Not open for further replies.
FreedomOfTheMind said:
NEW YOUNGER BROTHER ALBUM- LAST DAYS OF GRAVITY

anybody like much?

yes is amazing. each listen it gets better and better

PinholeStar said:
'Tis a veritable masterpiece! :D

I must just not get it.

Its really the first posford album that only a handful of listens completely satisfied me, and I haven't picked it up since the release.

I think its the more traditional song structures, I feel I grasp in only a few listens, and they fail to engage me after that.

Last edited:
Spoonbill- Mgeafuana. Not trance, but awesome melbourne jazzy psychedlic weirdness. Fucking brilliant....

Last outdoor of the season was last weekend...Moving indoors till September. Lame.

Oh yeah, take a listen to Coma Sector. Awesome, evil, rolling psytrance.

^Damn seasons and stuff....we still got some nice outdoor doofs, but fucking freeezing.....must man up for them!

I got a great compilation called Edge from Nexus Records, pretty much saffatrance- Shift, Perplex, Slug- nice intelligent and hard psy. Looking forward to seeing Shift soon(ish).

There's a new Nexus V/A called Midnight Storm III, check that out. Think you'll dig it.

New act to look out for, Deleriant, has a track on the CD.

I'm liking Montagu and Golkonda - Pressure Punks on Blue Tunes records

ARW - Time Is Not Free <3

Anyone reccomend anything that is a bit more Trancey and melodic?

l13004915193_2619.jpg

Cape Town's the place to be :p

Shift is a pleasure live.

Is the new Midnight Storm comp as good as the last two?

Azax ripped it up last night...

Yes! Get Midnight Storm III. Very cool track selection and some sick Shift remixes.

Dalfir said:
Cape Town's the place to be :p

See, I actually think thats kind of sad, that theres psytrance workshops as such.... I mean, how are these artists ever going to make anything original sounding? Its fair to say that a LOT of the sth african trance sounds same-y- maybe thats why? I don't know, this is the reason I've been turned off psy in many ways; so formulaic.

Headroom - Artelligent (shit name :p) is pretty damn fat, nice bit of WOMP to it!

+1 for that Para Halu record someone mentioned.

swilow said:
See, I actually think thats kind of sad, that theres psytrance workshops as such.... I mean, how are these artists ever going to make anything original sounding? Its fair to say that a LOT of the sth african trance sounds same-y- maybe thats why? I don't know, this is the reason I've been turned off psy in many ways; so formulaic.

I really do agree that everyone coming out of the workshops will have that MMD sound (Hiyarant, Zion Linguist etc) but I really like the bond that local producers have...Most producers here have no problem with taking a newb under their wing.

And the Headroom album is OK...Nice production but the only track I really like is Will Never End.

V/A to recommend is Bundu Bashers from Amoeba Records, a South African V/A with artists from crime-ridden metropolis Johannesburg rather than Cape Town where most producers are from. The Joburg sound is pretty original, has a raw sound to it in contrast to the clear production of Cape Town acts, but it's not hard to listen to at all.

Very psychdelic.

^I really liked the Headroom trax on the Streamline comp. from a few years back...haven't heard much since.

Been listening to a bit of Chromosone and Andromeda....really like this guy, always sweet sounds, not very psy- more morning nostalgia music. As Andromeda, the production is very unique, lovely bass sound.

Also been liking a Prahlad track called Meditation. Surprsing, as it has the exact melodic structure I usually dislike, but it works nicely....Good woodsy vibe. :)

I can't really get along with Procs, I can see the appeal, and the foresty vibe is cool, but his music is too repetative and disharmonious for my liking.

The new Zen Mechanics album is fucking quality.

Proper driving, dark psychedelic music.

Good artwork aswell.

72e3bd9464717e0d77cef4baa4283560_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.