• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seasoning can go on afterwards too... doesn't necessarily need to be during the cooking process.

no it doesnt explain the difference between sauce and dressing.

"sauce is a liquid served on or used in the preparation of food"

dressing could fit in there in place of sauce easily.

I also doesnt explain why some people call things that arent gravy, gravy.

Situation-specific synonyms.

A sauce is a dressing for hot dishes.
A dressing is a sauce for cold dishes.

Gravy is a sauce (made from meat drippings, thickened).

pennywise said:
...why some people call things that arent gravy, gravy.
Evolution, or devolution, of language. My friend's kid calls every type of meat in the house - chicken. "What kind of chicken is for dinner tonight, mom?".

ROFL on all this condiment,sause,gravy,dressing,ingredient,topping shit.

For real that shit is priceless. yall GOTTA be high.

But, thats the shit this threads for. what ya gonna do.

Far as Gravy?

cuz Were damn italians, thats how we do it.

No one else calls it that best beleive. ''It aint nothin but a guinea thang baby, these loc'ed out dagos goin crayyzay, we calls our tomato sauce graaavay, makes no sense so please dont try to question, but uh..."

LOL, anyways.

WELL....heres throwin ya a curveball.....why do they call ALCOHOL , SAUCE!??!! 8o uh oh, this shits gettin all confusing up in here. Especially cuz like, sometimes, they USE alcohol IN sauce! liek penne with vodka, or bourbon chicken! AAAHH! it will never end!

j/k

lacey k said:
Far as Gravy?

cuz Were damn italians, thats how we do it.
You no black no mo'? Jeez, lacey k, pick a peeps and stick wit dem, will ya!

;)

pennywise said:
no it doesnt explain the difference between sauce and dressing.

"sauce is a liquid served on or used in the preparation of food"

dressing could fit in there in place of sauce easily.

I also doesnt explain why some people call things that arent gravy, gravy.

dressing is only in regards to stuffing meats or on salads. srsly.

and just bc people mistakenly call shit gravy isn't my problem :D cause their idiots, that is why!

Yea suck one Alien. LOL dont bust on me yall are the ones who thought i was black, shit. ;)

Wtf

yeah, why is it called “hit’n the sauce”…. Lacey, Boo Boo kitty Captin Crunch and Much, you done got me stumped- shrugging shoulders

Hey you know?

I I
\ /

lacey k said:
Yea suck one Alien. LOL dont bust on me yall are the ones who thought i was black, shit. ;)
Actually, I was one of those who didn't. I think your avatar kind of gave it away. ;)

Come on, people, someone has to know this one. Where/when did they start using sauce as a synonym for liquor. I was under the impression that it was mainly an american term in that sense.

Why is it that most of the time in movies they never show the actors blowing OUT smoke? They almost never do with pot and I only see it with cigs occasionally. I always assumed it was cuz the actors didn;t want to smoke. But theyre actors for fucks sake, youd think they could take a few drags of a cigarette so it doesnt bother me in every movie. anyone know of another reason why they don't? Ratings restrictions or something?

^^tru, i noticed the same thing. who knows...lol @ "so it wouldnt bother me in every movie" hehehe.

I'd imagine after doing all the takes for a scene where ones smokes it would get old pretty fast.

DarthMom said:
dressing is only in regards to stuffing meats or on salads. srsly.

and just bc people mistakenly call shit gravy isn't my problem :D cause their idiots, that is why!

the problem with that though, is that salad dressing is still salad dressing even if you put it on things other than salad or "stuffing meats" (whatever that is). For example, I live in new brunswick, home of the "fat sandwich". They put salad dressing on all types of hot and cold subs, but its still called dressing. By your definition, shouldnt it be called "sauce" or something like that? Alot of people put salad dressing on other non-salad things as well, like chicken or hot pockets. My point is, that there are things that are called "dressings" but they are obviously intended to go on more than just salads. Hell, even the bottle of dressing has recipes for using the dressing for non-salad purposes. Plus, what if someone puts "gravy" or "sauce" on their salad? Does that mean it is no longer "sauce", but becomes "dressing" the moment it goes on a salad or "stuffing meat"?

What happens if you put gasoline on your salad, does it cease to be fuel? No, its just fuel that you put on a salad. In the same way I think you can put salad dressing on anything you want, (its good on grapes) but that doesn't change the fact that its salad dressing, it just means your a little weird.

no, I think the point is, does it become a dressing? If the definition of dressing is something that you add to a salad to enhance flavor, and you like gasoline, then it indeed becomes a dressing. My question is does sauce become dressing, unless all sauces are dressings, and all dressings are sauces. If they arent, then what makes them different besides the fact that they become one thing when they go on salad, and become another thing when they go on everything else, and why does there need to be a difference?

SillyAlien said:
Evolution, or devolution, of language. My friend's kid calls every type of meat in the house - chicken. "What kind of chicken is for dinner tonight, mom?".

come down to the south, where everything is "coke".

"whaddya wanna drink?"
"coke"
"what kind"
"sprite"

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.