Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Really Nice Codeine Thread

Shambles

Bluelight Crew
I got ID'd for cigs just a few years back. Made my decade so it did =D

Anyway how would a 20 mg oxy compare to a big dose of DHC of like 400 mg?

Not too badly according to an opioid equivalence converter. It doesn't actually list DHC as an option but codeine is there and DHC is nowhere really near double the potency of codeine. It is more potent weight for weight but I've never heard of anybody putting it (subjectively) at double no matter how many times it is suggested. I'd put it at maybe 25% more potent (125mg of DHC roughly equivalent to 100mg of codeine and so on) and I'd say that was being fairly generous. YMMV is a particular factor with codeine due to differing metabolisms - and it's also somewhat subjective to pin down precisely - so there is always potential for some variation in terms of perceived equivalences.

Using the codeine equivalence as a guideline I'd expect 20mg of oxy to be in the general ballpark of 400mg of DHC. They feel somewhat different in terms of actual effects (I would say oxy feels speedier and more euphoric, DHC still quite speedy and not so big on euphoria - at least that is the case for me) but seem to be of more or less similar potency. If you're okay taking one you should be fine with the other.

All opies make me chainsmoke. I really notice the difference - I go from maybe 5-10 rollies per day at absolute max to up to 1/2oz of baccy per day. Wouldn't even like to think how many that works out to :\

Haha aw ;) I remember me Mum and Dad get ID'd for booze in the US after Dad had just turned 40. Was dead chuffed.

People keep saying to me it's a compliment but bear in mind I'm three months off 27 and still get ID'd for stuff you need to be 16 to buy...! To add to that, I got a new drivers license with my new address cos its free apparently if you knacker it. Didn't realise photos are free too so I still have the photo of when I WAS sixteen and I've...to be nice...gained weight, gained ten years, and have short hair. I'll have to take a photo of my license and me currently, blocking off details obviously. And when I can be arsed.

Also I read that as 'all opies make me chamomile' which made me want some cos, maybe just me, but it feels like it goes nicely with it. But yeah, just a recent occurrence, hope it doesn't finally turn into a habit tho usually if sober the idea of smoking makes me feel sick, so...

Last edited:
Sounds kinda interesting. I like the warm snuggly bit of codeine, and like I said, linctus seems to last way longer than a CWE for me (drank a bottle at about 10am, still feeling monged at just gone 6 but been smoking weed too. Will try the Paramol. Also congrats on acquiring linctus via pharmacy. The last time I tried I nearly got it then the pharmacist asked if I'd tried pholcodine, I said yes but it didn't work. 'Oh well this probably won't then.'

Also, if the main man tries any of that shit and I'm feeling brave, my line always is - "Well, it's worst at nights and when I had the same problem a few years back, I found it helped me get to sleep."

Not failed yet (twice), but more often I'd cut my losses and scarper. I usually only attempt to buy it when it's there on the shelf, so if you look directly at it whilst asking, it's unlikely they'll turn you down, as the embarrassing (for all concerned) implication is they blatantly have it, but they're not willing to serve it to you because you look dodge codge. Plus, if they have it on the shelves they're probably unlikely to give too much of a toss anyway.

Aye, I keep meaning to try the 'worse at nights' but always fucking forget. I need to wear me glasses more to see if it is actually on the shelf. Also good point about them not iving a toss if it's only the shelf.

And now it's time for a new codeine megathread. Hurrah!

So if my bottle has 15mg per 5ml and the bottle is 200ml I have 600mg of codeine. Innit?

I think I'll down half and see how a go :)

At least I'm not munching on loads of trams these days

Your maths is correct. Half bottle = 300mg (or so) which is a dandy dose for most. Much preferable to trams in many ways... but does come with a wee sting in the tail if taken to excess. Until excess, enjoy <3

Tell me the sting please? The itchies? The tolerance?

Maybe I'll go with just a third to begin with. I still feel 36mg (nurofen plus x3)

Yeah if you've got any anti-histamine about neck some, it makes you itch like fuck for the level of fuckedness.

Done it before?

Of course. It's what I cut my opi teeth on (along with my beloved Gee's Linctus <3).

I'm going by average. If, as has been further supplied, three Nurofen = buzz an antihistamine is gonna be borderline essential I agree. That aspect wasn't mentioned though so I will defend my comment cos it is true for the "average" person. Some folk are more sensitive and half a bottle of linctus may be a tad much... but not in the life-threatening sense so much as the "rip all the skin off yer body" sense. Which is, I would suggest, an entirely different sense.

Was directed at gos!

I think most people in this country cut there opiate teeth on codeine or dhc. I certainly started by doing CWEs, then when I moved to Leicester I discovered chemists that sold linctus over the counter (none did in my home town).

Mixing with straight orange cordial is pretty good at disguising the taste. *shudders*

Technically I actually cut my opi teeth with heroin but that's another matter. In regards to the orange squash comment above... pfft... take it like a wo/man or don't take it at all I say... Unless Codeine Slammers are in effect in which case go you!!! =D

Yeah just fucking neck it, mixing it prolongs the agony.

edit: I remember the sugar free versions being much ranker than the sugared ones.

Technically I actually cut my opi teeth with heroin but that's another matter. In regards to the orange squash comment above... pfft... take it like a wo/man or don't take it at all I say... Unless Codeine Slammers are in effect in which case go you!!! =D

Undiluted squash though (apart from the linctus). Really doesnt taste too bad or make you end up drinking half a pint of codeine juice.

That is of little relevance in reply to a post about drinking linctus but I guess I'd just about agree... sort of... I still say Codeine Slammers or gtfo tbh.