• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
^He means that here in Aus, we actually "pull" the cone (all one hit), whereas yanks "toke" on it.

Personally i dont see the point of smoking a bong unless you pull it. We'll just leave it at americans are lightweights :)

lacey k said:
In cockney english and australaian apparently, they got this rhyming slang shit.

they take words that rhyme with other words, and replace the word they mean to say with the rhyming word or some shit. so yankee....yank. what rhymes with yank, septic tank. so they use the word seppo (septic) to replace yank.

i dont get how it works or why but thats their thing, for someone who talks as much slang as i do i cant criticize it even doe it sounds ghey to me. lol.

i'd never heard seppo until it was used in aus social recently, and even then there were numerous people asking what the hell it meant, so i'm not sure it's as widespread a term as the original poster thinks.

and agreed, it souds well ghey.

KemicalBurn said:
^He means that here in Aus, we actually "pull" the cone (all one hit), whereas yanks "toke" on it.

Personally i dont see the point of smoking a bong unless you pull it. We'll just leave it at americans are lightweights :)

because yalls bowls are smaller than the bowls we have here?

if you're packing a bowl properly and using a normal lighter, you shouldn't be able to smoke a whole bowl in one hit. Now if you pack a one hitter that's different. Are you sure you all fill it up with the same amount of weed?

they do mix tobaccy with it, but that would still be a lot in one hit.

elemenohpee said:
if you're packing a bowl properly and using a normal lighter, you shouldn't be able to smoke a whole bowl in one hit. Now if you pack a one hitter that's different. Are you sure you all fill it up with the same amount of weed?

LOL thats what im saying.

If the australian bowls were the same size as ours, theres no fuckin way you could cash it in one hit.

If you wanna tell me you can cash a bowl packed with 1 gram in ONE hit, CLEAN, (no resin, just straight white ash) then you got a enormous lung capacity #1, and #2, youre REALLY FUCKIN WASTIN WEED. lol.

Also, why the hell would you WANT to take a huge ass hit of half-tobacco? 8o (wish they had a smilie for "gross")

-=ReD-hAzE=- said:
Is it really bad to be holding in sneezes?

scientifically im not sure but physiologically I feel worse when I hold in my sneezes....it's like it festers inside me and I end up sneezing 100x more after 8(=D its HORRIBLE. Ps. I have hayfever and allergies.

elemenohpee said:

Werd. I call total bullshit on being able to pull an entire bowl in one hit. There is not chance they are the same size as the majority of bowls here in the States. I'm not even trying to brag, I just think it's a physical impossibility.

You'll blow out the back of your head if you do it too many times, I hear.

Looking at snopes..

You can't keep your eyes open when you sneeze. While it is impossible for most people to keep their peepers from shutting during the process, some rare folks are capable of it. (By the way, of those not physically wired that way, Muriel Simmons of the British Allergy Foundation said: "If you sneeze while driving at 70 mph, you will travel 300 feet with your eyes closed.")

If you did manage to sneeze with your eyes open, your eyes would pop out of your head. Er, no. As discussed above, some people do manage to sneeze with their eyes open, and they don't go blind from it. Human eyelids aren't particularly strong, certainly not nearly strong enough that when shut they prove capable of keeping eyes in their sockets.

It's possible to break a rib by sneezing. The jury is still out on this one, although we would suspect somewhere across all recorded history there must have been someone this happened to.

Holding a sneeze kills brain cells. It's possible, but we haven't yet found anything that supports this claim. However, halting a sneeze in progress by pinching your nose could result in the rupture of an eardrum, in that you are rerouting the force of the expulsion into the eustachian tube (which connects the back of the throat to the middle ear) and then to your eardrum.

Your heart stops when you sneeze. No, it neither stops nor pauses.
The final word on sneezing and sex goes to Dr. Mark McMahon, a San Francisco dentist who doubles as a standup comic, said: ''Sneezing is better than sex. It's a mini-instant orgasm. You keep your clothes on, you don't get involved, you can do it in public and when you're done, perfect strangers bless you."

Finder said:
Werd. I call total bullshit on being able to pull an entire bowl in one hit. There is not chance they are the same size as the majority of bowls here in the States. I'm not even trying to brag, I just think it's a physical impossibility.

that's what i was so uneloquently trying to say. as far as i know our cones are way smaller than your bowls.

and lacey - people mix all different amounts of tobacco in with their weed for a whole bunch of different reasons.

i generally use one cigarette per one gram as it drys out the mix and makes smoking smoother.

lol @ australians who think they have bigger smoking dicks than americans, try to flaunt it in our faces and then get SERVED...bitches...

read// my blunt is bigger than your blunt
and// my bong can beat up your bong

:p

crystalcallas said:
Yeah fuck I read the response to it and I still didnt get what the hell it means8(

You`d be surprised how much rhyming slang is popular in AUstralia.

It is confusing as the slang term is usually just the first word, the one that doesn`t rhyme, and often even this is shortened.

You understand the term seppo, I`m sure-

yank- septic tank- "seppo". EG. "those fucking seppos."

also-

speed (drug) - Lou Reed - "Louey". EG. " I just got a gram of louey"

smoke (pot)- artichoke- "arter". Eg. "come over whenever, and bring some arter"

some classics that aren`t really used by young people

tomato sauce (ketchup for seppos;)) - dead horse- "you got dead horse?"

salt - Harold Holt (dead Australian PM) - " pass the harry"

of course harry can also mean Heroin, but the same people would never use the same slang, so there`S no chance of any confusion:)

some others that are less common:

tenner (ten dollars) - ayrton senna - "an ayrton" or "a (dead) race car driver"
EG. "I`m going to the shop, you got an ayrton" or "you got a spare (dead) race care driver"

fiver (five dollars) - stuart diver (a guy known to AUstralians- google it) - " a stuey". EG "spare a stuey for a six pack?"

These are kind of rare, but "some" people do talk like this, particularly out bush pubs.

ALso some of my friends make up their own words, using the rhyming slang rules very loosely, like having a perve = "have an optic at that" (optic nerve), "going solo" as in doing something on your own- Han Solo, "I`m going fishing with hansie, do you want to come?", it just gets kind of silly after a while I must admit.:)

This is fascinating. Remind me never to go to Australia, because all I'll do is just sit there and listen to people talk... for days. :)

i thought that was just a cockney thing. never knew aussies used rhyming slang too.

SardonicNihilist said:
You`d be surprised how much rhyming slang is popular in AUstralia.

i wouldn't go so far as to say popular, i'm 23 and i've only ever heard of two of those slang terms and the only one i hear used often is seppo (and even then it's only on BL).

Status
Not open for further replies.