Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not crazy about the vocal, breathy samples, rhythm, or keys but love that bassline with filter action all over it, spooky pads, and the drumkit. The track had somewhat sensual vibe but, to me, lacked coherence.
3/10

Dennis Ferrer - "Touched the Sky"

I don't typically like house tracks with those kind of vocals, but I am in summer mood, so this track hit the spot. The non-vocal parts of the track also have some nice synths and melodies. 6/10

High Contrast - Passion

8/10

Catchy Track with , what sounds to me dark vibes and the bells just give it that Eerie touch. Nice bit of Synth...

Oooh ive heard that Synth line before. (i go to hard house, hard trance and hardstyle Events)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGf3QZnJkx8

BT Feat. Jan Johnston - Flesh (Tiesto mix)

Jan Johnston the queen of vocal trance

BT-Rose of Jericho

I liked the techy vibe from the beginning; lots of cool rhythmic fills. I liked how the melody started to morph in around 1:00 and built from there. It had an uplifting vibe but wasn't cheesy and although a bit trancy, still had a mechanical feel. That was really good but had a few too many breakdowns/beat breaks interrupting the momentum. I also would have like to hear some variance in the main melodic patch.
8/10

Derrick Carter - "Psycho"

I really like house and techno but I'm not really into "funky house", so unfortunately I have to give 4/10. Deep, progressive house is more my style. Still I wouldn't leave the dancefloor if this track was played ;)

I'm now going to post the probably most classic goa trance tracks of all times, produced by the mastermind Simon Posford who is largely regognized as one of the best producer of electronic music (by producers and artists from a wide range of electronic genres).

By the way, the intro sample in the following tracks goes as follows;

I believe that with the advent of acid we discovered new ways to think. And it has to do with piecing togehter new thoughts of our mind Why is it that people thinks it's so evil? What is it about if that scares people so deeply? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in either, because we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

Hallucinogen - LSD

I really like house and techno but I'm not really into "funky house", so unfortunately I have to give 4/10. Deep, progressive house is more my style. Still I wouldn't leave the dancefloor if this track was played ;)

I'm now going to post the probably most classic goa trance tracks of all times, produced by the mastermind Simon Posford who is largely regognized as one of the best producer of electronic music (by producers and artists from a wide range of electronic genres).

By the way, the intro sample in the following tracks goes as follows;

I believe that with the advent of acid we discovered new ways to think. And it has to do with piecing togehter new thoughts of our mind Why is it that people thinks it's so evil? What is it about if that scares people so deeply? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in either, because we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

Hallucinogen - LSD

One of the best psytrance tracks out there IMO. :) 10/10

Not my typical style, but for some reason I am really digging this track. I even like the original a lot:

Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness [Steve Aoki Remix]

Decent minimal techno. It felt a little weak to me, slower and it could have been a better "chill" track, and if it had a bit more "oomph" in its beat it would be a great track to hear at a club. In its current form, I don't know if I'd want to dance to it. Don't get me wrong, I love techno, but this track just seems a bit weak to me.

7/10

Here's a track that I enoy playing with on my decks. I find that cutting out the bass with a kill switch and dropping it back in is a lot of fun :). It builds really slowly, but gets better and better.

Infusion - Girls can be cruel (Infusion sQ'ed Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wEasXiVy4&feature=related

That's sounded like the sun setting and night beginning; like speeding on the expressway toward the exit with city lights on either side of me. The pads and atmospheric washes of white noise and affected vocals couldn't have been better placed. Every time I thought it couldn't get better, another element came in and it got even better! I also liked how it almost became a different track wrapped in the original track around 4:40. It made me wish youtube had a love button.
9/10

Bill Youngman - "HH3"

I like the "bubbly" beats in this track. Very spacey & dream like, though I think it's a little bland... I find it repetitive. 6/10

Godsmack - Whatever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ6sAc4gZgc

Edit: Oops sorry, this thread was subscribed to & it only said "Rate the song above you (youtube). I didn't know it was electronic only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.