• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is one of my biggest pet peeves, as i'm sure the whole coke-thing is to others.

The two people I know who drive camaros are actually very good individuals. One is a phys-ed teacher (unusual, teachers drive jettas usually, dont't they? ;) ), the other is a cop. Both are easy going and will have conversations over lunch or drinks with you at the drop of a hat, on any subject.

i think approx 70% of the worlds camaros are sitting up on cinder blocks in the front yards of various rednecks.

elemenohpee said:
Why is it that people who drive Camaros are almost always pricks?
lol good one.

They are usually stuck in the 70/80s too. slight mullet, mustache, total cheese.

elemenohpee said:
and up north its "pop" :X

naw it aint man!

I always thought that was a southern or midwest thing. cuz i sure as hell never heard anybody call it "pop"

its Soda

What does it matter? If you don't call it that, then .. don't call it that.

BTW, I know CANADIANS that call it "pop" :p

randycaver said:
Practically everyone I know here calls it "pop", myself included.

pennywise said:
i think approx 70% of the worlds camaros are sitting up on cinder blocks in the front yards of various rednecks.

lol! Totally. I live in Florida, and it seems as though rusted camaro displays are extremely popular ornaments for many a redneck's front lawns. I actually didn't buy a house that was otherwise beautiful last year BECAUSE the neighbor had a nasty-ass decomposing camaro in his front yard.

Note to all indigent, rebel flag waving hillbillies: Throw your non-functioning shitmobiles out when they're done.

Thanks. ;-)

...Ad

In my area of the south everyone also calls it soda. I've never heard anyone call soda coke, but i've heard people say soda instead of coke. If you just say soda you get a coke.

randycaver said:
What does it matter? If you don't call it that, then .. don't call it that.

it dont matter i ws jsut sayin what we call it

i cant make out the borders of where it becomes soda, pop, or sodapop. coke though most definatly is a redneck thing.

im from mi though and call it soda..maybe if everyone layed out where theyre from and what they call it we could find some borders..

Looking for the title/artist of a dance song that was popular here in Aus, and is still played occasionaly on crap like Nova.

Its got lyrics sometihng like "In my heart baby" (repeats)
or "My hearts with you" (repeats)

If anyone can find this song for me there will be a paypal reward (no kidding).

if a cat has really short whiskers, will it think it won't able to go through a really wide spot? aren't they supposed to be indicators to the cat of how wide spaces they can fit through?

I call all colas "Coke" and all the rest "soda." My mother's family (from upstate NY) calls it "pop."

Gravy does not pertain to spaghetti sauce in any manner. Sorry, I understand that many Italian-Americans call it that, but I call it marinara (without meat), bolognese (with meat) or spaghetti sauce (generic).

Gravy is the stuff you put on mashed potatoes and roast beef, chicken, pork or turkey. If you are putting gravy on pasta, you are probably either extremely stoned or you are doing something wrong.

Sauce is a more versatile term. For example, I'm making chicken in a creamy celery sauce with carrots and herbs tonight. If I make rice with it, I'll put the sauce over the rice. But in no manner is that gravy.

^ why wouldnt marinara and spaghetti sauce be the same thing then?

my grandma calls it tonic. i notice a lot of older people around here say that, the younger people say soda lol

mariposa420 said:
For example, I'm making chicken in a creamy celery sauce with carrots and herbs tonight. If I make rice with it, I'll put the sauce over the rice. But in no manner is that gravy.

hey, could you either PM me your recipe for that dinner you're making, or put it in your journal, or post it here? :D that sounds yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.