EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

"I know this all sounds crazy. Wake up!" Man once this track gets going it really gets going 8o cool use of stereo effects too (if you can hear that in the youtube vid, dunno)

I find that psytrance parties more than most others are a great place to socialize. If you go outside here, it's remarkable how much more people you can find there talking than you would find at a more mainstream event. Probably has something to do with the fact that most psytrance parties in my country are free, illegal and you need to know people to find them. This attracts a whole lot of amazingly interesting people to meet :D

Yeah I've met a lot of interesting people at psytrance events. The small scene keeps the vibe and atmosphere intimate.

Perfect. Now I have another question. I don't know anybody IRL who is into psy. How do I find local psytrance parties?

Anybody going to Psy-Fi Festival (Netherlands) this year? Me and some friends will go again, the place is very chilled out, and the confirmed lineup is also nice so far.

http://www.psy-fi.nl/

Anybody going to Psy-Fi Festival (Netherlands) this year? Me and some friends will go again, the place is very chilled out, and the confirmed lineup is also nice so far.

http://www.psy-fi.nl/
Yeah probably :D was absolutely amazing last time I went

*edit*
on an unrelated note, here's a tune. Nice track up until 5:00, after that it gets crazy. Too bad they didn't do that transition earlier on but still great track

Last edited:
Saw electric universe, 1200 mics (well, actually only Chicago) and space buddha this weekend. Bit disappointed in 1200mics but electric universe and space buddha were absolutely amazing 8o

Is this video not absolutely wonderful or what?

I was holding my breath for the next Kindzadza album. Slightly disappointed with the repetitive usage of certain themes, but only because I expect great things from Kindzadza. (Love the album title - I'd Like You to be a Mind Reader.)

Yaminahua is my bread and butter these days. Dat sound design tho.

Am I the only one that thinks psychedelics don't match the beat of psytrance. Now New Age is different story.

I hardly ever listen to goa at home (besides the occasional Astral Projection), but I go to festivals every year since '11. you find me at the chillout floor giving massages or something :D

"I know this all sounds crazy. Wake up!" Man once this track gets going it really gets going 8o cool use of stereo effects too (if you can hear that in the youtube vid, dunno)

Ananda Shake do have a knack for kicking up the energy and really like their climax, love Total Overdose and Disco Dancer :)

But nothing is more uplifting than feeling tired as hell from a night of dancing, ready to go to sleep, only to hear the madness of something like Crazy Astronaut and suddenly find yourself full of energy and ready to dance some more and embrace that madness. Need more artists who aren't afraid to experiment and mash up different sub-genres and styles. It keeps things fresh and when the music isn't too serious it wards off certain kind of elitism that you sometimes encounter which really doesn't belong to the scene in the first place IMO.

Crazy Astronaut - NXPCTD for example.

The sense of mystery that you find in artists like Menog is what drew me to psytrance in the first place though. Anyway, I'll pitch in two artists that I like that haven't been mentioned in the thread yet at least to my knowledge:

Jaws Underground - My Precious (couldn't find this one on youtube, but it should be on spotify)
Alienn - Japanese Mafia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPKMZ2Zrl0

EDIT: This one is rather adorable too, it's like a premature ejaculation followed by a short breather and then the sex begins, no foreplay at all and somewhere around the middle it transitions into a sort of more prolonged two and a half orgasm. Not the structure I usually prefer, but I certainly don't feel sexually assaulted by the end of it, even if it was a slightly over the top. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkXDEG7PcsY Fanalyze - Hadi Taktash

Last edited:
I WANNA BE IN EUROPEEEEE. NOWWWWW!!!!!!!
The fetival season seems to be in full effect now.
I get to sit here at home and check in to peoples social media updates instead...... fuck my LIFE..!

^ yeah I have been to Boom, Ozora and Psy-Fi (when it comes to the larger festivals), and each time has been at least very good, more often spectacular. :D

I look forward to spaced-out nights dancing at the chillout <3

edit: found this while browsing psyfi's line up

Last edited: