• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Pursuing Total Samadhi

I deeply regret having shared this. I don't know what your guys problem is. Jealously? Ignorance? Anyways, good luck in your path. I´m so done here. Go have fun with your thought stories of 'everything is already Truth'. Jesus Christ.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people who claim spiritual advancement / awareness go off like a rocket as soon as their ideas are even lightly challenged, lmfao

I've seen it 3 times on this very site just this week. Wild.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people who claim spiritual advancement / awareness go off like a rocket as soon as their ideas are even lightly challenged, lmfao

In this thread too. Being insulted usually involves the ego. And I would think the topic is the total opposite of ego where patience, acceptance, and open minds are needed. I struggle with that too. As I have mentioned I am just a lowly human trying to understand this stuff. So I get it with becoming impatient when the topic gets derailed.

I have always been fascinated with Samadhi. The best description I can get is in Swami Vivekananda book Raja Yoga. I trust that. Now if someone looks up Samadhi in the skeptics literature they will get a different take on it of course. And because it is a subjective topic both definitions are correct. And objective observance would be to watch someone, a yogi, sit and watch his breathing and heart stop as people looking on can and would confirm.

I also agree while it takes many years of practice, Nature knew humans were impatient so it gave them a glimpse of this stuff through natural psychedelics. Nothing hurts the head more than telling someone they must sit for hours every day for 30 years to even come close. Well welcome to 2023. Most of us can't get 15 minutes. But there are many paths. So to me there are no exclusivity clauses with this stuff.

From the page wiki Anandamayi Ma page:

"Everyone is right from his own standpoint,". She did not give formal initiations and refused to be called a guru, as she maintained that "all paths are my paths" and "I have no particular path."

Last edited:
I definitely hear you zopibandit..

Fasting, and then getting your diet grounded to the point you are consuming real vegetables & fruit prepared from your own garden or say if you left to India to pursue, I believe there is a lot of real worth in eating food prepared from that communities culture.

but anyway if you haven't already, check out the Tibetan book of the dead(a guide for the living), seeking any sort of spiritual experience or enlightenment because you fancy what you experienced(in your case not really an experience but complete dissolution, is already an ego play because you enjoyed it. You should practice not giving in to any attraction.

Hard to explain and yeah I don't know it all but I do know what I have read from that book and helped me through difficult or "bad trips" and even helped me achieve my first experience of the dissolution of ego or ego loss. But even this you should not give it the time of day. And I believe this how one can ascend further or else it's just another ego play and no further achievement.

Or I am completely way off and Iapologize, I am willing to hear criticism and learn more because like I said I am not Buddhist monk nor Hindu I am just going off this Tibetan book that I considered a treasure in my teens while going through high dose trips.

Sustaining a state of Samadhi while still alive is a near impossible task, because as long as we live we must differentiate ourselves from the rest of the rest of the universe in order to survive. It is important that one knows that Samadhi exists and one knows how to reach that state so that when we finally are released from the prison of our bodies we can become one with the universe and not return to this physical state through rebirth.

Sustaining a state of Samadhi while still alive is a near impossible task, because as long as we live we must differentiate ourselves from the rest of the rest of the universe in order to survive. It is important that one knows that Samadhi exists and one knows how to reach that state so that when we finally are released from the prison of our bodies we can become one with the universe and not return to this physical state through rebirth.

What if we want to come back? Life’s brutal but unending love and bliss sounds like it could get boring after awhile.

-GC

This goes against the Ch’an or Zen Buddhist philosophical founders. Reference: 6-7th Century Tang Dynasty Buddhism, Diamond Sutras and Platform sutras.
And that is because in Zen you are trying to go "Through The Gate" or whatever the term is in Zen.

In Janaa Yoga & in some aspects Trika Shaivism / Kashmir Shaivism you are going after Kundalini which is TOTALLY different.

Bagseed said:
One thing to note is that you seem very fixated on this idea of enlightenment (if one can call it that?), it is a common theme among seekers that what they think is a pursuit of that is just another delusion of grandeur their ego plays on them, just something to watch out for.

It (the state) isn't a delusion. It's very real.
*Not sure if I misunderstood your sentence.

TripSitterNZ said:
the trick is to realize there is no journey or quest to achieve or seek

Foreigner said:
The problem with seeking it attempting to do so is dualistic... This realization is about a shift of perspective

I guess people are seeking the ability to shift their perspective?

Foreigner said:
Yes, drugs are too. The problem is that drugs are experiential and the truth does not really reside in the world of experiences. You just end up attributing what is real to an experience that you end up chasing over and over, instead of recognizing the essential thing within the experience that is actually omnipresent in every second of what you call your life.

I can “achieve” it (the shift in perspective) without drugs but I first achieved it with drugs.

I don't think I'd be able to achieve it without, if I hadn't initially achieved it with.

As usual, I like what you have to say on the subject.

I do, however, wonder why people object to the word enlightenment only to go on and use Indian terminology. Not sure I really see the difference?

You can use the word enlightenment (which is imperfect) or you can use the word samadhi (which is imperfect) without attachment to either term. They are just words. Men are just men.

Zopiclone bandit said:
Sorry to break it to you but that was Acid & NOT "You" doing it.

Disagree. That's duality.

I've gotten there with Amanita Muscaria, 5-meo-DMT and LSD.

I've also gotten there sober.

Without the person, the drug does nothing.

It is more the person than the drug, not the other way round.

I've seen countless people consume the same thing as me and not get there.

Snafu in the Void said:
I wonder how similar this concept is to the Native American tradition of young men going on a "vision quest". While a vision quest isn't similar to meditation in a traditional sense, well I guess in a way it is, it is a journey to achieve a form of enlightenment and spiritual connection with the universe.

Usually a vision quest involves a young man who intentionally separates himself from the tribe and purposefully goes without food or water until they are on the brink of death. Then their "spirit guide", usually in the form of an animal, presents themself to the man. This becomes their spirit animal. Only then can they return back to their tribe.

Doesn't sound like it at all, to me.

Zopiclone bandit said:
Total Samadhi would mean the total removal of the Ego, you don't come back. To get even close takes decades of hard practice from a master Yogi.

JackARoe said:
I also agree while it takes many years of practice, Nature knew humans were impatient so it gave them a glimpse of this stuff through natural psychedelics. Nothing hurts the head more than telling someone they must sit for hours every day for 30 years to even come close.

Believing it takes decades is blockage. It can happen right now as you read this sentence. You are (potentially) delaying it by believing it takes x amount of years.

Remove attachment to all notions.

ageingpartyfiend said:

It's funny but it makes sense. The ego comes back stronger after we achieve this state, because it is threatened by complete ego death.

Cheshire_Kat said:
Sustaining a state of Samadhi while still alive is a near impossible task, because as long as we live we must differentiate ourselves from the rest of the rest of the universe in order to survive.

I'm not sure about this. Not sure if I want to sustain it indefinitely. I go in and out. I chose to go in and I chose to come out.

Why must we differentiate ourselves in order to survive?

I think, perhaps, people interpret non-duality too literally.

You can eat a piece of fruit while completely understanding the connection between yourself and the fruit. You can love others and yourself equally.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I haven't settled on an answer to this one.

It's definitely near impossible to function in society. I would be (by most accounts) a bad father if I was in that state permanently... because people demand duality. My wife wants me to love her more than I love everyone else. My daughter wants the same. Family is attachment. Everything is attachment.

G_Chem said:
unending love and bliss sounds like it could get boring after awhile

Boring is ego... but, God wants ego in the same way that we want egolessness. Hence, the constant cycle of death and rebirth.

I re-read my longer post in this thread and I think I could simplify it all with the following.

The peak experience that you owe to LSD, you can only recognize it because it is an experience that mirrors the truth of reality that you are already made of, which is pure consciousness, or Satchitananda (existence-consciousness-bliss).

So when the trip is over and you say, damn, that felt like the truth, I need to go do more LSD, you are misattributing the truth with the LSD experience, instead of seeing that the experience was close in resonance to truth of reality of who/what you are.

