• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Pursuing Total Samadhi

Bufo is by far the best shortcut I have encountered and everybody that I know who has had a bufo breakthrough and sustained the non-dual state agrees with me.
And this is?

I can show you Aghori Baba's smoking the same stuff where it has NO effect on them.

My Guru knows one Aghori Baba who did a huge dose and laughed, he turned around and said to the guy "So that is it? That is what you were talking about all this time?" and laughed at him.

I highly feel you have never met a proper Yogi.

Want me to drop you my number and we can chat in private?

I'm honestly sorry to burst your bubble but you really have no clue what you are on about.

These Naga, Nath and Aghori Yogis are something else, you are posting stuff which in reality isn't true.

I'm honestly NOT being an arse here but dealing with Western people is one thing, Proper Sanyasi, Sadhu, Baba's are something else my brother I promise you this.

It's taken me a while to accept also but I know these Yogis, they have done huge doses of 5-MeO and laughed at it.

If you are aware of Dakota Wint aka Dakota of Earth on YouTube feel 100% free to ask him what happened when Bhavani Baba smoked the 5-MeO-DMT and he will tell you himself.

The Aghori Sadhu he gave it to is my Guru's Guru. Like I said before what 99.999999% of Western people say is Kundalini isn't, it's just Prana moving around.

When you are talking about people who from being kids have been doing Jnana Yoga for hours each day they are at a level we will never understand, this is fact.

Neem Karoli Baba took nearly 1 gram of Sandoz acid back in the late 1960's and it hardly touched him, as I said before what I felt during a Kali Puja LITERALLY moved so fast it was quicker than you blink, it went up then down my spine it THREW me IN THE AIR around 2-3 foot, I had NO CONTROL of my body. I had to check my boxers to make sure human feces hadn't come out. I was tomato red in the face, shaking, hot, just about able to breathe and DEEPLY TERRIFIED.

I've done N,N DMT twice at 60-65mg each, I've done various doses of RC vendor 5-MeO-DMT from a well known Spanish vendor who the best of BL will know the site, smoked freebase MDPV that was 99.8% pure in HCl then removed from the base salt into that yellow / amber Crystals in a glass pipe, I smoked MDPV & 99.8% pure a-PVP for 8 days with no break etc etc.....

You cannot compare the subjects together, if you really think they are the same you have NO IDEA what you are on about I promise you that much. I've been there & done it.

Why you think I go to Hindu temples and talk to Aghori Yogis each day?
You have never felt Prana move correct in the body let alone anything else, I am 100% sure of this.

I've made posts on here which I welcome your feedback on, I was just the same till I got a fucking slap and I nearly CRIED from TERROR. I'm a man past 40 and it BROKE me like a little baby, I was terrified and I repeat I NEARLY CRIED IN TERROR.

Go figure my brother.

@Frog Dreams
Check message, I'm serious here.
If I'm offline just drop a message and I'll call you back so we can chat.

I Joke about on here but this is stuff I take very serious, if you want to learn I can introduce you to people who are very serious about this stuff, I've said before I know Nath and Aghori Baba's, I'm welcome to prove I'm NOT joking about here.

Zopiclone bandit said:
I can show you Aghori Baba's smoking the same stuff where it has NO effect on them.

My Guru knows one Aghori Baba who did a huge dose and laughed, he turned around and said to the guy "So that is it? That is what you were talking about all this time?" and laughed at him.

I highly feel you have never met a proper Yogi.

It probably had "no effect" because he was already sustaining non-dual?

I don't know anything about the man so anything I have to say is purely speculation.

I have seen people (who are not already in non-dual) have bufo and it do very little.

Not everyone breaks through. Not everybody enters non-dual. Of those who do, not everyone sustains it.

Maybe he is not in non dual and he didn't break through? I don't know.

My facilitator is fucking amazing. I am super happy with him as my guide / teacher. He studied in Brazil / Mexico for nearly 2 decades. I'm going to Mexico with him next year.

His approach is unique and his success rate is extremely high. He is very well respected.

I'm honestly sorry to burst your bubble but you really have no clue what you are on about.

You're not bursting anything.

Telling someone they have no clue is ego. You don't know what I know any more than I know what you know.

if you really think they are the same

I didn't say they were the same.

you have NO IDEA what you are on about

Again, ego.

