Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

You got the title wrong - this is actually 'Part 4'. I liked it, although IMO 'Part 2' (the track you posted before) is even better. I would describe both tracks as 'techno' (rather than 'minimal') - they reminded me of the kind of stuff James Ruskin played when I saw him in Manchester a few months ago, which I really enjoyed. But 'part 2' is a bit more evil than 'part 4', and also has a better groove. I'm gonna give 'part 4' 6/10 (whereas 'Part 2' gets 7/10).

Levictus - this next one's for you - I think you'll really like it!!!

The Advent vs Industrialyzer - My World

Not bad, maybe 6.5/10. I didn't feel any magic with that song though...

The Art Of Trance - Cambodia (Clanger Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3E64KQzsg

One of my oldskool favorites!

a little boring at first, but i like how it gets going around 2:15 or so...good, but not amazing...I'm sorry, i have respect for the old skool vibe, but it just doesnt get me going that hard 7/10

For shits and giggles, I listened to the Tunnel Vision mix, liked it alot lot better, that one gets a 9/10

GMS - Higher (Remix)

@MDMAhead. Yeah Part 2 does indeed have a better groove than Part 4. Although I have to say that groove is pretty damn evil and tech sounding, nothing like the groove in the funk/disco and derivatives. Yeah, that's a pretty sick sounding techno track - will need to listen to it on my speakers once I get home from work. 8/10 ;)

It's alright. I don't really like psytrance though. It all sounds the same to me. 6/10

Renegade - Terrorist

Classic tune. Nothing more needs to be said. :) 9/10

LebelgeElectrod - Because They Don't Exist

Wow, that was wicked!!! I really didn't know what was gonna happen after that piano at the start - I was just praying it didn't turn into a really cheesy, generic, wobwobwob dubstep track. And luckily enough, it didn't! I don't think I've ever heard those synth sounds in a dubstep track before, so the track certainly gets bonus points for originality. It's one of those tracks that if you heard it dropped in a dubstep set, you'd be thinking 'what the fuck is this???!!!!!!!!' (in a good way). 7/10.

Drexciya - Journey Home

Wow, that was wicked!!! I really didn't know what was gonna happen after that piano at the start - I was just praying it didn't turn into a really cheesy, generic, wobwobwob dubstep track. And luckily enough, it didn't! I don't think I've ever heard those synth sounds in a dubstep track before, so the track certainly gets bonus points for originality. It's one of those tracks that if you heard it dropped in a dubstep set, you'd be thinking 'what the fuck is this???!!!!!!!!' (in a good way). 7/10.

Drexciya - Journey Home

A bit too poppy for me...just sounds like someone messing around with a pair of synths...some of the back beats are cool, but the leads and the bassline just annoy the fuck out of me 4/10

Misfilter - A Place For You (Hedflux Remix)

gentle melodic track but edgy at the same time, i like how the vocals slowly come into it and build it up into a nice ryhthm 8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA42nu_Ek-M&feature=related

Tis very melodic :) And is extremely well produced and has texture and depth in droves. It has a hint of Trance about it, which diminishes my love for it a tad, but otherwise it's noice %) So, I'll give it a 7.5/10 ;)

B. BRAVO - Computa Love

Here's mine for you: Hip-Hoppy, G-Funkish, Dubsteppy shexiness ^_^

B. BRAVO - Computa Love

Here's mine for you: Hip-Hoppy, G-Funkish, Dubsteppy shexiness ^_^

Hehe, this is clearly an attempt at making lounge dubstep (or should that be 'lounge-step'?) - the sort of dubstep you might hear in a trendy bar, but would never hear in a proper dubstep club. That said, I actually really liked it - the production was very smooth, and I loved those vocodered vocals too! 7/10.

Well after you posted 'Computa Love', here's some 'Computer Love':

Kraftwerk - Computer Love ('The Mix' version)

that was beautiful. nasa should blast that into outer space and id bet Extraterrestrial life would respond with open arms or tentacles or something. plus made in 1963 ? timeless man. ima give it a 10/10

Balam Acab - Big Boy

Damn, really good dubby ambient. Really like the child-like vocals. Bring up a nostalgic ambiance. 8/10

Samuel L Session - Psyche (Part 3)

Btw, MDMAhead, you might want to check this track out. It's fucking good. Samuel L Session is the man! I've liked almost every track of his that I've listened to! 8o

Samuel L Session - Psyche (Part 3)

Btw, MDMAhead, you might want to check this track out. It's fucking good. Samuel L Session is the man! I've liked almost every track of his that I've listened to! 8o

That was good, although it didn't blow me away. 6/10. If you like Samuel L Session, then you should speak to toa$t - he loves this kind of Swedish techno, so he can probably give you some recommendations. I'm pretty sure he'll recommend Adam Beyer, seeing as Beyer is pretty much the King of Swedish techno.

Check this one out:

Adam Beyer & Jesper Dahlback - Number In Between

That was good, although it didn't blow me away. 6/10. If you like Samuel L Session, then you should speak to toa$t - he loves this kind of Swedish techno, so he can probably give you some recommendations. I'm pretty sure he'll recommend Adam Beyer, seeing as Beyer is pretty much the King of Swedish techno.

Check this one out:

Adam Beyer & Jesper Dahlback - Number In Between

nice track. Like the sound vibe a 2.21. 7/10

somthing short n sweet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doo1fVPu4c4&feature=player_embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.