• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Really Nice Codeine Thread

Well pregabalin with codeine definitely fucks you up.

Found it really hard to sleep after for some reason though. Odd since they're both downers.

Opioids may be "downers" but they are not hypnotics. They often physically sedate but make it paradoxically difficult to actually rest. If the body is not moving much at all but the levels of adenosine and cortisol are not at the level your brain associates with sleep a systemic action potential is generated. "Hypnic jerk" is the colloquial name for the result.

Opioids may be "downers" but they are not hypnotics. They often physically sedate but make it paradoxically difficult to actually rest. If the body is not moving much at all but the levels of adenosine and cortisol are not at the level your brain associates with sleep a systemic action potential is generated. "Hypnic jerk" is the colloquial name for the result.

Interesting. That makes sense based on my experience. I was laying there trying to fall asleep and I was able to reach a dream like state but I simply could not actually fall asleep. It's like my brain wouldn't shut down.

In the end I had to eat enough benzos until I fell asleep. It was a strange experience considering I can sleep perfectly well after taking amphetamine but it's codeine that gets me.

Well pregabalin with codeine definitely fucks you up.

Found it really hard to sleep after for some reason though. Odd since they're both downers.

I always wake up within an hour when I fall asleep on codeine, that's if I manage to sleep and I CAN'T sleep on Lyrica at all so (as far as sleep goes) I reckon they'd be a nightmare.

On 600mg right now. I take 400mg and increase 100mg every hour. By the 3rd hour, I'm on the moon. Codeine is the shit. Some people can't feel it... I pity those people.

I used to to think I was in heaven during my formative codeine experiences as a teenager. Then I qualified as a nurse and had access to almost infinite amounts of DHC. Then an occasional 120mgs on a nighttime showed me what heavenly really felt like.

Until I started using heroin. You can guess the rest.

I should think that most people can feel codeine induce a powerful opiated effect , the majority that cannot are like me, they have just ruined their ability to get anything out of it anymore due to its relativity to experiences involving stronger opiates, forming a permanent 'psychological tolerance' to its effects. Its not physical, as I have taken high enough doses (240mg or something like that) even during periods where I have been otherwise opiate free, and have still failed to recapture the wonderful euphoric effect that defined my early codeine and DF118 experiences.

Its wierd but after coming off all that methadone and fentanyl youd thing that after being opiate free for best part of a year anything would get me high but 200mg IV tramadol in hospital and 240mg oral codeine a day did nothing.

In other news ive got an appointment with the pain clinic on 3rd March to find a way of managing my pain thats acceptable to me (which under no circumstances would i accept methadone or subutex). Also while my EEG showed no signs of status epileptus my head ct showed a slightly abnormal patch of brain activity probably due to my accident and they are going to do a head MRI under sleep deprevation conditions in a few weeks....that should be easg to set up since i seldom sleep anyway :)

I used to to think I was in heaven during my formative codeine experiences as a teenager. Then I qualified as a nurse and had access to almost infinite amounts of DHC. Then an occasional 120mgs on a nighttime showed me what heavenly really felt like.

Until I started using heroin. You can guess the rest.

I should think that most people can feel codeine induce a powerful opiated effect , the majority that cannot are like me, they have just ruined their ability to get anything out of it anymore due to its relativity to experiences involving stronger opiates, forming a permanent 'psychological tolerance' to its effects. Its not physical, as I have taken high enough doses (240mg or something like that) even during periods where I have been otherwise opiate free, and have still failed to recapture the wonderful euphoric effect that defined my early codeine and DF118 experiences.

Majority of people I know who also did codeine are the same. I spent a pretty dark period of my life on MS-Contin (morphine) and I used codeine for withdrawals - it helped but I wasn't high at all, and I used to take it with 50mg valium (definitely not recommended). Then I was completely clean for 5 months, tried codeine again and it was as blissful as I remembered it to be. I'm glad too. This definitely isn't a good mindset to have but I don't think I'd be truly happy knowing I could never do Opiates again in my life - they've given me some of the best memories of my life, and where as I have no intention of swaying away from heavier Opiates for the rest of my life, thanks to codeine I can keep my use of them rare, and only occasional whilst still experiencing a high from codeine which I've done for years and never been addicted physically to it.