You have never felt Prana move correct in the body let alone anything else, I am 100% sure of this.

Ego.

if you want to learn I can introduce you to people who are very serious about this stuff

No, thanks. I'm good.
No offence intended.

I don't want to form attachment to Hinduism or anything else.

Sure, send me the link.

Last edited:

I don't know anything about the man so anything I have to say is purely speculation.

I have seen people (who are not already in non-dual) have bufo and it do very little.

Not everyone breaks through. Not everybody enters non-dual. Of those who do, not everyone sustains it.

My facilitator is fucking amazing. I am super happy with him as my guide / teacher. He studied in Brazil / Mexico for nearly 2 decades. I'm going to Mexico with him next year.

His approach is unique and his success rate is extremely high. He is very well respected.

Telling someone they have no clue is ego. You don't know what I know any more than I know what you know.

Again, ego.

Ego.

No, thanks. I'm good.
No offence intended.

Sure, send me the link.
Ego is needed at a point, how can anyone express anything without Ego?

I felt the same when I was told stuff. NOT being an arse here as I'd not bother to reply at all my brother.

I can honestly see that spark in you, we are all a reflection of the Devine or we would be "dead"

Let me get some sleep and we can pick this up in a few hours, I can hunt down links etc.

Check that YouTube link on Modern Yoga as Rampuri was the first "white" man to be accepted into Juna Akhara!!!

I honestly see that curiosity spark in you, the wonder of the mind that some of us have.

Hara Hara Mahadev Baba-ji, Ram Ram.
❤️👍

Again, ego.

Ego.

No, thanks. I'm good.
No offence intended.

Sure, send me the link.
It's NOT Ego to say you have only felt Prana move & nothing else or you wouldn't be using drugs to express it.

The Electrical Snake is beyond any DMT smoked, a person who's smoked many doses of it & has done Jnana Yoga more than 30 years says the same.

I've never spoken to ANY Tantric or Jnana Yogi who's said they are the same.
Any DMT high is Maya too, this is hard to accept but it's True Baba-ji.

Hara Hara Mahadev.
Adesh, Jai Aghor ( I'm NOT a Nath btw, I just like their greeting.)

@Zopiclone bandit

It is ego to tell someone you don't know what they (don't) know... because - in reality - you don't know what they do / don't know, so the motivation for that statement must be some form of ego.

Perhaps it comes from insecurity / being threatened by what someone else might know. This is common.

People are often precious in this spiritual / medicine world because (sometimes) they invest so much time going down the wrong path and they cannot accept someone else getting there.

I don't know if that's what you're doing, but I've certainly run into that type.

There is an ayahuasca facilitator I know, for example, who hates bufo and gets seriously triggered when people say how wonderful it is and how much it has changed their life.

He has attachment to aya. He has attachment to Brazilian tradition.

Others are anti-drug and insist that the only true path is meditation.

The path is irrelevant. The destination is what's important.

I've spoken to people who say they would rather spend their entire lives meditating even if they ultimately fail to achieve full non-duality, rather than try the bufo path. That's attachment.

In order to get there and sustain it indefinitely, we need to have zero attachment.

That means: no attachment to religion (Western or otherwise), no attachment to Yogis, no attachment to meditation, no attachment to bufo, no attachment to ayahuasca, no attachment to Amanita Muscaria.

There are some things I still have to let go of.

Ego isn't needed at all. Ego is shame and fear and insecurity. Ego is shit.

You should be able to sit, calm, while someone screams abuse at you. There is no need for an ego reaction. That's what the (other) ego wants.

When you enter non-dual, other people (who are not in non-dual) will try to convince you that you're not there... because it is a threat to their ego.

They will try (desperately, sometimes) to put you back in an ego state.

If you recognize the nature of what they are doing, and not take the bait, it will make you stronger.

The enlightenment that can be told
is not the true enlightenment,
The name that can be named
is not the eternal name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
Is the gateway to all understanding.

So I let go of the word enlightenment. I could never figure out what that means. Knowledge?
Trying to describe "enlightenment" is like trying to paint an invisible object. You can outline it, you can maybe feel it, you can smell it, you can see how it effects the world around it, but you can never see it. Not in this earthly body you possess, it is intangible and unknowable. You might imagine it as something different compared to the next person.

The only way to see the true nature of the invisible is to become invisible yourself. To become nothing is to become everything.

