EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

EDIT: DON'T MEAN TO VIDEO DUMP I WILL DISCUSS TOO OF COURSE MIS AMIGOS, DICKSTER BRINGING THE RUCKUS HERE!!

Last edited:
Please forgove my qriting below. I just took some zopiclone, and I'm busily trying to unsucessfuly makes senen. 'opefully you guys can, Hopeful at leat, then it can be excplained to me :D

really? that sounds like regular old club trance to me, especially 3:00 on. there's very little 'psy' about it.

but arguing over labels is silly.

alasdair

True, but Astrix isn't progressive; he was the defintion of full-on (more silliness!) :D Nothing wrong with that either, he was a good artists in that scene... Liquid Soul made an awesome album a few years back, really lush, warm, melodic scandi-style progressive/morning, but they sit firmly in the commercial side of that genre.

*** It kicked in at this point***​

Two decent tracks here:

First one,
Lush prog: Iboga recs style, commercial but aweme nontheles

But the below is the prog/minimal I fucking dig (I like Ibgoa sound and the scnandi-sound of prpgressibe, like late Vibrspere, 12 Moon, etc) the socallled zeonesque. So much good music coming from thst scene/label.

This one is by Sumiruna, avaialbke on ektoplasm but I'll post it here. Great sound desgn and love rumbling, married bass to kick zenostyle shit...

Last edited:
More of that crinkling clacky stuff: This whole album, 11 track remix of one song, is pretty brilliant if you like the Zenon sound.

More of that crinkling clacky stuff: This whole album, 11 track remix of one song, is pretty brilliant if you like the Zenon sound.

I dig it man.

Tough for an old school Goahead to get into new psy tunes this day and age but I do enjoy the Zenon sound.

Wow 5-htp just knocked me out cold after work, doin a lil amphetamine maintenance on the serotonin toll taken recently. Oh does quality 5-htp do wonders on gettin the old receptors back up to action.

Bonkers

Alright full-on of the year from some old school Masters, enough playin games hahahah time for some Sirius Isness ;) yessus =D jk just being half sirius bout this bisniss 8)

Last edited:
"the scene"? you can walk away or you can stick around and help make it better...

i agree on the doof cd. i absolutely love this:

alasdair

Account of the video you posted looks like it went dead, this oldie is too good to leave with a broken link allow me %)

Last edited:
Much Ado Bluelight Communidade Muy Bien!!

Holy shit lol I was just taken aback by the sheer amount of talent in the tunes that everyone has been posting recently, this thread is alive and bangin hahahah =D

Special thanks to alasdairm, StarOceanHouse, and willow11, thx!

Last edited:
Have you been there, have you seen the things? The things one can only marvel at...

So you may consider yourself an Astral Warrior? You rupture the mundane plane without holding onto a shread of fear or clinging to your ego. Well then fellow warriors, let us travel to uncharted dimensional spaces this fine evening in Astral Warrior style =D

Silfred, prepare the changa my dear man! PRETTY PLEASE WITH HYPERSPACE CHERRIES ON TOP! :?:!

Last edited:
http://www.discogs.com/Pigs-In-Space-Pigs-In-Space/release/77403

Some old school Israeli trance, lol Pigs in Space reminds ya of muppets no?

Pigs-in-Space-1-620x310.jpg

Israel should be synonymous for Psytrance.

Some of the greatest psy acts ever came out of the Promised Land. Astral Projection formerly known as Sfx is one example of a legendary psy act from Israel.

MFG is a psyduo, arguably one of the greatest psyduo's of all time right alongside Astral Projection.

From wiki =D:
Message from God (MFG) are Aharon Segal and Guy Zurkel, a psychedelic trance and Goa Trance project from Israel. The duo have a rich musical background, and they met somewhere at the 80's. In 1996 they began producing music under the name "Industrial" and quickly fell in love with Goa Trance. Their first album The Prophecy came out at 1996 in 2 versions and aroused interest around the world.

A mix of both Astral Projection and MFG's greatest tracks:

'The spice extends life
. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.'

Last edited:
And so begins the journey into The Infinity Project beginning with the enigmatic member Martin Freeland, aka Man With No Name.

An excerpt from wiki on his Goa years, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Freeland

[h=3]Goa years: 1994–1998Edit[/h]Having refined his sound to a harder, more melodic style of Goa trance, Freeland worked closely with Ian St Paul, Graham Wood and Raja Ram under the name of The Infinity Project, as well as contributing the single "Teleport" to the first TIP Records compilation. Teleport was simultaneously released on Dragonfly Records, where he again contributed tracks to a number of their compilations.
Back on the Concept in Dance label, Freeland released his first full-length album Moment of Truth. The singles "Floor-Essence" and "Sugar Rush" were taken from the album, though released on Perfecto. Freeland's connection with Perfecto led to him touring with labelmates such as Mozaic and Quivver, while the label's promotional plugging led to his singles reaching the UK Singles Chart.
Freeland also contributed to Positiva's rainforest charity project 'Earth Trance' in 1996 with the track "Osmosis". The compilation project featured tracks by trance artists across the scene and raised money for charity in the process.
The success of Man With No Name was recognised by the end of 1995, with Muzik voting "Floor-Essence" as the twelfth best single of the year,[3] and Moment of Truth being ranked as 26th Best Album of the year. Freeland was also a highly sought-after remixer, although he 'politely refused' to remix JX's 'There's Nothing I Won't Do' when asked by Hooj Choons.[4]
Freeland continued to release material on Perfecto for the rest of the 1990s, with a second album Earth Moving The Sun in 1998.

2.5 grams down the hatch, followed by 200mg, MAN THE CONTROLS SCOTTY, THERE IS DEEP TROUBLE IN OUTER SPACE, WARP DRIVE THRUSTERS ACTIVATED! =D

WP_Space_Ship_Control_Panel.PNG

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I have to say that psytrance is fucking shit music. Seriously it's garbage. Sounds like a drill pounding my head over and over! I hate when they start playing the shit at music festivals. It just kills the mood. The only people who like it are drug fucked hippies who have taken too many drugs. The samples are shit. Samples are 50% about drugs and 50% about aliens. So predictable. Nothing good or original has come out since Infected Mushroom's Clasical Mushroom. But they are shit now. Terrible music with no soul. No melody. No beats.

don't like it? don't listen to it. problem solved.

alasdair