Another example is... spiritual seeking. People seek the ultimate truth, they want to find it. But how can they even recognize the thing they're looking for, unless somewhere in them is something capable of recognizing it? How do you decide, AHA THIS IS IT and have the epiphany? The answer is that the truth is already in you. As cliche as that sounds, it is the truth.

It's like going to the theatre to watch a movie, and the movie is so profound that it awakens something in you. You leave the theatre, saying wow, that was epic! I really need to go see that movie again! But you never ask yourself... who is the one that recognized the profundity? Who is the one that knows this truth, which informs the ego (the mind-body) that the movie was epic? Most people conclude it was all the movie, so they go back to watch the movie over and over again, hoping to catch that fleeting moment of AHA! But the AHA is you, not the movie.

Your whole life is that way. It is all being attributed to "out there" or what your mind tells you. And I'm not saying that's wrong either. If you want to take the world at face value and go full on into it, and completely own it as your constructed narrative, then all the power to you. But in this thread, we are asking about the truth of reality, and that's all I am talking about. You can do what you want with the info. There is no right/wrong.

And the "truth" is not a piece of information to be obtained. It is not an experience. It is not something you know and then forget. It is who you actually are, right now, in pure awareness, once you roll back the narratives of the mind-body, the personality, the so-called ego that projects from the mind.

This is why I'm tired of "spiritual experiences." They come and go. They are only "spiritual" because I recognize myself in them, which I can do right now as I type this, without having to go do LSD to find it.

You don't need to find who/what you really are. It's here now. It's not enlightenment or whatever, forget that word, those terms are all mind. You are the consciousness that is aware and pure, with no memory, with no agenda, with nowhere to go and doesn't need to be anything. It is pure rest, peace and bliss. It is non-dual and not found in language, ideas, experiences, anything.

And the cool thing is, all of apparent reality, the world of "things," is made up the exact same thing. But that's step 2. Step 1 is realizing that you are this consciousness.

Last edited:
@Foreigner

There is a state that I have sustained after 5-meo-DMT ceremonies and high doses of Amanita Muscaria. I sustain it long after the drug has been removed from my system.

I don't associate it with the drug. Like meditation, drugs can help to get you to that state.

As for how do you know when it happens... it is obviously and wildly different from "normal" states of consciousness that people experience.

There is a video (I will find it and post it when I have time) of a Buddhist monk smoking 5-meo-DMT. He has spent his entire life meditating / seeking. When he smokes it, he screams "THIS IS IT!"

It is a state of unconditional love and connectedness to everything. There is zero fear and zero shame. It is extraordinary.

I can get deep into that state without bufo, but it's more difficult than with very powerful entheogens. You don't NEED 5-meo-DMT to show you the way, but lots of people spend their entire lives devoted to meditation and Buddhism / Hinduism and never achieve it.

Certain drugs provide a shortcut, but whoever consumes the medicine needs to be willing to let go of everything. For most people (everyone?) it takes time to get to that point because we have so much baggage and so much attachment.

Bufo is by far the best shortcut I have encountered and everybody that I know who has had a bufo breakthrough and sustained the non-dual state agrees with me.

Not everybody gets there. My facilitator, for example, loses the state as the effect of the drugs wear off.

@Foreigner

There is a state that I have sustained after 5-meo-DMT ceremonies and high doses of Amanita Muscaria. I sustain it long after the drug has been removed from my system.

I don't associate it with the drug. Like meditation, drugs can help to get you to that state.

As for how do you know when it happens... it is obviously and wildly different from "normal" states of consciousness that people experience.

There is a video (I will find it and post it when I have time) of a Buddhist monk smoking 5-meo-DMT. He has spent his entire life meditating / seeking. When he smokes it, he screams "THIS IS IT!"

It is a state of unconditional love and connectedness to everything. There is zero fear and zero shame. It is extraordinary.

I can get deep into that state without bufo, but it's more difficult than with very powerful entheogens. You don't NEED 5-meo-DMT to show you the way, but lots of people spend their entire lives devoted to meditation and Buddhism / Hinduism and never achieve it.

