• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random questions thread - shit you wonder about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does my bank offer 4.5% for an 11 month CD and 3% for a 15 month CD?

lacey k said:
Yea and I would rather be myself "pooping on the english language" than have the condescending, snide, snotty, arrogant attitude towards other people that you have

agreed lacy, i really like your style of posting, i think it gives insight into your life in addition to whatever you're saying does. if everyone posted in flawless english i think it would be a lot duller around here.

...i was a little suprised that people could view something as non formal and non serious as a screen name, as a valid important grammar question...
to each their own but i still think if youre worried about offending someone cuz you did/didnt use a uppercase letter for their screen name you are a little too into the internet.

just in my defence, i was giving my reasons for why i was answering the original post that way, i'm not hard and fast on these rules by any stretch of the imagination :)

WHY THE FUCK do they make shower handles turn different ways to turn the water on and off!?! Every fuckin shower i been in is different.

Hot turns >>>>> to turn off, cold goes <<<<< to turn off
Hot turns >>>>> to turn off, cold goes >>>>> to turn off
Hot turns <<<<< to turn off, cold goes <<<<< to turn off
Hot turns <<<<< to turn off, cold goes >>>>> to turn off.

Ive seen all 4 of those different ways, and let me fuckin tell you when youre in a shower that you aint familiar with tryin to adjust the shit so its hotter or colder and you cant tell which one is doing what, sometimes it takes fuckin 5 minutes of trying each one each way just to turn the water off. especailly if youre hungover.

WHY THE HELL WOULDNT THEY JUST MAKE IT ALL THE SAME? like turn left for off and right for on or some shit. iunno.

Well if you stopped sleeping at so many different dudes houses, that would be less of a problem. :)

Can we mate now?

They do. My shower has 1 knob, the right most position is off, turn it counter clockwise to get from colder to hotter

The mnemonic-ish trick I use, which rarely fails is `clockwise closes`, `anti-clockwise opens`. WHat has begun to shit me is those single handle taps, where you move it left for cold, and right for hot, and (usually) up for `on` and down for `off`. It `s so hard to get a good temperature on those things, and what`s worse is when they switch the up and down functions around, so when you`ve finished you slam down the handle and water splashes out everywhere. The clockwise / anti-clockwise trick often causes me some long hard thinking when I am tightening, or loosening bolts, depending on the direction from which I am gripping the spanner. I wonder about that, and-

do spiders that jump (wolf spiders?) seriously have no silk glands- they don`t seem to spin webs, nor use a trail of silk to float down when dropped from high places?

two questions:

first, does terrestial radio pay for the rights to individual songs (and, if not, why do they play the same songs over and over again--even satellite radio seems to stick to a certain small [but bigger than terrestial radio's] list of songs)?

if hollywood actors agree to do an independent film, with a budget of--say--1 million. I imagine they are paid, but how does that pay translate if the film is picked up by a major distributor--do they get a redesigned contract, etc?

swybs

WacoWas AnAccident said:
Well if you stopped sleeping at so many different dudes houses, that would be less of a problem. :)

Pfft, if i really slept around liek that Id be so skanky that do you really think id be taking SHOWERS afterwards? lol.

Anyways,

The 'lefty loosey righty tighty" shit is SUPPOSED to be true for all faucets but it just dont work when it comes to showers. i dont get it. Sardonic nihilist, fuckin word. it just dont make sense.

newskin said:
Why does my bank offer 4.5% for an 11 month CD and 3% for a 15 month CD?

Maybe you have to have a larger amount of money in the CD to get the higher rate. Like you have to put in a minimum of $1000 for the 4.5% 11mo. CD and a minimum of $500 for the 3% 15mo. CD. I dunno, that's the only logical thing I could come up with.

Why do seppo's only smoke part of a cone(bowl for you seppos) and then pass it on?

but really, I do have two questions:

does terrestial radio pay for the rights to individual songs (and, if not, why do they play the same songs over and over again--even satellite radio seems to stick to a certain small [but bigger than terrestial radio's] list of songs)?

if hollywood actors agree to do an independent film, with a budget of--say--1 million. I imagine they are paid, but how does that pay translate if the film is picked up by a major distributor--do they get a redesigned contract, etc?

swybs

swybs said:
two questions:

first, does terrestial radio pay for the rights to individual songs (and, if not, why do they play the same songs over and over again--even satellite radio seems to stick to a certain small [but bigger than terrestial radio's] list of songs)?

swybs

No and no.

sillycybe said:
Rhyming Slang, Seppo-Septic tank-yank.
I guess you arent from Australia.

i still dont get what the fuck a seppo is...maybe you aussies should stop making up stupid words :p

sillycybe said:
Why do seppo's only smoke part of a cone(bowl for you seppos) and then pass it on?

Because youre sharing it?

Yall do that down there? Share?

here, if you aint heard of it:

You have something that you are going to let someone else have some of.

What, do yall jsut sit around, each olding a bowl, and smoke it to your head?

We share it, pass it around so everyone can hit out of it, then pack it again til everyones high.

In cockney english and australaian apparently, they got this rhyming slang shit.

they take words that rhyme with other words, and replace the word they mean to say with the rhyming word or some shit. so yankee....yank. what rhymes with yank, septic tank. so they use the word seppo (septic) to replace yank.

i dont get how it works or why but thats their thing, for someone who talks as much slang as i do i cant criticize it even doe it sounds ghey to me. lol.

Anyways i had a question i was wondering but now i forgot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.