PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Infected Mushroom.....noice!! Shite venue, and a bit too much druqs, but these guys still blow the house down. Now the afterparty....I think not. :)

psycosynthesis said:
Decoy-Push Button Pony is incredible.

OTT's latest is great

that decoy album is nice. it's driving and calming at the same time. i can appreciate that sort of duality.

the new OTT release continues to be a sore spot for me. my normal music service isn't carrying the album yet and i'm dying to get a listen. everyone's talking about it :!

---

as for music and the deeper spiritual meaning, i dropped that pretense a while back. people think that if you add in a few tribal sounds and eat mind-altering substances out in the woods that you're a vehicle for some sort of transcendental message. psy enthusiasts seem especially prone to this attitude. maybe i'm jaded, but i just don't believe that playing music makes you some sort of holy messenger. in fact, i think it's a little bit ego-driven and narcissistic to be convinced that you're strengthening the underlying fabric of the universe by sharing a few tunes. it doesn't matter how many eastern samples are in your tracks or how passionate the djembe players are as they bang along to your set. there is no universal truth that we are all dancing to support. just try to get the hippies to actually organize and take action when the party's over and you'll see what i mean.

it doesn't matter how many eastern samples are in your tracks or how passionate the djembe players are as they bang along to your set. there is no universal truth that we are all dancing to support. just try to get the hippies to actually organize and take action when the party's over and you'll see what i mean.

QFT!! I think people just like to entertain the fantasy that psytrance is deep communication with the spirit world; and sure, tripping in the bush with banging music can be very "spiritual"- I consider fun spiritual in asmuch as anything is- but I actually prefer to not listen to psy when I'm tripping; its annoying at times.

I just purchased the Raja Ram anothology- three disks, Quinttessence, iNFINITY Project, and a mix of 1200/Shpongle etc. and he mentions going to Ibiza in 1961- and people were 'already sasying how it was better in the old days'... I think thats funny; all these jaded party folk stretching back through time. If you just aim to have fun, you can't really go wrong.

Incidentally, the anthology is cool, I love the Infinity Project stuff....just wish the second and third disks weren't mixed. Oh well... About to listen to Cujourious One- Creating A Second Sun, grabbed it today.Shall report back.

Peace and love and light and computer programs. ;)

latest IM is not psychedelic, it's pop trance. or not even trance?? lol,who could dance to it and get into a trance??!?!

who could dance to it and get into a trance

I don't really know any psy music that would put me in a trance to be honest. Earlier Goa stuff maybe, but modern psy is too quirky and tuff to 'induce trance'. IM put me in a weird giggly mood....I think I'll always love them, but I haven't heard anything from the new album except live. And I can't remember so....

Wizzy Noise was crap.

Hyperception from Aus is playing on easter along with Mr Peculiar, should be a fun party. :D

swilow said:
I don't really know any psy music that would put me in a trance to be honest. Earlier Goa stuff maybe, but modern psy is too quirky and tuff to 'induce trance'.

You just haven't taken enough acid, dude :p

I find that most "psychedelic" trance can entrance me - from old-school goa, through full-on like Green Nuns to mental night music like Highko.

Dalfir said:
Wizzy Noise was crap.

Hyperception from Aus is playing on easter along with Mr Peculiar, should be a fun party. :D

Hyperception/Mr P are good. You'll have fun!

^+23 to that, Mr P rox AND gives away is audio secrets. :)

Cujorious One- Creating A Second Sun; fantastic minmal fullon if tat makes sense from Zenon. Kind of techy trance with sparse sounds and awesome vocal samples.

has anybody heard "useless science" by troll scientists? i have been listening to this album every day for the past 2 months. top notch twisted-funky-squelchy-squeaky-slurpy-gritty-mystic-homebrew shroomy forest trance.

http://www.discogs.com/release/1187192

i can't even get out of bed in the morning until i've listened to 'vill du ha luft' at least 8 times...

Doesn't that Cujurious One have a ridicuolous cover where he's holding a ball of flame? lulz.

ooooh.
i saw Deviant Species play a set last Friday.
all i have to say is:

holy shit.

if you ever get the chance, definitely take it, and take a nice hit of acid while your at it.

i've never seen/heard anything like it.

psycosynthesis said:
Doesn't that Cujurious One have a ridicuolous cover where he's holding a ball of flame? lulz.

Yeah, kinda slick in a shirt and jacket...odd. Cool music though :)

^That whole remix album, "Ten" is pretty good- though it always makes me wanna put on the originals more! :)

Double R.E.L- Cereal Killahz....darkish psy from Israel, similar to Entropy and Terranoise, good stuff. Not constantly static basslines, nice little glitchy parts and too many reverse cymbals.

Somehow I also found myself getting into Vibe Tribe- Wise Crackers. Pure Israeli fullon, a friend left it in my car and its actually decent. I'm sure I'll loathe it within a week though ;) I've also been really getting into a CD called Arcana, beautiful psy chill/dub, featuring Eat Static, Don Peyote (!!), Zen Lemonade (Gus Tills chill project) and others....its an 'older' album, from around 2004 I think, and it sounds beautiful.

^Hahaha, you like the Astral Projection - Chaos (Bizzare Contact Remix) hahaha???

Sorry :)

^hahahahahahaha. I'm going to form a local club here in Australia. Give me a legitimate excuse to throw a party in my local park :)

Status
Not open for further replies.