Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is good, like i was going to pass up on rating it, to see if someone else would give it the high rating it deserves but as it progresses i can't bite my tounge any longer and must take matters into my hands.. literally (typing) i remember u posted another king unique track, i think it was "feniksas" well that sounded very 90s, well 2000000 Dubs sounds like it was made recently but still has the feeling id get from something in the late 90s if that makes sense... 8/10

Juan Atkins - Flash Flood

Nice smooth techno. Cool spacey vibes. 7/10

Here is another track that sounds like it's from the early 90s Rave era, but features 2010 production values. I found it on the D&B thread:

Darwin - Bring it Back

Here is another track that sounds like it's from the early 90s Rave era, but features 2010 production values. I found it on the D&B thread:

Darwin - Bring it Back

That was good. It was basically a 2010 liquid track, but with the sped-up vocals and piano that used to feature heavily in old-school hardcore tracks. 6/10.

Apparently this is gonna be Underworld's next single:

Underworld - Always Loved A Film

That was good. It was basically a 2010 liquid track, but with the sped-up vocals and piano that used to feature heavily in old-school hardcore tracks. 6/10.

Apparently this is gonna be Underworld's next single:

Underworld - Always Loved A Film

This is really good. At first I was like: This doesn't sound like Underworld at all, but then the vocal kicked in and I was like: Yeah, this sounds like Underworld in 2010. Regardless, pretty cool song. 8/10

Some mad neurofunk:

Dom & Roland - Minds and Machines

That first sample drop = "Woah!" I liked the idea of chopping the trumpet phrase to create a solo but wasn't crazy about the solo he created. Some of the hi-hats in the sample clashed with the rhythm track in a minor way during the first breakdown. In fact, I didn't care for any of the breakdowns much. The more I listened to it, the more I realized it lacked alot of the elements I like in house. It wasn't full of innovative sounds subtly changing. It wasn't carried by a big, swinging bouncy bassline. It didn't have divalicious vocals. It wasn't throbbing, pulsing, side-chained madness. It was a bunch of mediocre samples over a generic house rhythm.

I don't mean to be so critical but I was loving it at the first drop but felt deeply let down by the end.
3/10

Derrick May - "The Dance"

That first sample drop = "Woah!" I liked the idea of chopping the trumpet phrase to create a solo but wasn't crazy about the solo he created. Some of the hi-hats in the sample clashed with the rhythm track in a minor way during the first breakdown. In fact, I didn't care for any of the breakdowns much. The more I listened to it, the more I realized it lacked alot of the elements I like in house. It wasn't full of innovative sounds subtly changing. It wasn't carried by a big, swinging bouncy bassline. It didn't have divalicious vocals. It wasn't throbbing, pulsing, side-chained madness. It was a bunch of mediocre samples over a generic house rhythm.

I don't mean to be so critical but I was loving it at the first drop but felt deeply let down by the end.
3/10

Derrick May - "The Dance"

Ok, i realize this song is old as fuck (almost older than me, in fact) but I'll tell you, by today's standards, it sounds generic, like something some 12yo did with his first copy of Fruity Loops....in fact, im pretty sure I made some songs that sound exactly like this. a couple points for history, but in a pure rating sense, this falls flat. 3/10

Fluke - Absurd (Whitewash Cybernetic)

|>R()|)!G/-\|_ said:

rincewindrocks said:
Ok, i realize this song is old as fuck (almost older than me, in fact) but I'll tell you, by today's standards, it sounds generic, like something some 12yo did with his first copy of Fruity Loops....in fact, im pretty sure I made some songs that sound exactly like this. a couple points for history, but in a pure rating sense, this falls flat. 3/10

Eeeeeeek!!!!!!! 'The Dance' is one of the most important tracks in the history of techno!!!! I <3 that melody - so simple yet so haunting and beautiful. Infact, I love everything about the track - I would've given it 9/10, but each to their own I guess!!!

I haven't checked when that was released, but I'm guessing it was in the late-90s, when goa trance was making the transition into modern psytrance. It has the bassline that all modern psytrance has (16 bass notes per bar), yet it's slower than modern psytrance. I loved everything about the track, except the bassline. I just don't 'get' that psytrance bassline. But I think maybe I should listen to some more goa trance, cos I do quite like it. 6/10.

Cross-posting from the EMD social thread:

Baths - Aminals

^that was so amazing. I love uplifting downtempo. The kids in the background helped the track. It feels like waking up on a warm sunny day. 8/10

MDMAhead, I think you should dig Goa. I remember u posted a track by Orbital that sounded exactly like goa trance.

Goasia - Black Kahva

^ it is a good psy track, not going to rate it too highly as it sounds like a lot of other psy/goa, but I do like it, especially the dark almost carnival melodies half way! 6/10 :)

Opiou - Monkey Crunk

I would actually say they don't really make music like that track by Derrick May. Tracks like that are awesome because they focus on the music and the music only. That's one of the beautiful/revolutionary things about electronic music - there is no more "star" or "show" or whatever. It's people on the dancefloor and the music. All you got is that heavenly vibrations. :D

^ it is a good psy track, not going to rate it too highly as it sounds like a lot of other psy/goa, but I do like it, especially the dark almost carnival melodies half way! 6/10 :)

Opiou - Monkey Crunk

Ah, this one didn't really catch my attention. It just feels kind of all over.

From the Deep thread:

James Holden - Horizons (Way Out West Remix)

I would actually say they don't really make music like that track by Derrick May. Tracks like that are awesome because they focus on the music and the music only. That's one of the beautiful/revolutionary things about electronic music - there is no more "star" or "show" or whatever. It's people on the dancefloor and the music. All you got is that heavenly vibrations. :D

Ah, this one didn't really catch my attention. It just feels kind of all over.

From the Deep thread:

James Holden - Horizons (Way Out West Remix)

wow...just wow 10/10 that is one of the coolest tracks i've ever heard..beautiful airy trance...if i heard this at a party, i wouldnt even be able to dance, id just stand in front of a speaker, even if i was sober

ok, i fully expect everyone to hate on this song, and in truth im not the hugest fan myself, but i have to give it up with a little 505 love, so heres some local producers/LivePA

Monster Paws - Champagne Bike Ride

wow...just wow 10/10 that is one of the coolest tracks i've ever heard..beautiful airy trance...if i heard this at a party, i wouldnt even be able to dance, id just stand in front of a speaker, even if i was sober

ok, i fully expect everyone to hate on this song, and in truth im not the hugest fan myself, but i have to give it up with a little 505 love, so heres some local producers/LivePA

Monster Paws - Champagne Bike Ride

hahaha, that is funny, a very very confused track, like the little synth lines, and the wet bassline. Bits of amateur indie, bits of what I would consider classic American humour, bits of early beastie boys style rap, bits of techno, a very fucked up and very entertaining video.

Everyone is going nuts about the A Side Take It Down which is wicked, but this is classic old skool chicago style house and I love it
LB Dub Corp - Its what you feel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM448h_EDhM

Last edited:
Nice futuristic techno. Pretty cool video clip as well. :) 7/10

Now some early psybient, brought to you by Carl Sagan:

Infinity Project - The Answer

takes 6 minutes for any kind of melody to come in, probably good background music for an art gallery or something, nothing for me to grab onto.

As for ambient, this is a big favourite of mine, its a classic so you may have heard it already, its not exactly very underground.

reload - the biosphere (global communication remix)

As for ambient, this is a big favourite of mine, its a classic so you may have heard it already, its not exactly very underground.

reload - the biosphere (global communication remix)

That was good, although I don't think I'm in the best mood for that kind of sparse ambient right now. I'm sure if I was tripping I'd love it though! 6/10. Incidentally, I saw Tom Middleton DJ in Manchester a few months ago, and he was excellent, although he didn't play anything like that!

Whatever you think of this next track, you can't deny that Tammy Wynette's voice is amazing. And the lyrics are fucking hilarious too =D

The KLF featuring Tammy Wynette - Justified & Ancient (Stand By The Jams 12" version)

Status
Not open for further replies.