Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to say, this sounds like New Order. But of course it's a side project from Peter Hook! Well, I'm a fan of the New Order sound. Still, I wonder what the point of the side project was if they sound like New Order? Am I missing something here? 8/10

Kinky Movement - Clownin Around

good the music is good bumpin, but of course the sample of "stuck in the middle with u" really shines over the beat. thats a song i thought id never hear sampled for a house track, and just not snippets of the vocals but the good part of the verse. all elements, vocals included fit really well together. 7.5/10

Crc - Vaskitsaherra (E.R.P. aka Convextion Remix)

Like it, nice electronica, probably good for driving and shagging - 8/10

Andrea Parker - Breaking the Code

StarOceanHouse said:
I was about to say, this sounds like New Order. But of course it's a side project from Peter Hook! Well, I'm a fan of the New Order sound. Still, I wonder what the point of the side project was if they sound like New Order? Am I missing something here? 8/10

Hehe, I think Monaco were formed when New Order first split up (in the mid-90s), so it was never really a side-project - it was more a case of 'I hate the other members of New Order but still want to make music'. Well now they've split up again, and Peter Hook is in a new band called 'Freebass', whereas Bernard Sumner is in a new band called 'Bad Lieutenant'. But of course, I would much prefer it if New Order were still together :(

You were never gonna top the last track of yours that I rated in this thread (the Sabres Of Paradise track), but this Andrea Parker track is still an excellent slice of moody trip-hop, that reminded me of '6 Underground' by the Sneaker Pimps. I'm gonna give it 7/10.

Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

5/10^

It started out and I thought it was gonna take a jazzy turn but it never really did, nor did the track develop. not much of a buildup.... wasn't a bad track but a little boring imo.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTDyCSyKe8&feature=search]Dirty Culture - French Fries (Mindhacker Remix)[/url]

This track is a little goofy but I dig it.

I listened to the top one (panpot) was good man. Progressive. Not enough drops for me though. I say 5/10 Thats just me though...

This song is just awesome... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by0H1c5cQfs&feature=sub

This was okay. Not really my cup of tea though, the lyrics felt kinda cheesy. 5/10

You are supposed to listen to the previously posted track and rate it. Then you post your own track.

Pretty sick minimal. Nice synths and progression. 7/10

Billie Ray Martin - Honey (Deep Dish Hoojee Dub)

man thats a dr. demento song. I wouldn't call it cheezy, more like demented. but i get what u mean :p

Status
Not open for further replies.