Rate the song above you (youtube)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/10 I find psy-trance music to generally be pretty redundant, which is a shame b/c the psytrance scene and its attitudes seems pretty cool. That being said, I'd rather drop some Ellis and listen to this remix of Dead Can Dance's Lotus Eaters.

hahaha! If you are basing your opinion of the current state of psy trance based on a GMS track, you'd think that psy WAS completely dead, I agree. Look a bit harder and you'll find there is still alot of quality production coming out behind all the shit. Just like most over flooded genres these days.

here is an example. Feel free to rate it 0/10 but notice the drum pattern.

That wasn't bad. A cross between electro and pop music. The melodies could've been a bit stronger, as could the sound of the vocals, but that was ok. Reminded me of a lot of the stuff on Diplo's Fabriclive album (which is the best house party CD ever imo!!!). I'll give it 6/10.

Now for some deep, introspective electro:

Anthony Rother - Biomechanik

That wasn't bad. A cross between electro and pop music. The melodies could've been a bit stronger, as could the sound of the vocals, but that was ok. Reminded me of a lot of the stuff on Diplo's Fabriclive album (which is the best house party CD ever imo!!!). I'll give it 6/10.

Now for some deep, introspective electro:

Anthony Rother - Biomechanik

8/10, good electro/minimal. Doesn't bring me out of my seat, but I probably need to stay put more. Now, for a little uptempo:

Jamaster A - Bells of Tiananmen (Airbase Remix)

Didn't have much going for it except some cool vocal samples. Evil Nine - Cakehole
I'm a sucker for cool vocal samples like some are suckers for a naive melody :).
Yout last track is really dope. 8/10
That ethereal intro --> that super-thick, strong bass line --> the rest of the song = a real delight. What's up with the monster-fart bass tone at the end?! Overall, I really like these trancey/b'beat type tracks. Keep 'em coming!

Here is KJ Sawka-"Void of Truth"

Walter Meego-"Through a Keyhole"
Ummmm couldn't even get through the whole thing. Grooved harder to the explosive fart I just had. 4/10 Fart got a 7.

I dunno what to pick so this is what I was listening to on shuffle right now.
Ed Solo - Age of Dub

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this idiot (Ed Solo) have no shame? Does he realise that he's just destroyed one of the best techno/trance tracks ever made???????? Arggggggggggg. People have been shot for lesser crimes than this!!!!! 3/10.

The Age Of Love - The Age Of Love (Jam and Spoon 'Watch out for Stella' mix)

Oh.
My.
God.
The day someone smashes a disgusting dubstep remix like this is the day I.....GET REALLY FUCKING MAD AT THE HATER.
EAT A DICK, TRANCER!

µ Ziq - Theme
I've got a version that's a bit slower that I like more, but this is still badass regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.