The Way. The Tao.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Enlightenment is not knowledge, but an enlightened person is knowledgeable.
Enlightenment is not kindness, but an enlightened person is kind.

To me enlightenment can best be described as identification of the resonance of the universe, because once you understand the root vibration of all things, you can meld and become one with it. This primal vibration is the key to all doors. You become one with God, and if you become one with God, you do as God does. And God is infallible.

Ego is needed by the mind-body to survive. It is part and parcel with its functions, navigating the material world, creating bonds with other social beings, creating self-concepts that try to make sense of the world to support the mind-body while offsetting stress.

The difference between pre and post awakening is that during pre, consciousness attaches to the ego as real, as "the person", as the true self. But ego does not have the solutions to suffering because it is holographic, it comes and goes. It's there one minute and gone the next. It is like trying to anchor consciousness in a moving target. We do this naturally after we are born. Pure consciousness attaches to the mind-body out of ignorance and reflex, and then it becomes so real-seeming that the "person" is seen as the Source. Later, you can use knowledge and direct experience to see that consciousness is not dual, the mind-body arises from it, but it is not the mind-body. Again, there's nothing "wrong" with this. Most people live their whole lives believing they're this person, this body, this mind, etc. Then they die and dissolve into the Om anyway. However, if you really want to know the truth, then that's why I'm saying all this. You don't need to know it. Nobody needs to do anything. Nothing is right or wrong. But as I had a natural inclination to know, and it was shown to me through life events, that's why I have pursued this path of knowledge... of trying to put words to it (inadequately).

Post awakening, it becomes evident that the true "I" is not the ego that comes and goes, it is Satchitananda that is omnipresent. It is the real you, the real self. This may sound weird to say but once the Atman becomes apparent, you can watch the ego in motion. You can watch the mind-body do the ego "I" while the real I just sits perfectly still in peace and equanimity. The day to day functions persist yet pure consciousness is always the focus. It's like how a candle lights up a room. The room then becomes full of apparent objects to study, explore, react to, attach to, but the source of light remains constant. The light is unbothered. This is the Atman that lights up experience. Once you realize that you've been the Atman this whole time and not the activities of the mind-body, it's possible to be liberated from suffering. It doesn't mean suffering ends, it means that there is always part of you untouched by suffering, even if the body is in immense pain.

Obviously there are going to be moments when you attach to ego, especially when emotions get strong, but with adequate training you will snap out of it really fast. I am still vulnerable to attaching myself to anger, for example.

Nothing outwardly has to change pre and post awakening, but the internal worlds are like night and day.

Ego is not evil. It serves a function. But it isn't capable of understanding the truth of reality. Eventually, the ego can be trained to sort of cooperate with the knowledge of the truth, even though knowledge is not the direct experience. Ego cannot have the direct experience because ego isn't real. It is a hollow projection like the rest of Samsara. It has apparent realness, but it disappears and reappears all the time. The Atman doesn't. Ego cannot experience and directly know the Atman anymore than a character on a movie screen can understand the projector illuminating it. It does what it does in the so-called "karmic world" of action and consequence. It's like a program, a piece of software... it executes, opens and does all sorts of things, then it closes again. The Atman is present in the before, during and after. Even the strongest spiritual ego with knowledge of all the sacred texts, practices and methods is still just an ego. It will disappear at any given moment (i.e. going to sleep at night). But pure consciousness is always there.

Last edited:
@Snafu in the Void

Yeah, definitely, there are things beyond words... and enlightenment is one of them.

Words can maybe give you a glimpse but they can also send you in the wrong direction. This is the problem with religion. The Bible is the most misinterpreted text of all time.

Everything might be beyond words, actually. But you can get closer to accurately describing a flower than you can accurately describing God.

You can describe - to some extent, anyway - what enlightenment feels like but that only scratches the surface.

@Foreigner

Great explanation.

I suspect I'm using a slightly different version of ego than you. I don't see why it is necessary. I go in and out of non-dual for convenience sake, because I exist in an ego world and maybe it is difficult to exist in that world if you are in full non-dual all the time. Maybe not. My time spent in that state are the best moments of my life... but I am not in full non-dual most of the time.

It is best, I think, to have as little ego as possible.

Maybe you do need some.

But, you're right, ego is not our true selves. I only ever discovered my true self after rebirth. Ego is a barrier between how you identify (as yourself) and your true self.

