• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Pure DMT...what now?

Thanks, I know they sound like easy questions but I needed to double check my info and had a few problems finding it in a web search.

different forms, yes, the good, the bad (non-acacialoid )and the ugly (synthetic).

Hi all, sorry to barge in on the thread, but I also had a question (seems appropriate to post it here).

I've just got some pure DMT as well (2g for me, yay!), and I couldn't work ot the best way to smoke it.

Anyway, finally I decided on this little device:
http://www.onlinesmoke.com.au/product_303_glasslittledevil.php

think it'll work?
Also, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to fill the middle chamber with water or not.

PLEASE HELP!!!

dude anything will "work" foil, pipes, bongs, pens, pull stems, machines, crazy ass devices, whatever you can smoke out of you can dmt out of.

self-build easy and safe DMT-vapourizer:

ceramic heating plate (220 volts) which can heat up to 80 degrees celsius,
(buy at camping shop / home appliances)
Small Erlemeyer flask (250 ml) (buy at school depot , ebay , chemistry kit)
Cork with 2 holes , attach to one hole a long breathing tube (60 cm)
Cover the other hole with a very easy lid ( a small coin for example)

put some ashes or herbs in the flask , sprinkle some DMT/5-meo-DMT on the ashes/leaves , put the cork in ,
place the flask on the heating plate (pre heated or let it warm up)
hold your finger at the end of the tube , close the other hole.

Most DMT will transform into an oil first before it becomes a gas.
you will see the DMT melt and the flask will fill with smoke.

the trick is to fill the flask with the highest amount of smoke , but not let it condensate on the insides of the flask.
when you see small crystal trails starting to form on the glass that means it's time to put the end of the tube in your mouth , and remove the coin/lid of the other hole.

now inhale as deeply as possible.

...Enter Hyperspace and beyond...

good things about this methode :

- most important : you can let go of the tube and lose yourself in the experience, without worry.
- no open flame
- large volume to inhale at once ( we tried a few flasks but 250 to 400 seemed to work best for us.) , so it will be much easier to get a "break through"-experience.
- the smoke has cooled a bit because of the tubing, so easier to inhale.
- no inhalation of actual hot bits and pieces of DMT
- less "stinky smell" because most of the DMT and pyrolized material is in a small convined space.

so there you go..don't be lazy...build one yourself....and find out what a difference this methode makes.

Last edited:
Can you smoke an MAOI with DMT without going on the "MAOI diet"?

I'm just wondering, because smoking an MAOI may be different than ingesting one orally...
If you do need to go on an MAOI diet, how strict does it need to be?

I would love to mix smoked MAOIs with DMT/Mushrooms/LSD, but I am not quite 100% sure about the diet aspect (or if it's different when smoking MAOIs)...can someone brief me?

And what, in your guys opinions, would be the best MAOI to mix with DMT, mushrooms, or LSD?

MAOI means that the alkaloid inhibits an enzyme that normally will break down amines.
if this enzyme is inhibited it cannot break down DMT and many other substances , this means that DMT will become orally active and more active when smoked.

but .

This will also mean that some substances will become more toxic because normally this enzyme will protect your body against these , but with the enzyme inhibited these substances now pass easier into the rest of your body.
(when before it would break it down into less toxic parts.)

so even an MAOI smoked will inhibit the enzymes and sure enough you would want to keep to the MAOI diet.

although...
i hear you think : my food doesn't pass through my lungs and do i need only to stop the enzymes in my stomach ?

well..roughly saying : as soon as you inhale or eat something it will end up in the bloodstream and therefor all over your body..and brain.
These Mao-enzymes are found almost everywhere in your body , most important in your blood.
so still , keep at the diet , remember bluelight is here for harm-reduction.

stay safe.

your ex.

best Maoi :

Peganum Harmala (seeds)

look up a persian/iranian foodstore-supermarket in your city and ask there for :

Esfant (eSS-phan-T)

that's the middle eastern name , they use it as a incense and such.

it's really cheap , and you will need about 3 grams of the seeds , grind them , put them in caps or make a very bitter tea out of them.
take it about 20 minutes before taking DMT , mushrooms or any amine containing drug....yes lsd also.

also fun : don't take any drug after it and enjoy the harmala experience :
most people will be a tad happier (because less serotonin is broken down) , most people will have vivid daydream like close eyed visuals and feel denifetly off-baseline.

even more fun :
grind the harmala seeds to a fine powder , put your finger in the powder and start drawing lines on your face.
now go to a party where they have blacklight and the lines you've drawn will now light up.

best Maoi :

Peganum Harmala (seeds)

I take those as a daily supplement. I ground up and capsuled it into 500mg caps. I take 1 gram a day unless I plan on tripping I do not take them. It took me about 1.5 yrs to get my diet to be adjusted so it was naturally Maoi safe.

What exactly do you have to do for the diet? How long do you have to diet for before using? How intense is the diet -- do you have to abstain from things, or just eat minimal amounts of them? I guess maybe if someone knows a website that explains it clearly that would help.

What exactly do you have to do for the diet? How long do you have to diet for before using? How intense is the diet -- do you have to abstain from things, or just eat minimal amounts of them? I guess maybe if someone knows a website that explains it clearly that would help.

Look up in wiki Maoi diets. It will have a list of foods that are safe and a list that are not. However I have found that Paganum Harmala seeds are RIMA's which mean they are reversible MAOI A's. They are considerably safer then the MAOI's that are synthetic with a 2 week afterlife. I stay away from all animal product cause I am raw vegan now. Although I drink hot cocoas made from real chocolate without problem. I have not tried coffee and do not plan to test those waters while having a MAOI ingested. I eat a lot of avocado without problem. I have read about a fellow named Ananda Bosman who has tried wine cheese and other things after ingesting the seeds.

Please do extensive research before you mess with your body like this. Dont take my word but listen to see if it points you in a good direction.

So, I read this entry on Wikipedia.

It lists the following foods as containing tyramine, which I know should not be combined with MAOIs. The list includes:
1. Alcoholic Beverages -- i can easily avoid all alcohol
2. Cheeses -- i assume this includes all cheeses -- and that they all should be avoided?
3. Fruit -- i can easily avoid fruit...
4. Processed Foods -- now this is a very broad category...does this mean that I should avoid all food that comes packaged in a store?
5. Meat and Fish -- i assume that all meat/fish should be avoided, due to not knowing how long it has been aged?
6. Soy -- easily avoidable
7. Nuts and Chocolate -- i could avoid these things easily
8. (not on wikipedia) Protein Extracts -- can be avoided.
9. (not on wikipedia) Yeast -- does this mean I can't eat bread? Or is it only fresh yeast?
10. (not on wikipedia) Soups -- can avoid this. are there any good soups that are safe?

I'm not missing any foods that are essential to avoid, am I?

The list of drugs to avoid I got from Erowid, here. The list includes drugs that I can easily stay away from... I do have a few questions, however. I am on 90mg of Methadone/day, and 4mg Clonazepam/day. I'm pretty sure these two drugs wouldn't interact with MAOIs (would they?)

I am, however, worried about caffeine. I drink a Monster energy drink every morning, which contains approx. 100mg of caffeine (it isn't coffee). If I don't consume caffeine, I get pretty gnarly headaches. First of all, does caffeine interact with MAOIs (on Erowid, it just says to "use with caution")? Second of all, I know there are other herbs/supplements in those Monster drinks, possibly containing Tyramine. So, if caffeine doesn't interact with MAOIs, would it be better to take 100mg of caffeine every morning in pill form (like No-Doz), to avoid all the other stuff in the energy drink? Or is caffeine really not safe to take at all?
It's only listed as a "caution" food on Erowid...so I assume I should especially cut back/not use any the day that I use the MAOI, right? Is it safe to do what I mentioned above, still ingest 100mg (I could try to do less) every morning?

Another question I have, is if I have to avoid all of these things, what do I eat? What do you guys (those on the diet) usually eat? Like what different types of food are good/tolerable to replace these things with? What are your favorite foods to eat on this diet (I'm not really a fan of most vegetables, except like corn, carrots, and potatoes)?

Do the foods listed above need to be completely and absolutely avoided? Like I shouldn't eat ANY meat or cheese, correct? It's not just a "caution" thing, right? I want to be safe. Also, how long before and how long after using the MAOI should I be on this diet? Sorry for all these questions, I just really want to be safe if I do this.

