• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

^^evad was another good guy i knew personally and was taken from us far too soon. he was also an awesome mod. rip michael and dave

RIP Knock.

He was one of the most intelligent blokes I've had the pleasure of encountering. He was not only intelligent, but he had a gift for words and could explain his thoughts in a very simple way. SHM, that example you mentioned with him explaining his political views to crackhead was the first thought that popped into my head when I was thinking about Knock, and one of the many examples that demonstrates how fucking good he was at getting his point across. He just made sense.

Big loss :(

<3

When I first heard that knock was gone I thought, "This has to be some kind of joke?" If only.

The world has lost a solid knowledge holder and compassionate spirit. I've come across people in my life who suffer dearly for reasons that I will never understand, and sometimes I'm one of them. Even though it's tough to accept, I respect his choice to depart. The hard part is always the questions left behind, as the living can only seek resolution among each other and within themselves. I didn't know him as well as other people, but my hope is that he left behind a legacy so that his story can provide answers.

If there is something after this life, then I hope knock is there and has finally been let in on the punch line of this cosmic joke. If he's also experiencing the peaceful rest of closure about the learning he came here to do, then so much the better. I want that for him above all else.

May all beings be happy,
May all beings be free from misery,
May no being be separated from their happiness,
May all beings have equanimity, free from hatred and attachment.
May all beings be blessed in all ways now.

<3

RIP Knock.

He was one of the most intelligent blokes I've had the pleasure of encountering. He was not only intelligent, but he had a gift for words and could explain his thoughts in a very simple way. SHM, that example you mentioned with him explaining his political views to crackhead was the first thought that popped into my head when I was thinking about Knock, and one of the many examples that demonstrates how fucking good he was at getting his point across. He just made sense.

Big loss :(

Never a truer word.
I was ranting a few weeks back about foreigners studying here. Knock made a point "you said you had been judgemental towards addicts before do you have to study aboard to have empathy with them,". (Something like that). I was angry at the time n sent him a PM ranting over the subject saying sometime like "how can I study abroad with no money I'd have to save absolutely ages to do that?"

His point exactly.

He had a way of helping someone understand a point of view without be derogaratory or any way negative.
He was unique.

For Michael R I P <3

[video=youtube_share;uRUIHfhnGYc]http://youtu.be/uRUIHfhnGYc[/video]

Knock was one of the people who I would always stop to read what he had to say. I am not active in eadd, but I am a frequent lurker.

I am so sorry, everyone. I know how well loved he was in this section of Bluelight. He had many friends here and I am certain that he got much joy and comfort interacting with you all. Suicide ideation is not always noticeable. Some people choose to only internalize it and when it happens, those close to the individual wonder what they could have done to prevent it. You all should know that what you accomplished was making him know that he was loved, respected, and not alone, if only here.

<3

He had a way of helping someone understand a point of view without be derogaratory or any way negative.
He was unique.

Most definitely. This was one of his most outstanding features for me. Truly inspirational in that regard. We would all do well to try to learn from his example.

yeah, i second that. Mr S helped me change my opinions and clear up my thinking about crime and punishment, i went from being hard line to more progressive and liberal thinking over a few exchanged posts. Knock had time for everybody, and would include everybody and make them feel welcome, and he had so much interesting stuff to say and to contribute. I havent really come to terms with this at all, i dont think i can. It hurts too much to think about.

[Knock] had a way of helping someone understand a point of view without be derogaratory or any way negative.
He was unique.
Most definitely. This was one of his most outstanding features for me. Truly inspirational in that regard. We would all do well to try to learn from his example.
Thirded. This is not at all an easy thing to get right. I've tried to do the same thing myself, and usually end up falling into one of two traps -- either turning up the sarcasm way too high; or trying to be gentle, then descending into a rambling explanation and ultimately losing sight of the original point.

Knock had The Gift, alright.

Fuck, that's awful.

I thought he was an awesome guy from reading his posts and made a great mod. Will be missed.

Today was the first day when I've starting feeling slightly normal again. Didn't stop me from breaking down again at inopportune moments but atleast it feels like my brains started to process it now. The first 48 hours was just a horror show. All I kept gettig was that initial "Knock RIP" thread repeating on me constantly, it was like nothing I've experienced.

For sone reason I don't feel compelled to expound on all his virtues, though I'm glad others are. For me its all about the freindship I had with him and how I felt we were growing closer by the day. I live a real solitary life these days, being stuck doing an ou degree and living with people who are even now trying to kick me out. I'm in so much debt that I can't go anywhere and see anyone. Knock was on the verge of becomingy best friend, atleast that's how I felt about him, and like to think he would have felt the same way.

I miss the banter so bad. I just wanna wake up 2mo and flick to a thread and have him call me cunt again, but I gotta comd to terms with thd fact that's never gonna happen again.

Last edited:
I feel thd same about shammy too incidently. For an analytical type like myself for some reason I don't feel like doing all that stuff now. Shambles is just a fucking legend. End of.

fuck me Jesus Christ i pm earlier tonight not knowing this had happened this is unbelievable r.i.p knock mate going miss you

mate did you just find out? so sorry for what you're feeling right now. I've atleat had a couple days to let it sink in

yes ive been dealing with my own things i cant get my head round this fucking welling up here they guy saved my life at least twice lately this is the last thing i would of ever guessed of walking into here and reading going log off again for awhile need to get away from this place so sorry swarm ive just not got the mechanisms to cope with this tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Old poster - but a long time lurker on here. Apologies if seems I am intruding here because it has been a long long time since I posted here. However I always have a catch up every few days as I do find the forum an interesting place.

At the risk of sounding a bit strange (I'm not honest) I feel as though i have a feel for the majority of the posters here and their character traits etc. I would also like to state I have never ever posted in an rip thread before.

But fuck me this has actually shocked me. Didn't even know the guy but I could just tell he was one cool fucker. He oozed class - he was intelligent, funny and for the most part extremely patient.

Even as I type this it feels a bit strange as a lurker and someone who I had never met him to be posting in this thread. But I genuinely looked forward to reading his posts.

I will say it again - he was just cool as fuck.

Thoughts go out to all of you who have lost a good friend.

RIP Knock.