chosen.

I would support an MS charity (perhaps MS Society) unless the family have a specific charity in mind which they communicate. It feels more suitable to me for Knock than MIND, but appreciate others may think differently.

Absolutely tragic.

Knock was one of the best moderators on this site. He seemed a genuinely good man too.

The rest of you please be careful - death comes with the drug choices many here make - don't deceive yourselves.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is about the third time I've tried to post in this thread but the words keep failing me.

I'm absolutely devastated by this. I loved Knock and the chit-chat we had on the board and in PM.

I'll miss you. Friend. <3

Much love to his family and friends.

I can't believe the amount of members we have lost in the last 12 - 18 months. I've never been a part of anything quite like this. Are the drugs worth it?

Rest In Peace Micheal. <3

This is about the third time I've tried to post in this thread but the words keep failing me.

I'm absolutely devastated by this. I loved Knock and the chit-chat we had on the board and in PM.

I'll miss you. Friend. <3

Much love to his family and friends.

I can't believe the amount of members we have lost in the last 12 - 18 months. I've never been a part of anything quite like this. Are the drugs worth it?

Rest In Peace Micheal. <3

From a harm reduction POV, recent losses have seriously questioned the worth of drugs and this sub-forum to me.

Knock may have been against my opinion to highlight posts which condoned dangerous drug use but he was open to discussion and change. Key for me, he knew this forum wasn't operating as it should. Something needs to change. EADD can't take any more losses, and that's assuming the posters here will continue to be active members of the community on the back of this news. I'm not confident a majority will.

I can see why some people might be reluctant to continue being members of the community, but what's the alternative? Not knowing awesome people like knock at all? I feel honoured to have known him, albeit far too briefly.

Mmm. It's just tough I guess.

Also, I think I posted my previous comment in the wrong thread. Mods - can you move it to gibberings please (as well as Swampdragon's reply and this post). Don't feel comfortable discussing politics in knocks RIP thread.

The last PM I wrote to knock on wednesday. I meant every word.

Originally Posted by StoneHappyMonday
hey man

You are better off without them. They (and EADD) are worse off without you. No sycophancy here, just straight talking. When you became a mod I think I detected doubt in even yourself but you grew into the role really quickly and made a mark on the forum. And I don't mean a shit-stained mark. You put tons of work in. I've been here nearly 13 years now and when I see some of the people with BL crew under their name...well, it's an insult to you to be grouped with some of these people.

Needless to say I don't disagree with anything you say about the direction things are headed......

While you carried on doing a brilliant job in EADD you gave enough clues from time to time to suggest that what has happened was always coming, that you and admin were far apart from being a perfect fit. So perhaps no surprise. You've run into the same problems I always feared I would have myself if I became a mod - while doing a massively better job technically than I could ever do.

I salute you Michael. Don't let the bastards grind you down. You can be proud of what you achieved here.

All the best friend,

And knock replied

Thanks, I felt that

<3

Don't go thinking it was a drugs mishaps thingy for a minute any of you. Knock knew would what he was doing on that front trust me.

Can I make a formal request that SHM have his posting privileges reinstated. Some of us here, ie me, am also in need of a bit of help and support to get them through this and need the ability to pm other BL members for support

p.s No need, i can see that SHM is now back in the system.

Last edited: