Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hi-nrg intro with some complex sounds and a dynamic build. Unfortunately, it went way downhill after the first 30 seconds or so. I wasn't feeling the addition of the classical themes played on electronic harps and pianos, etc... They just didn't mesh well to me. Not only that, but it tricks the listener into thinking the awfulness has subsided only to introduce a second (bowel) movement.
3/10

jimmy Edgar - "Wanna Do It"

Nice hi-nrg intro with some complex sounds and a dynamic build. Unfortunately, it went way downhill after the first 30 seconds or so. I wasn't feeling the addition of the classical themes played on electronic harps and pianos, etc... They just didn't mesh well to me. Not only that, but it tricks the listener into thinking the awfulness has subsided only to introduce a second (bowel) movement.
3/10

jimmy Edgar - "Wanna Do It"

sheeeit, that was fucking awesome. i dont usually go in for that type of stuff (i like my dancing shoes) but that was great. sersiouly kept me on my toes "wheres the next sound coming from?!?!?" good call man 9/10

Astrix - Sex Style (Mystical Complex Remix)

sheeeit, that was fucking awesome. i dont usually go in for that type of stuff (i like my dancing shoes) but that was great. sersiouly kept me on my toes "wheres the next sound coming from?!?!?" good call man 9/10

Astrix - Sex Style (Mystical Complex Remix)

Nice! Haven't heard this particular mix of this track, but it's still really good. Astrix is one of the more interesting Israeli full-on producers. 8/10

Some old skul trance:

Billie Ray Martin - Honey (Chicane Club Mix)

Oh man..........I <3 electro so much. I hadn't heard that before, but it had such a carefree, happy 80s vibe. They sure don't make 'em like this anymore!!! 8.5/10.

Here's another classic 80s electro track. This one's on Diplo's superb 'Fabriclive' mix CD:

Freestyle - Don't Stop The Rock

not a huge electro fan myself...the backing track was alright, but those vocoder lyrics just made me go "ugh". no substance, no originality, and a pain in the ass to listen to...would have enjoyed a straight instrumental more 4/10

Pendulum - Still Grey

That was excellent, as I would expect from DJ Stingray. He's definitely one of the most forward-thinking electro producers. This tune combined clinical electro beats with video-game sounds, with some lush Detroit chords to cap things off. If I was being picky, I would've liked to have heard more of those chords (like maybe a breakdown where it's just the chords, without the drums or video-game synths). But yeah..........it's an excellent electro track, that would definitely feature in my sets if I was a DJ!!! 7.5/10.

Here's (I think) my favourite Drexciya track:

Abstract Thought - Bermuda Triangle

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_hhaFO9cs
Love this tune, by any chance does anyone know the name of it. :\

I can't beleive you could give my Drexciya track such a low rating!!!! Is there no one on here apart from me and JoeTheStoner who appreciates proper electro????!!!!!!!!

I'm tempted to give your track a low mark just to get back at you, but I'm not that petty, and in any event, your track is great!!!! And yes - I do know what it's called - it's a version of the classic house track 'Kariya - Let Me Love You For Tonight' (it's the opening track on one of my alltime favourite mix CDs - Mr C - DJ Collection volume 3 - Back To The Old School). To be honest, the version you posted isn't as good as the version that's on that Mr C mix - your version has some extra piano and extra vocals that make the track a little cheesy. But still, I absolutely love that lead synth riff, and the old-school bassline is great too! I'm gonna give it 7/10.

Edit: I've just realised where the bassline in your track comes from too! - it comes from another classic track - Gat Decor - Passion (listen to the track from 5 minutes onwards, and you'll see what I mean). So yeah..........the track you posted seems to be a mashup of 2 classic tracks, and possibly another track as well - I'll let you know if I figure it out!!!

Here's (IMO) a better version of the track:

Kariya - Let Me Love You For Tonight (this is the track I want people to rate)

Last edited:

Have to say that's the weirdest thing I've heard in a while. Gets pretty good towards the end, though. 6/10. ;)

I can't beleive you could give my Drexciya track such a low rating!!!! Is there no one on here apart from me and JoeTheStoner who appreciates proper electro????!!!!!!!!

I liked it, like I said the drum beat just ruins it. :\ Cheers for the links.

Romero — La Tormenta (Virtual Mix)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.