Certain drugs provide a shortcut, but whoever consumes the medicine needs to be willing to let go of everything. For most people (everyone?) it takes time to get to that point because we have so much baggage and so much attachment.

Bufo is by far the best shortcut I have encountered and everybody that I know who has had a bufo breakthrough and sustained the non-dual state agrees with me.

Not everybody gets there. My facilitator, for example, loses the state as the effect of the drugs wear off.

If you are "there" all the time then why do you keep doing the drugs?

My impression of people who do these ceremonies over and over is that they are not attempting to use the drug state to construct the inner technology that will help them bring these states into their every day lives. (Non-duality isn't a state, words are clumsy.) They are still stuck in the duality of ceremony vs. default reality.

I think drugs show you what is possible but if you can't get there on your own after years and years then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Like... if the ceremonies are not teaching you the methods to see through Samsara on the regular, then you are basically relying on a chemical to generate an experience that seems like Samadhi but actually isn't. This state is called the bliss sheath. At the end of the day it's just another experience that comes and goes in an ephemeral way, but it is so close in resonance to non-dual reality that you think you're "there." Then the experience ends and you're "not there" anymore. That's because true non-duality isn't experienced, it is the reality that illuminates the experience. This subtle but important nuance is probably the most difficult part of realization.

If you can't see it while you make your breakfast, go for a walk, or do the day to day things, then you might be experiencing the bliss sheath while you're on the drug. I agree that standard religious practices don't always deliver and people can spend decades spinning their wheels. On the other hand, drugs create a lot of false realizations and layers of spiritual ego that masquerade as realization, so although they are more powerful than standard meditation, they have other kinds of possible pitfalls.

Remember, non-dual reality is you, it's not an experience. If that realization doesn't transfer to sobriety then I think more work needs to be done. Sounds like you're on the right track though?

Last edited:
I'm not there all the time. I choose to return to ego. I go back and forth. I'm not stuck in ceremony. My intention is to stop ceremony at some point, but it is something I love and part of it is the therapy aspect. My facilitator has helped me process a lot of trauma. Things I've never talked to anyone about. Ceremony isn't only about drugs. It's about being vulnerable in front of others. It is group therapy. Etc.

I am taking note of what takes me backwards and what takes me forwards. Inducing the "state" with ceremony allows me to observe the effect that my actions have.

The things that have taken me backwards most significantly - in no particular order - are:

1. MDMA
2. A particularly high dose of marijuana that induced fear
3. High stress situations
4. An extremely bad case of COVID-19 that induced fear

Foreigner said:
I think drugs show you what is possible but if you can't get there on your own after years and years then you are barking up the wrong tree.

First of all, it hasn't been years. My first bufo ceremony was in July of this year. I achieved the state (and sustained it for a brief time) about 11 years ago with Amanita Muscaria, but I didn't know what it was.

Secondly, as I stated in post #28 I can achieve it sober. I do this via meditation.

you are basically relying on a chemical to generate an experience that seems like Samadhi

No, I'm not doing that.

That's because true non-duality isn't experienced

I have absolutely experienced true non-duality.

If you can't see it while you make your breakfast, go for a walk, or do the day to day things

I can.

Remember, non-dual reality is you, it's not an experience.

It is the experience of truly being "myself" without all the layers of ego.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you.

There is a difference between understanding the state intellectually and experiencing it.

Words, like you say, are clumsy. There are no words to describe something fundamentally ineffable. You can say it's not an experience, but I have "experienced" it. It being the lack of ego.

When I say this to people (lack of ego) they say "oh yeah, I've had ego loss/death". I've experienced ego death from psychedelics many times. Non-duality is something else. It is utterly extraordinary.

I have no attachment to any of these words. I'm just communicating (imperfectly).

In terms of drugs, the non-dual state is better than all drugs. It's relatively new to me. When I induced it 11 years ago, I wasn't anywhere near a place in my life where I could sustain it or understand it.

Now, I take drugs and I think "what is the point?"

Since doing ceremony, I have quit amphetamines permanently. The desire is not there.

Also - for the first time in my adult life - I don't really want/like marijuana. It is a messy headspace that pales in comparison to non-duality.

I had a false association in my brain that psychedelic drugs were needed to achieve the state (for me) then I achieved it without them. Now, I realize.

Like I said in the non-dual thread, your wisdom helped me get there. I appreciate your guidance.

I don't want to ever do any drugs except for psychedelics because other drugs take me out of the state and the state is better than any high.

Last edited:
@HumanityIsTheDevil

Yeah but maybe society needs non-dual people?
We can't help anyone if we run away to the mountains.

It is hard to help, though... Bizarrely, I am yet to convince any of my friends to try 5-meo-DMT. I tell them it's the best thing in the universe. It has changed my life. Improved my relationship with everyone. I love everything and everyone now. 2023 is by far the best year of my life, by far. I had 7 days in a row where every day replaced the last day as the best day of my life. I can taste food now. REALLY taste it. I can really hear music. I can truly lose myself in art.

I don't know if people don't believe what I'm saying or if they're scared. It's really odd.

My wife has witnessed a massive transformation and she won't do it either... but she doesn't do drugs.

When I first had bufo and achieved a sustained state of non-duality, I was on a mission to save the world. But, I am starting to realize that is futile and maybe the world doesn't need saving. That comes from fear. Fear of social collapse. Fear of climate change. Perhaps I should just practice acceptance and not concern myself with waking up others.

It's hard not to because I love everyone and non-duality is infinitely better than duality. It is so joyful. Everything is fucking amazing all the time. It's actually overwhelming at first how much joy there is because we're all so miserable (by comparison) all the time.

There are so many drugs these days, it's hard to convince people on BL how great bufo truly is. I'm just one guy. Lots of people say meth is great. It isn't. Lots of people say opioids are great. They aren't.

I get why people don't believe me, it's just weird.

The popularity of 5-meo-DMT is growing.

It can transform people. It can turn conservatives into hippies. It is the key (IMO) to the 2nd psychedelic revolution... but I'm not going to stress about that revolution not happening. I want it to happen, but I shouldn't want.

The whole rebirth / non-dual thing is so strange.

I suspect that the popularity of bufo will explode and a large percent of the population will wake up. It's not my responsibility to facilitate that change. If it is meant to happen, it will.

It strikes me as beyond coincidence that bufo is emerging at this time, when the planet is dying and psychedelics are being legalized.

If we had another 1960's with bufo instead of acid, the world would never be the same again.

people are quite content

I don't think they are.

Last edited:
HumanityIsTheDevil said:
Who are you to tell them they aren't? Seems pretty arrogant to me.

I'm not telling them anything.

This is what I believe. I'm telling you what I believe in the context of dicussion.

Said belief is based on how miserable I was (relative to now) prior to achieving this state.

There is no arrogance, but I understand how it might of come across like that.

I see my former self in people all the time, now.

I had no idea how miserable I was.

I want everyone to have 5-meo-DMT. I want everyone to wake up.

It's not coming from a negative place when I say people are miserable.

I want them to wake up because I want to help them.

I don't want to be special.

My motivation is love.

Addiction has helped me also.

So has sinning. Very much so.

A favourite saying of mine is: God loves a sinner.

With ego loss, the bigger they are the harder they fall. I truly believe that.

Sin makes you examine the nature of good and evil. It forces you to face yourself.

I have personally witnessed half a dozen or so people have mild reactions from bufo.

The drug, alone, is not enough. You also have to do the work.

One thing to note is that you seem very fixated on this idea of enlightenment (if one can call it that?), it is a common theme among seekers that what they think is a pursuit of that is just another delusion of grandeur their ego plays on them, just something to watch out for. I personally abandoned any search for spiritual achievements long ago because it really wasn't doing my mental health any favor. People can really go down a rabbit hole that way.
I totally agree. When I was younger the notion of enlightenment seemed like a path. But also a game. The same game that turns any form of spirituality into a religion.

So I let go of the word enlightenment. I could never figure out what that means. Knowledge? Then say so, Wisdom, then say so. I have come to the conclusion that enlightenment means simply being kind. The simple kind hearted approach to the world seems best. No knowledge or wisdom needed, as the person is wise enough to just be kind and loving to all life.

