EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

I don't listen to it. It's shit. I just came in here to troll and voice my opinion.

I'm not gonna lie and say the music is profoundly deep and has anymore intrinsic value than for partying and pleasure. It is a form of techno after all, created with large ravelike parties in mind, duh.

Thanks for the 2 cents mate. Feel free to keep slangin pennies in this thread =D Btw you do realize trolls tend to get banned when they continue their activities?

Anyone in the mood for some refined sugar? It is shit after all, but hey it tastes damn good BAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Man With No Name's single Sugar Rush, not to be confused with the Disney movie Wreck-It Ralph theme song http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Sugar_Rush_(song), has been remixed several times and was apparently quite tasty to people.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but psytrance has nothing to do with techno. Do you know anything about the history of electronic music? Read up on it sometime.

/trollslap

I'm sorry but psytrance has nothing to do with techno. Do you know anything about the history of electronic music? Read up on it sometime.

I have.

Why don't you edit the wikipedia page since you seem to know so much :\

Psytrance most certainly has stylistic origins in techno, sorry to burst your psytrance hating bubble mate.

Btw what kind of packets might you be sniffing? They don't happen to be labelled "retard hate troll" do they? :?

619DJJC12YL.jpg

Last edited:
Is the universe infinite?

A brief EU interlude from my Man With No Name and TIP history post series,

Electric Universe's album Journeys Into Outer Space is one of the best psy bangers of 2014 quite frankly, no doubt someone has already posted the entire album I am sure some pages back (I can sense it, ESP if you will),

More of that crinkling clacky stuff: This whole album, 11 track remix of one song, is pretty brilliant if you like the Zenon sound.

LOVE the Zenon sound but this hitek set after the main stage of a Zenon party shut down is also good :D

anybody in san diego? my friend brian is spinning at a party on november 5th: psilo

12042785_707382166072853_6889779195755037681_n.jpg

alasdair

anybody in san diego? my friend brian is spinning at a party on november 5th: psilo

12042785_707382166072853_6889779195755037681_n.jpg

alasdair

Eastcoast but WOW is that a nice poster looks great, San Diego ahhh that sounds nice it is starting to get very cold in New York hahah.

Almost thought it looked like an astro observatory for a second, or perhaps a Lunar Silo of sorts? Too abstract to tell but I like the vibe of it, should be a legit party.

To wrap up the MWNN nostalgic history rant, and to celebrate the Full Moon from 2 days ago, a song!

Martin Freeland contributed his fair share to The Infinity Project group, a goa trance band if that hasn't been made clear. TIP records is Raja Ram's label, undoubtedly the sonic sorcerer behind Shpongle and the goa trance band T.I.P. Not to discredit Simon Posford at all each member and signifcant contributor will have a small spotlight before I'm through here lol.

An excerpt for the TIP records website:

'It was the summer after at the Longleat party, a party put on by Ian St Paul, when Raja Ram and Graham Wood who were partners in The Infinity Project (TIP) discussed starting a label and then recruited as partner Ian St Paul, who had managed Dragonfly for Youth at the beginning. Ian was also famous for his legendary acid house/balearic club nights; The Project Club, Future and most famously, Spectrum (which was instrumental in breaking the underground electronic music scene in London and the UK). Raja Ram and Graham Wood had met up in 1989 and decided to try and and make some electronic music. They had no equipment and little experience but eventually they had something that was playable. “Kickin With Borris” and to celebrate, they put on the first of the legendary “Tip” parties. It was the first Goa style party of its type in the UK. December 16th 1990.

Martin Freeland was invited down by Meru, manager of Fabulous Records, who was to release The Infinity Projects first single. Martin talks about being blown away by the experience of that party. At the same time Raja Ram and Graham were big fans of Martins releases including his new single Way Out West which was the first track under the name
Man With No Name. It featured samples from film, “The Good, Bad and The Ugly”. A great tune that was from the sound of London party scene 89/90 but before Trance. Before long they were meeting up at Corner studios with synths under their arms for a series of sessions that would start to define a new sound. Martin had already been successful in techno/house/acid music with Perfectly Ordinary People and Charm and his involvement at the early stages was pivotal…

The other early collaborators were Nick Barber of Doof and Simon Posford of Hallucinogen. Also both experienced with great production skills. Nick had had a record deal with the techno label of Mute Records, Novamute. Also on that label was Juno Reactor who introduced Nick to Youth at Dragonfly and Simon Posford (engineer at Dragonfly at the time). Simon then introduced Nick to Raj and Graham …at least that�s how we think it may have gone…anyhow after these connections of like minded talented guys and some parties later and a lot of Indian food and chillums at Youths
Butterfly Studios in Brixton… the sound that became known as Goa Trance started to take shape. At the time noone called it that. It was a term coined in the press from 95 onwards.. but while all artists did have their own sounds, a certain genre was forming. It sounded different to the Trance from Germany from labels such as Eye Q. It was new, their own, exciting..

how did the label start…An office was found in Finsbury Park down an industrial side alley and Tips first space was three rooms above a mechanical workshop. One room was decked out with backdrops, materials, a blacklight and nag champa incense burning along with the waft of chillum smoke. It was where we hung out, talked about the tracks, the parties, artwork and blasted some tunes…the second room was where we made our own sleeves, posters and tshirts by screen printing shivas with mixtures of fluro inks. The third room was the office with a simple tape deck, a second hand computer, printer, phone and fax.

It was in the Goa season of 94/95 that everything started to take shape and Richard Bloor was bought in by Ian. Richard had previously been working in club promotions at Deconstruction Records and together Ian and Richard set about releasing the Yellow cd.
The first singles were mainly white labels and went into sleeves that we screen printed ourselves. Richard and Ian would whizz them down to record shops themselves, with Zoom Records in Camden and Rough Trade in Portabello Road being the first and best places to buy the early releases. It was an amazing time looking back as we could never get records down to the shops quick enough. People were calling us constantly asking when they could have more. When we would arrive at Zoom, the place would be heaving and music blasting. And the shop asking us for info on our parties. Desperate to know whats going on and feed it to the rapidly expanding scene. And for good reason, the early Goa style parties of which Tip were famous for were the most dynamic, underground, intense party experience that you could have in early 90�s London. The club scene had gone almost totally Progresive House and the music, moves and fashions had become stilted and bland. Club Culture in the UK had gone mainstream and while this time was seen by many as the golden age of UK clubbing, for those liking things special, more underground, alternative, the club scene wash�t cutting it.

These were the days before Psy Trance and in fact before Goa Trance. They were called either just “Trance parties” or “Acid parties”. The dancefloors were a melting pot of shapes, sounds and energy with a mixture of people from all corners of London�s party map. Freaks, travellers, trusties making their own rules. Their own clothes, their own dance moves, freethinking, creativity…… Exciting times. We were onto something special…well not onto but within…it had grown around us and our friends like a psychedelic fungus…with all of our shared experiences in Goa as the epicentre, the motherland, the home of this great scene that 20 years later is still springing up in new countries around the world. This isn�t the only place that has spawned a scene of course. Famously a crowd of party people and DJ�s who went to Ibiza in 1987 took back the vibe to London and created the Balearic scene which inspired and boosted the careers of Tips� Ian St Paul along with Danny Rampling, Nicky Holloway, Paul Oakenfold etc. There is a curious link as both these places of hedonism and magic have been inspirational and made a big impact. They both had scenes since the 50�s/60�s and people would spend summer in Ibiza and Goa in the winter. In fact many people still do that, Chicago, Riktam and Bansi of 1200 Mics being an example but the difference is that while the “Balearic Scene” taken back from Ibiza in 87 was great, it was short lived. While the scene started in Goa has spread around the world and become surely the one true Global Underground music movement. It has a culture, almost a lifestyle attached to it and is beyond the endless fashions and fads of the more mainstream dance genres. And Ibiza still of course is a very influential and important place on the dance music map but it tends to now reflect what is going on in whats fashionable that year and become more marketed, less free than what it was. The scene started in Goa has its own entity, its own life. A living organism and people around the world have been inspired by it and created their own party scenes, their own music, their own take on it. The directions and paths its taken over the years are fascinating from the early beginnings. Where to next?'
The next member spotlight is shone on Graham Wood.

<span style="color:#000000;">

Sorry for the wrong and misspelled words and formatting issues I ain't trying to edit the post above I had a hard enough time posting it lmao (using a tablet), this history must be shared rofl!

Simon Posford is apparently working on a new Hallucinogen release, for a couple years now I guess.

Alright I'm gonna wrap up this history post series rant as I have bigger fish to fry but it was a pleasure, so to close it up let us shine the nostalgic spotlight on Anjee Sian (really has no material available to post here other than his work as a member of T.I.P.), Simon Posford, and Nick Barber (Doof).

No doubt Posford and Doofus have been discussed here already so I will just dig up somethin unique for each, and one more T.I.P. track to end this thang.

Last edited:
Can not get enough of this track. That synth that joins in just after 3:00 8o

^I'm going to have to check that one out. That track is unreal. :D

Psykovsky's new album is epic as well. I'm not sure if you could classify some of his tracks as psytrance. It's definitely not dark. %)

^ Aw, for a second you got me all excited, thinking that Psykovsky released another album in 2016! But yeah, I agree, Ksolntsu is really epic, one of my favorite psy albums of all time.

I have a question: are psytrance gatherings a good place to meet people and socialize, or is it more that you feel a general sense of community, but it's difficult to have any meaningful interaction over the loud pumping music?

Last edited:
^ Aw, for a second you got me all excited, thinking that Psykovsky released another album in 2016! But yeah, I agree, Ksolntsu is really epic, one of my favorite psy albums of all time.

I have a question: are psytrance gatherings a good place to meet people and socialize, or is it more that you feel a general sense of community, but it's difficult to have any meaningful interaction over the loud pumping music?
I find that psytrance parties more than most others are a great place to socialize. If you go outside here, it's remarkable how much more people you can find there talking than you would find at a more mainstream event. Probably has something to do with the fact that most psytrance parties in my country are free, illegal and you need to know people to find them. This attracts a whole lot of amazingly interesting people to meet :D

Yeah I've met a lot of interesting people at psytrance events. The small scene keeps the vibe and atmosphere intimate.

it's difficult to have any meaningful interaction over the loud pumping music?

I dunno man. My feet have a high affinity to the dance floor. It's kind of hard to socialize when the music is so good, you can't bare to leave the dance floor. :D