ONE MORE THING: What do you guys think would be the safest or most ideal MAOI to use, if I plan on smoking them or orally ingesting them for DMT/psilocin/LSD potentiation? Would you guys recommend using Syrian Rue seeds, or would you recommend a pharm. MAOI, such as moclobemide? I'd like to avoid excess nausea, if possible, and I would also like to play this the safest way I can.

BTW, grinded up Syrian Rue seeds can be smoked, right (or is it only extracts that can be smoked with true effect)? What method of ingestion would you guys use -- like what would be the easiest and most effective? Grinding up the seeds and putting them in capsules OR doing an actual harmaline/harmine extraction? Also, is it smoked like marijuana? Like do you just put it in a pipe or bong and toke? I assume you would do this BEFORE smoking DMT/ingesting a tryptamine, right? About how long before?
If I mix it with smoked DMT, I will most likely smoke the MAOI. However if I am taking a psychedelic orally, I will probably use the MAOI orally...

What's the major difference between smoking the MAOI and eating the MAOI? Duration? Intensity? For example, would smoking the MAOI before ingesting mushrooms be much different than eating the MAOI before ingesting mushrooms?

Last edited:
Moclobemide causes the least nausea - in fact it doesn't any nausea. But having said that once the DMT hits you it can cause nausea all by itself in some people.

DMT freebase is rough on the stomach - it can be lessened by dissolving the DMT in coca-cola - try 100mg to a pint.

There's a couple of things to avoid for a day or two if you use moclobemide but it's a reversible maoi so it's not as serious as using syrian rue/caapi.

In response to your question about the machine. Yes. its wicked. I made one out of a one shot vodka bottle and some thick brillo pad type stuff. Whats important with the metal is to NOT use a actual brillo pad. You want a much thicker metal, but the same sort of curly wirery shape.

Thin metal + heat = very very bad things for your lungs. Cannt remember why but its something to do with the metal making a poison, i think. I saw someone get flamed hard on a forum for suggesting a brillo pad.

You want stuff that looks like this:
http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/images/STAINLESS STEEL SCRUBBER.jpg

and remember to clean it to make sure it hasn't got any nasty industrial residues on it.

The machine makes DMT much easier to ingest than any other method I have found

damn hippies! ;-) p.harmala has 'harm' built in ;-). we r about harm reduction, so ditch that and get the caapi. no need to roast, just shave and toast! seeds, yuk! the best bong is just that, do fill with water and enjoy. now go to outerspace party aroundabout GC232323, mere 33E6 years away at FTL where gravitational pictoglyphs are oh so tasty...

best Maoi :

Peganum Harmala (seeds)

look up a persian/iranian foodstore-supermarket in your city and ask there for :

Esfant (eSS-phan-T)

that's the middle eastern name , they use it as a incense and such.

it's really cheap , and you will need about 3 grams of the seeds , grind them , put them in caps or make a very bitter tea out of them.
take it about 20 minutes before taking DMT , mushrooms or any amine containing drug....yes lsd also.

also fun : don't take any drug after it and enjoy the harmala experience :
most people will be a tad happier (because less serotonin is broken down) , most people will have vivid daydream like close eyed visuals and feel denifetly off-baseline.

even more fun :
grind the harmala seeds to a fine powder , put your finger in the powder and start drawing lines on your face.
now go to a party where they have blacklight and the lines you've drawn will now light up.

nanobrain sounds like the guy from those oxiclean commercials. lol

damn hippies! ;-) p.harmala has 'harm' built in ;-). we r about harm reduction, so ditch that and get the caapi. no need to roast, just shave and toast! seeds, yuk! the best bong is just that, do fill with water and enjoy. now go to outerspace party aroundabout GC232323, mere 33E6 years away at FTL where gravitational pictoglyphs are oh so tasty...

R you serious? If so what do you mean?

maybe he meant you should try sprinkling DMT onto your weed...then spraying it lightly with butane so the DMT turns into solution soaking the weed, before the (shortly) liquid Butane evaporates...that's the only way I smoke laced weed...otherwise you have to smoke up really carefully...and I love to just blaze a bowl lol

What wouldn't you be smoking butane or inhaling it? Nasty, no put some weed on the bottom with a screen and put dmt on top of that, then put some more weed on top and maybe another layer of dmt on the top with a thin layer, and keep hitting it.