But I read every word you type @Frog Dreams and I appreciated the take on the whole topic. I mostly agree, I just backed off a little on the definitions.

I think society in itself is nothing but a

Wrt to drugs as a tool of spiritual development, i absolutely believe drugs can help to improve a person, but maybe not in the way most people advocating for psychedelics think. Personally i find that suffering from the ills of addiction for most of my life has done way more to improve me as a human being than any psychedelic trip ever did, by making me less judgemental and more empathetic due to the humiliation of coming face-to-face with my own shortcomings
I hear this loud and clear. Being ill as fuck from any opiate/opioid brings a very clear spiritual perspective for me. Like you are so sick that you have to search inside yourself and find that inner strength.

"In order to survive you,
I must survive myself.
There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you..there's no other choice.
Shameless now, You're nothing now. Youre no one now,
But MY SOUL MUST BE IRON because my fear is naked, I'm naked and fearless and my fear is naked. Dead inside." Tool/Henry Rollins - BOTTOM

JackARoe said:
I have come to the conclusion that enlightenment means simply being kind.

Part of it is being kind, but you don't have to try to be kind. You just are.
Part of it is loving everyone, but you don't have to try to love. You just do.

It is also being able to see the beauty in everything.

To have no barriers between yourself and a sunset, for example.
That sounds simple. You might think, I've appreciated a sunset... and maybe you have.
But do you appreciate every sunset? Do you appreciate everything?

We remember those moments in our lives when we are profoundly connected.
Sometimes they happen on drugs. Sometimes they don't.
For most people, these are rare moments.

Enlightenment is when they happen all the time.

Is there ever a barrier between you and music?
Is there ever a barrier between yourself and art?

Do you fully appreciate the flavour and complexity of every fruit you eat?

When I'm deep in non-dual, lots of stuff makes me cry because it's so beautiful it is overwhelming.
I moan when I eat because the food is so incredible.
SO much more so than when I'm stoned.

Enlightenment is having a clear mind all the time.

Never being distracted.
Always being in the moment.

It's not just about being kind to others.
That's the intellectual version not the experiential version.

There is a physical aspect to it also.
I feel it go up my spine. I have full body orgasms.
Sometimes, my entire body tingles with joy. Every nerve ending.

I'm talking about when I'm completely sober.

It is better than any drug.

Knowledge is also a part of it.
I know things I've never thought about consciously.
You get access to an enormous amount of information.

There is no anxiety, no fear, no depression, no shame.
Just constant joy and love.

Interesting. The OP is into 5-meo-DMT.

Despite having an ego reaction early in the thread, I think he knows the state I am describing... but I'm not sure if he has successfully sustained it for days/weeks/months.

I'm not there all the time. I choose to return to ego. I go back and forth. I'm not stuck in ceremony. My intention is to stop ceremony at some point, but it is something I love and part of it is the therapy aspect. My facilitator has helped me process a lot of trauma. Things I've never talked to anyone about. Ceremony isn't only about drugs. It's about being vulnerable in front of others. It is group therapy. Etc.

I am taking note of what takes me backwards and what takes me forwards. Inducing the "state" with ceremony allows me to observe the effect that my actions have.

The things that have taken me backwards most significantly - in no particular order - are:

1. MDMA
2. A particularly high dose of marijuana that induced fear
3. High stress situations
4. An extremely bad case of COVID-19 that induced fear

First of all, it hasn't been years. My first bufo ceremony was in July of this year. I achieved the state (and sustained it for a brief time) about 11 years ago with Amanita Muscaria, but I didn't know what it was.

Secondly, as I stated in post #28 I can achieve it sober. I do this via meditation.

No, I'm not doing that.

I have absolutely experienced true non-duality.

I can.

It is the experience of truly being "myself" without all the layers of ego.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you.

There is a difference between understanding the state intellectually and experiencing it.

Words, like you say, are clumsy. There are no words to describe something fundamentally ineffable. You can say it's not an experience, but I have "experienced" it. It being the lack of ego.

When I say this to people (lack of ego) they say "oh yeah, I've had ego loss/death". I've experienced ego death from psychedelics many times. Non-duality is something else. It is utterly extraordinary.