The true state is love. It has no shame or anger or fear.

@Snafu in the Void

Yeah, definitely, there are things beyond words... and enlightenment is one of them.

Words can maybe give you a glimpse but they can also send you in the wrong direction. This is the problem with religion. The Bible is the most misinterpreted text of all time.

Everything might be beyond words, actually. But you can get closer to accurately describing a flower than you can accurately describing God.

You can describe - to some extent, anyway - what enlightenment feels like but that only scratches the surface.

@Foreigner

Great explanation.

I suspect I'm using a slightly different version of ego than you. I don't see why it is necessary. I go in and out of non-dual for convenience sake, because I exist in an ego world and maybe it is difficult to exist in that world if you are in full non-dual all the time. Maybe not. My time spent in that state are the best moments of my life... but I am not in full non-dual most of the time.

It is best, I think, to have as little ego as possible.

Maybe you do need some.

But, you're right, ego is not our true selves. I only ever discovered my true self after rebirth. Ego is a barrier between how you identify (as yourself) and your true self.

The true state is love. It has no shame or anger or fear.

With time, it seems that ego just goes quiet altogether. Maybe that's what enlightenment really is... just living as the Atman, like when you were first born and still ignorant, except now there is wisdom. My ego is very persistent, but I see it as a reflex. Often when I am alone not interacting with anybody, I'm just Satchitananda. When I'm out in the world and people talk to me, my social personality engages and it's more difficult. I find the egos of other people very triggering of more ego.

I strive for just being non-dual consciousness in the world, such that when I refer to "I" I am referring to that, which is just the real self. It's getting better and better as the years go on. It is the ultimate refuge because it can't be hurt or affected by anything, yet it is loving, blissful and at peace.

Obviously I am using dualistic language here, but I hope my words land somewhere in you. It's hard because we don't have separate words for these things. 99.9% of the time when people say I/me/myself they are referring to the mind-body ego. There are rare people you come across, whose presence conveys that they are referring to the Satchitananda "I" but you can't exactly talk about it because language can't pinpoint it.

Foreigner said:
When I'm out in the world and people talk to me, my social personality engages and it's more difficult. I find the egos of other people very triggering of more ego.

That's definitely a big challenge.

I completely understand what you mean.

my social personality engages

Do you think - perhaps - you have some attachment to the "social" you? Like, you don't want to let go of that part?

I'm not a very social person. I'm not a people pleaser. So, that's less of a problem for me... but it's definitely a challenge.

I think - to sustain it fully, all the time - I need to sacrifice everything.

The one thing I will not sacrifice is my relationship with my daughter, but I love interacting with her in non-dual.

Children don't pose nearly as big a challenge as adults (if at all) but she won't be a child forever.

knew two people who went nuts from kundalini. Kundalini also fucked me up, the real stuff is super powerful and damaged me when i was 17. One guy became a diagnosed shcizophernic after kundalini that i knew. We all did it without gurus following some satanic cult on the internet lol. Wrong way we got smacked.

Shit was powerful more powerful than drugs.

@TripSitterNZ

It is very powerful.

I started drinking heavily after my first ceremony because I was no longer afraid of drinking and no longer addicted to it.

For the first time in years, alcohol was amazing again.

Everything is amazing after you reset. Cartoons. The sky. Beetles.

Zero fear is potentially dangerous in many ways.

There are new ego challenges that pop up after you shatter your ego. In that egoless state, it rebuilds in a different way if you aren't careful.

I now try to audit every thought in real time because there are so many pitfalls in life that will cause me to slip backwards.

I have become an extremely strange person. When I'm deep in non-dual, I'm beyond eccentric. I want to fuck everyone, for example. I want to shed all material possessions and go live in the rainforest. These are thoughts I have to manage, because I am a father. My daughter keeps me anchored and prevents me from destroying myself.

At first the transition from ego to non-dual was like an avalanche. That's how I described it. It was terrifying. I felt myself slipping away and I couldn't stop it. I'd gone beyond the point of no return. But, still, ego tried to stop it.

In the end, I just accepted it.

I'm going to have a funeral for the old me next week.

knew two people who went nuts from kundalini. Kundalini also fucked me up, the real stuff is super powerful and damaged me when i was 17. One guy became a diagnosed shcizophernic after kundalini that i knew. We all did it without gurus following some satanic cult on the internet lol. Wrong way we got smacked.

Shit was powerful more powerful than drugs.

I was a kundalini junky in my late 20s. I would make it happen at will. It never occurred to me that there was a biophysical component like neurodepletion. It's like I blew my cosmic wad before I was even 30 and it's been downhill ever since lolol.

@TripSitterNZ

It is very powerful.

I started drinking heavily after my first ceremony because I was no longer afraid of drinking and no longer addicted to it.

For the first time in years, alcohol was amazing again.

Everything is amazing after you reset. Cartoons. The sky. Beetles.

I've been curious to try it for many years, but I wonder if it would be redundant at this point. Anytime I do drugs now, the high feels phony, like I can see right through it, even though it's pleasant. Last time I did MDMA, which was over a year ago, the friend I was with was like WOW my heart feels so open and loving, it's crazy! And for me, I thought the MDMA wasn't working, then I realized it's because my heart centre opens with ease and I'm used to living that way.

Zero fear is potentially dangerous in many ways.

There are new ego challenges that pop up after you shatter your ego. In that egoless state, it rebuilds in a different way if you aren't careful.

I now try to audit every thought in real time because there are so many pitfalls in life that will cause me to slip backwards.

I have become an extremely strange person. When I'm deep in non-dual, I'm beyond eccentric. I want to fuck everyone, for example. I want to shed all material possessions and go live in the rainforest. These are thoughts I have to manage, because I am a father. My daughter keeps me anchored and prevents me from destroying myself.

At first the transition from ego to non-dual was like an avalanche. That's how I described it. It was terrifying. I felt myself slipping away and I couldn't stop it. I'd gone beyond the point of no return. But, still, ego tried to stop it.

In the end, I just accepted it.

I'm going to have a funeral for the old me next week.

Same thing happened to me, and still happens. I can sit in my home and do nothing, and not tend to the activities of life. They don't interest me anymore. It took me a long time to get re-engaged with the so-called material world, the root chakra, after the early days. The biggest difficulty was that constructed meaning didn't work on me anymore. Yes, the obvious things dissolved... like career pursuits, family structures, various other attachments. Those are a given. But "the person" still wants to achieve, yet no carrot could motivate me. It's not because I was depressed, but because it was phony. I went through a big existential period, where no invented meaning worked. Then I realized that everything is just love, the love of reality, and love is connection, it is home, it is being found. The actions I take now seem to be service oriented, like aiming to become an MD. I don't "need" to do it, it's not exactly a career aspiration, but it feels like being of help. If we are made of pure love, then love is all there is to do. Maybe that's why the non-dual triggers sex for you... because sex is the closest thing the physical body can experience to the blissful unity of the Beloved.

Awake people still take action in the apparent world, but it's different. It's like the mind-body still does what it does, but nobody is doing it. The consciousness illuminating the vehicle no longer identifies with it. I imagine this must be what it's like to be other life forms, like ants or mice. They do stuff but they are empty most of the time. I was observing a spider in its web while I was in the shower this morning. It has been sitting in exact same position for days. I imagine that it must not be thinking, it must just be empty. No wonder we might appear eccentric or insane to people.

This might sound dualistic, but I think it's important to come back down to earth and show loving care to the mind-body, to not slip away completely. There is a being here that needs tending to -- a human level self. It is imperfect and doesn't understand a lot but it doesn't deserve to be totally forgotten. You can return to your life. The difference will just be that you know who/what the real you is.

If I had to define enlightenment, which is a problematic word, I would say that it's a person who has no objects in their consciousness, ever, 24/7.

Last edited:
Foreigner said:
I've been curious to try it for many years, but I wonder if it would be redundant at this point. Anytime I do drugs now, the high feels phony, like I can see right through it, even though it's pleasant. Last time I did MDMA, which was over a year ago, the friend I was with was like WOW my heart feels so open and loving, it's crazy! And for me, I thought the MDMA wasn't working, then I realized it's because my heart centre opens with ease and I'm used to living that way.

I am the same, more or less. I can consume an extraordinary amount of LSD/shrooms/etc and be perfectly calm while other people are rolling around on the floor like lunatics.

5-meo-DMT (for me) is another level. I highly suggest you try it. You've got nothing to lose.

I can get very deep into the non-dual state with LSD or while sober, but 5-meo-DMT skyrockets me there and it takes me MUCH deeper.

It is an extremely useful tool.

I would trade every drug I've ever consumed for one breakthrough dose of bufo.

Going to ceremony tomorrow. I'm so fucking excited. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Same thing happened to me, and still happens. I can sit in my home and do nothing, and not tend to the activities of life. They don't interest me anymore. It took me a long time to get re-engaged with the so-called material world, the root chakra, after the early days. The biggest difficulty was that constructed meaning didn't work on me anymore. Yes, the obvious things dissolved... like career pursuits, family structures, various other attachments. Those are a given. But "the person" still wants to achieve, yet no carrot can motivate me. It's not because I was depressed, but because it was phony. I went through a big existential period, where no invented meaning worked. Then I realized that everything is just love, the love of reality, and love is connection, it is home, it is being found. The actions I take now seem to be service oriented, like aiming to become an MD. I don't "need" to do it, it's not exactly a career aspiration, but it feels like being of help. If we are made of pure love, then love is all there is to do. Maybe that's why the non-dual triggers sex for you... because sex is the closest thing the physical body can experience to the blissful unity of the Beloved.

That is the best thing I've read from you yet and I love a lot of your posts. I can relate so much. It helped me to read it. I could actually physically feel it, while I read it, like a wave going up my spine. I'm all tingly now.

I have become utterly disinterested in money. It means nothing to me. So much so, that it is threatening my relationship... because my wife still thinks in terms of material possessions. But - like you - I've realized I need to operate in the real world. I need to keep one foot in the door. My daughter has helped so much to anchor me to the ego world. Without her (and without my relationship) I would have gone fucking wild.

What you said about sex is interesting. I have little to no interest in pornography anymore. Sex is different now. Much more loving. I actually like the connection more then the sensation. I don't even have to ejaculate. I like the closeness. The warmth of another human being pressed up against me. Sex has become almost a spiritual thing for me. I now prefer to masturbate without pornography also and feel the connection to my own body. It's so much better than looking at a screen / magazine. Particularly if I'm watching gay porn. Doesn't make much sense to me any more since I've got a perfectly good dick in my hand.

When I discovered sexuality as a child, masturbation was exciting. I didn't have porn then. That's sort of what it feels like again, but much better.

Last edited:
"On the face of it, there is something rather strange about human psychology. Human beings live in a state of mind called "sanity", on a small planet in space. They are not quite sure whether the space around them in infinite or not, either way it is rather unthinkable. If they think about time they find it is inconceivable that it had beginning, but it is also inconceivable that it did not have a beginning. Thoughts of this kind do not disturb their sanity, which is obviously a remarkable phenomenon that deserves more recognition.

The perception that existence exists invalidates the normal personality, as does the imminence of death. Now if you see it is inconceivable that anything should exist, it is evident that at least one inconceivable fact is there. That is to say: that which exists is not limited to the conceivable.

Since the inconceivable is there, it is impossible to set any limit to the quantity to inconceivableness, which may be present in the situation. Now were the existence of anything consistently to remind you to the fact of inconceivability, since it is impossible to live without interacting with a large number of existing things, it would be impossible for you to feel in the same way about the conceivable. If anyone were reminded of the inconceivable by the fact it it exists at all constantly, he would sooner or later have the perception that there may be inconceivable considerations which are more inconceivably more important than any conceivable consideration could be.

Now if you do have a perception of any inconceivable consideration, it may be utterly invalidated by some other consideration which you do not know, and if you are reminded of this perception constantly by the fact that things exist, certain modifications take place in the way you feel about things. These modifications have not taken place in the psychology of most people.

[...]

The starting point if one is interested in the universe, one observes that one is finite and that this is intolerable. One has a limited time, and apparently limited capacities, with which to figure anything out. Therefor, it is possible to despair. There are many orders of despair, and none of them are known to normal psychology. This is demonstrated by the fact that it has not become existential. Normal psychology will never devalue anything.

Existential psychology, at least to a certain point, consists of exploiting the recoil from the despair of finiteness. The recoil is a drive with at least the instinctive immediacy of the survival instinct. There is no point in saying "What is there to do?", "What could such a drive possibly tend towards?".

The survival instinct tends to prolong life. The fundamental drive tends to inform itself about the universe."

-Celia Green