I have to admit though, sometimes I crave something harder than codeine. Thank god I never touched heroin, I think that truly would ruin codeine forever based off what I know.

Had quite a good buzz snorting five cods anyone have a diff experience

Keep antihistamines on hand, itchies can be unbearable!

Its generally regarded as the worst of the poppies for this side effect, but I always scratch myself to pieces whenever I've lapsed / relapsed on heroin and my tolerance has been low

Its generally regarded as the worst of the poppies for this side effect, but I always scratch myself to pieces whenever I've lapsed / relapsed on heroin and my tolerance has been low

regarding the itch, is it best to take the antihistamines as late as possible? i heard taking them too early dulls the euphoria.

I only ever used Promethazine for a time to potentiate the effects of mediocre heroins and always took the before to maximise the sedative effects. I never managed to catch a proper bliss nod with that stuff, promethazine or non, I'm getting real heroins again - proper chunky rock hard lumps of brown.

I never attempted to manage the histamine reaction whenever my tolerance was low. I used to love scratching my back and legs to shreds and rubbing my face into the pillow. Im a bit of a dick though when it comes to drugs to be perfectly Frank. Perhaps that it is why its more pronounced with codeine - it has the same full on itch factor but only a 6th or so of the 'x' factor. Still good before you discover silly strength poppies. My first and second nods were from 60 mg of dihydrocodeine and 30/500mg Co - codamol tablets, and they were accidentally achieved as the primary aim was the management of dental pain. They were the strongest pain killers I had and found God when using them for toothache in the middle of the night.

I used to post pics of my shredded calves after doing unspeakable things with unspeakably high doses of codeine way back when I first signed up here. Like Stee says, the itchiez have a perverse pleasure to them... Kinda.

If they're really not your bag though... I'd just skip codeine entirely cos there's very little else to it tbh.

Snorting codeine does nothing, if it did anything it's only because of the drip. Just swallow your codeine.

Yeah it does. And yes I know the science bit. Fact remains it works just fine though. So long as you have next to no tolerance. Definitely ain't just the drip either - I'd wager it has far more to do with individual reactions to opioids. After knowing plenty peeps (including at one time myself) who snorted codeine pills, some folk "get it" and some just don't. As such I call genetics.

Have been avoiding tablets and most drug related stuff (hence my small vacation from here for a week or so) but today I fancied a codeine buzz so I bought 1x Care+ sugar free codeine linctus. 600mg of codeine and no paracetamol and it was really cheap so can't go wrong. In fact it was a post i saw lurking on here that gave me the idea because I have never tried a CWE so it was a much easier alternative :D

Also a couple of weeks ago I managed to obtain a bottle of oramorph and I enjoyed it highly, but then I come on here and see loads of people saying that "Oral morphine is a waste". I don't get it though, how else are you supposed to take oramorph? it's an oral solution so I don't think I could have easily extracted the pure morphine, and even if I could I would have just snorted it because I don't like IV.

I tried it once about a month ago when I had a shot of IV H and although it was amazingly euphoric, I don't like needles, and had to get someone else to do it for me and I didn't like that I had to hide my arm for about a week until the bruise had gone. So although I have ticked it off my list I wont be repeating the experience again.

Also a couple of weeks ago I managed to obtain a bottle of oramorph and I enjoyed it highly, but then I come on here and see loads of people saying that "Oral morphine is a waste". I don't get it though, how else are you supposed to take oramorph? it's an oral solution so I don't think I could have easily extracted the pure morphine, and even if I could I would have just snorted it because I don't like IV.

plug it, i.e.: up the butt

Be careful as if the Nurofen has red dye colouring the surface of the tablet then it may pink up the drink, making it difficult to see if you have visibly clear solution (a decent CWE should be as crystal clear as normal water and should only be distinguishable by the strong smell and taste).

At least if you do make an error and ingest too much ibuprofen it wont be as harmful as overdoing a co - codamol extraction and ingesting too much APAP.

Be careful my friend