I have no attachment to any of these words. I'm just communicating (imperfectly).

In terms of drugs, the non-dual state is better than all drugs. It's relatively new to me. When I induced it 11 years ago, I wasn't anywhere near a place in my life where I could sustain it or understand it.

Now, I take drugs and I think "what is the point?"

Since doing ceremony, I have quit amphetamines permanently. The desire is not there.

Also - for the first time in my adult life - I don't really want/like marijuana. It is a messy headspace that pales in comparison to non-duality.

I had a false association in my brain that psychedelic drugs were needed to achieve the state (for me) then I achieved it without them. Now, I realize.

Like I said in the non-dual thread, your wisdom helped me get there. I appreciate your guidance.

I don't want to ever do any drugs except for psychedelics because other drugs take me out of the state and the state is better than any high.

Seems like you get it. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'm glad the ceremonies are also therapeutic for you on a trauma level. Trauma is what led me to non-dual understandings as well.

I'm in touch with this guy and have a call lined up with him as his real. I highly recommend you check him out first as way too many people toss words around with no clue what they mean. His Guru will tell you so much if you know the name, if not look online.

I find sadly I post stuff all the time on here but nobody checks it out and then post stuff when it's been linked. If you are serious about this stuff to spend a hour or two is nothing in the living experience & real Samadhi is no joke, you can get very damaged from it, Kundalini Syndrome is very real as @TripSitterNZ said about his friend who messed with Kundalini and went mad, I know a woman who had a massive brain seizure which nearly killed her etc.

When legit teachers are saying they want at least 3 years to teach you it's legit, these Western fools who do a weekend retreat are fake at best, at the worst can cause mental illness or death.

The Brahmin Priest from the temple I go to knows people who have schizophrenic type issues from it, one person died.

If you cannot give 90 minutes of your time you aren't ready for it I promise you. I was literally shaken out my body a few weeks ago, I jumped 2-3 feet in the air, turned bright red due to body temperature rising so fast it was quicker than you can blink and that was only a good shot of Prana folks, make no mistake about it!!!!

"

Samadhi - Deep Meditation (edited)
714 views · 2 years ago...more

Peter Marchand

Subscribed

Save

Comments4

Add a comment...
Up next
Autoplay

1:06:08
Baba Ram Dass -1976, Aspen CO - Some of the oldest known video footage of Baba Ram Dass
Soundings Mindful Media•505K views

3:07
Train I Ride - Cristina Vane
Cristina Vane•27K views

3:15
Spanish buskers
Joris Van Daele•1M views

6:43
The 3 Gunas & the Vibration of our Life Force or Prana
Peter Marchand•816 views

2:34
Nuku Nuku - Ancient Finnish Lullaby
Merja Soria Finnish Folk Musician•1.3M views

6:25
The Natural Evolution of Desires in the Chakras
Peter Marchand•660 views

2:44
An Invitation
Fang - Topic•24K views

1:59
Harish Johari on the Debt to the Teacher
Peter Marchand•921 views

5:12
The Deep Meditation Handbook Crowdfunding
Peter Marchand•580 views

2:48
pete seeger which side are you on
commarx•3.3M views

3:20
Yogic Science behind Nadi Shodhana, Alternate Nostril Breathing
Peter Marchand•1.7K views

4:16
How the Doshas Affect Emotional Imbalance
Peter Marchand•440 views

Description

Samadhi - Deep Meditation (edited)

Peter Marchand
Views
May 16
Samadhi is the state of really deep meditation, when we are entirely absorbed inside. In that state which is truly beyond words, we are no longer aware of sitting somewhere in meditation. Whatever happens there happens naturally, supported by the divine power of the Self. Such deep meditation brings about profound changes in our personality, where a shy person can entirely lose that shyness, etc... In Samadhi, the identification with the Ego is temporarily lost and as a result when we emerge from this deep meditative state the identification with the Self is greatly enhanced. Samadhi is not something that we can do however, it is something that happens. We only have to create the right conditions for it and allow it to happen."

Last edited: