PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheAppleCore said:
I want to buy Skylon, but is there any place I can get it as a digital download (preferrably lossless)? I don't feel like buying CDs, more plastic shit...

why don't you just say you want to steal it rather than pay for it.

if you really just wanted a lossless rip you would buy it and do it yourself.

Psychedelic Gleam said:
why don't you just say you want to steal it rather than pay for it.

if you really just wanted a lossless rip you would buy it and do it yourself.

I don't want to steal it man... I'm all for supporting the artist. I just wondered if you could pay for a lossless download somewhere, rather than buying an actual physical disc (instant access to the music rather than waiting for it to arrive in mail, plus plastic = bad impact on environment).

But if I can't pay for a lossless download, I'll buy the CD...

There, I edited my previous post for further clarification.

Last edited:
TheAppleCore said:
I don't want to steal it man... I'm all for supporting the artist. I just wondered if you could pay for a lossless download somewhere, rather than buying an actual physical disc (instant access to the music rather than waiting for it to arrive in mail, plus plastic = bad impact on environment).

But if I can't pay for a lossless download, I'll buy the CD...

There, I edited my previous post for further clarification.

sorry for assuming. my bad.

...sadly, I have noticed full torrents of Skylon all in .flac format. Fuckers....

Man, I dunno why, but I can't seem to get over how awesome Younger Brother - The Last Days of Gravity is...

That album is sooo well crafted, rhythmically and melodically (IMO anyway).

I ~really~ advise anyone that likes Shpongle or Ott to check it out...

Psychedelic Gleam said:
sorry for assuming. my bad.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

That aside, Flowjob's new album, Zentertainment...is lush. Miles ahead of their first effort.

TheAppleCore said:
Man, I dunno why, but I can't seem to get over how awesome Younger Brother - The Last Days of Gravity is...

I was actually incredibly unimpressed by this album.

Sounds to me like the Jam Bands (disco biscuits) Simon has been playing with/around have rubbed off on him, and that just doesn't fit into my sonic aesthetic like it once did, sigh... The album to me, though a letdown, did hint at a potentially fascinating and stimulating future in the electro/acoustic combination...

Every track had a few sounds that were surprising and new but it didn't suck me along and sit in my player for months until I had memorized damn near every track on the cd, like his previous albums had done to me.

I imagine those who loved this album listen to more non-electronic music than I do currently.

Last edited:
TheAppleCore said:

I agree, its certainly my favorite release from Simon Posford et al.

I bought Skylon...

and WOW!!

This album is astoundingly beautiful... I started welling up with tears during "The Queen of All Everything"! "A Shower of Sparks" is another really beautiful track.

Really, the entire album is an awesome and emotional psybient/psydub listen though...

=D

^Cool, I actually just got it, and have yet to listen to it. Now I sense my bong and music-stuff calling me to embark.

V.A. - Opus Iridium is quite good. Ethereal's track Moondawn is awesome, but then anything Ethereal does is brilliant.

Ouch, rain knocked out the main rig at this weekend's party...Cosmosis ended up jamming in the chill-tent, which was quite an intimate experience to say the least. :p

Dalfir said:
Ouch, rain knocked out the main rig at this weekend's party...Cosmosis ended up jamming in the chill-tent, which was quite an intimate experience to say the least. :p

You're lucky you didn't have to see his current live set... :X

Haha, it is what I saw. :p Guitar and all, although it was hardly live. Few guitar riffs and space-bar on laptop.

^I just wish cosmosis would forget everything he produced after Contact- trancendance was Ok, but got boring quick. Contact, I remember buying that when it came out- it has such good memories attached to it...

Ott-Skylon= splendid. A great progression from Blumenkraft; excellenct production, beautiful melodies, some psychedelia. Love the eastern flavour that he injects very strongl into his music.

^Fucken love it. Have a scroll back through this thread, there is a bit of chat about it....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.