EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

Try wearing a suit and a tie when going to a festival. It's an experience by itself, seriously. Pick a color that's goes well with mud on the pants. It can get a bit hot during the day, especially when dancing, so be mindful of that though. A matching hat, some glow sticks and a cheek-in-tongue attitude go great with the setup too. Unless you absolutely loathe all kind of attention, you won't regret it, I promise.

no I'm not one for dressing up... but I will go nude at some point

Just figured I'd let everyone know they have
The most coolest fucking app, had to download
A recorder just to record my screen so I can
Show you guys

[video=vimeo;174022983]Https://vimeo.com/174022983jb[/video]

Try wearing a suit and a tie when going to a festival. It's an experience by itself, seriously. Pick a color that's goes well with mud on the pants. It can get a bit hot during the day, especially when dancing, so be mindful of that though. A matching hat, some glow sticks and a cheek-in-tongue attitude go great with the setup too. Unless you absolutely loathe all kind of attention, you won't regret it, I promise.

I've worn a tuxedo at a desert party and i didn't get any attention. :(

I've worn a tuxedo at a desert party and i didn't get any attention. :(

Oh that's not fair, it must have been hot as hell damn it. Perhaps our experiences are in such stark contrast because people are somewhat more used to seeing a tuxedo in a desert setting rather than something similar deep in the forest? I'm jumping to conclusions here, just a hunch. It's like one of the least likely things you expect, someone wearing a tidy suit in the bushes, next going for a swim in the lake in the moon light or climbing in trees just for the hell of it. Then again you didn't say anything about a hat, I heard from multiple people that it (straw hat) was really the piece that completed everything. Maybe there's a secret sauce to it, have to re-evaluate my recommendations, but my experience was like, if there's any media coverage of the event chances are quite high you end up in multiple pictures even if there's a total of 5 of them and like every third party-goer has a question for you even when they really don't.

Oh that's not fair, it must have been hot as hell damn it. Perhaps our experiences are in such stark contrast because people are somewhat more used to seeing a tuxedo in a desert setting rather than something similar deep in the forest? I'm jumping to conclusions here, just a hunch. It's like one of the least likely things you expect, someone wearing a tidy suit in the bushes, next going for a swim in the lake in the moon light or climbing in trees just for the hell of it. Then again you didn't say anything about a hat, I heard from multiple people that it (straw hat) was really the piece that completed everything. Maybe there's a secret sauce to it, have to re-evaluate my recommendations, but my experience was like, if there's any media coverage of the event chances are quite high you end up in multiple pictures even if there's a total of 5 of them and like every third party-goer has a question for you even when they really don't.

Servant of Baphomet are we?

I don't think LSD is the best. I think lysergic acids are so last century.

There's a new type of tryptaminergic action going on lately that is vastly superior to the lyserge variety.

MAN FUCK THIS NEW SHIT FUCKIN POSERS TRYIN TO BE HIPSTERS YALL DON'T KNOW WHAT GOA WAS EVEN ABOUT FUCK MAN.

OLD IS GOLD.

Ok this is new, but is it necessary? Old gold far surpasses what they are trying to do with soundwaves.

Magick in sound is dying. Well a select few today still grasp the real Juju behind what once was but seldom do we see them all is mere surface appearance and auditory vibrations devoid of the realness today that once was Aural Majick.

This is not for the uninitiated. Get into this on a dose and be prepared for a voyage, this is Dimensional Ranger level material...

Shallow mind sauce these days....all about an auditory circus devoid of authentic otherworldly sorcery. Where are all the DJ Magicians going? No longer taking births in this world indeed.

Straight ear FUNK:

www.discogs.com/Audiomassage-Audiomassage-EP/release/251273

www.discogs.com/Alphanaut-My-Friend-And-I-Are-Not-From-Your-Planet/release/4879945

Not everything Old is Gold. No, some new stuff is way realer than some old tunes. It's a rare treat to find an auditory wizard, you won't find them being highlighted in a Top 100 DJ list nor on any notable media outlets. Usually they are found at parties accessed by word of mouth. Shpongle are considered wizards by some, but they are wizards after fame and profit. They're wizardry is superficial but at least they know what aural sorcery is even if they chose to take the road of forsaking the realest of the real sound Magick, as is so tempting to do.

This guy has supposedly been working on a third Hallu album for years now, who knows what his deal is. Touring around doing DJ Sets most of the year whatever does go on inside this man's brain?

http://www.twistedmusic.com/artists/hallucinogen/

Look at what the scene is becoming, a profitable marketplace where refined Hippies profit off of not so professionally inclined hippies....it almost feels like the original vision of evolving through a trance party in much the same way one would evolve through a Shamanic ritual is turning into a drug fueled fun fest for immature minds. Eh, everyone is entitled for paying to excite their senses and have a good time %)

"Psytrance" was born in Thailand. Thailand. It was not referred to as Psytrance back then. More history lessons to come. Doesn't take a shaman to be a wizard on the synth. All it takes is someone not out for fame and riches. Someone strictly into creating sound magick because they enjoy it themselves regardless of how many records they may sell.EDIT: my posts are getting fucked over by this forum engine lol I am spacing but the forum butchers it not sure why.

"Psytrance" was born in Thailand. Thailand. It was not referred to as Psytrance back then. More history lessons to come.
most people would agree that psytrance grew out of goa trance (clue in the name :) )

so let's hear your history lesson?

alasdair

This guy has supposedly been working on a third Hallu album for years now, who knows what his deal is. Touring around doing DJ Sets most of the year whatever does go on inside this man's brain?

http://www.twistedmusic.com/artists/hallucinogen/

Look at what the scene is becoming, a profitable marketplace where refined Hippies profit off of not so professionally inclined hippies....it almost feels like the original vision of evolving through a trance party in much the same way one would evolve through a Shamanic ritual is turning into a drug fueled fun fest for immature minds. Eh, everyone is entitled for paying to excite their senses and have a good time %)

He's "touring around" as Shpongle and I don't believe it gets too much deeper than that. Yea Hallucinogen is great but he plays some Hallu songs in his Shpongle sets and is free to do what he wants with the sound. I'd rather hear a new Shpongle album than Hallucinogen. Either way Simon does take long amounts of time to release any new material, but you have to think about Are you Shpongled came out in '99 I believe, there's a lot of material to explore with him