PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Hmm, I certainly wouldn't call it dark at all. I think its actually a very tyypical perky and dull morning trance album....but thats just me. Me being jaded trance fan who prefers hating on things then praising.... On the other hand, Haltya- Book of Nature is still getting a good spin round my part.

^Add another thumb- Baphomet Engine is awesome. Do you have his album? Theres a track called The Barrows (I think) fucking unreal.

^Thats it yeah, "Dancing on The Barrows". I also like the "Looking for Dragons at Spitsbe" track too....good dark psy, without being so distracting that you can't trance out to it a bit.

^Yeah, I love all the funkee weird stuff...I think their sound is almost not psy trance; maybe acidclowncircusmusic. Whatever it is, its good. Maye psy-disco....the Book of Nature album has easily been my favorite trance album for the year..

Electro-Psy-Funk or something!

Who cares, they're great. :D

I am really not keen on "Borboleta Purpura" off the new haltya album though, sounds like a mashup between terrible lounge music and some old Shpongle tune.

Last edited:
The closest thing that I listen to that would possibly be considered psytrance would be 1200 Mics maybe? I listen to alot of Tiesto as well but he's mostly pure trance. Any specific suggestions for artists that will be easy to find? For a psytrance newbie :p

these are some of my favourite artists:

cosmosis
d-tek
eskimo
growling mad scientist
hallucinogen
juno reactor
logic bomb
s.u.n. project
scorb
wizzy noise
x-dream

alasdair

There was going to be a Psytrance rave in my town featuring

- Growling Mad Scientist 8o

- Eskimo

and a few other local Goa artists, but none of the stupid raver kids liked that music, so they just settled with the usual trance/house stuff(not that I mind, I love all kids of electronica)

but come on?!!! Eskimo and GMS?!! WTF!

A question of mine..

What psytrance tracks would go well with hardstyle and hardtrance?

btw.. first post XD

^Eh, they're worlds apart I reckon. So much more depth/layers/feeling to psy.
Probably some Loud, Astrix, John 00 Fleming (can't say I like his stuff though)...Hydrophonics have a bit of a hard trance sound.

P.S Welcome aboard.

Rapter said:
A question of mine..

What psytrance tracks would go well with hardstyle and hardtrance?

Some of the more industrial-ish groups use similar techy sounds to hardstye- Baphomet Engine is an example. For hardtrancey sounds- if you mean the sickly-sweet melodies- you'll be struggling, but for etheral and beautiful melodies, check out Protoculture (Refractions) and older Astral Projetion.... Though, as has been said, you won't find much that is like either styes in psy, though of course there are some crossovers. You might wanna listen to Kindzadza too for really technical weird and intense dark/neuro trance. By the way, welcome to old Bluelight :):)

At the moemnt, Im really loving a new suomi compilaation- Hippy Killer. Features all the best artists from Finland- Squaremeat, Pavel Simba, Salakavala, Mandalavandalz, Robomate.... Some seriously funky, groovy stuff there, nice production and such variety of sounds. Really good stuff. :) Highly recommended.

AgentSquish said:
There was going to be a Psytrance rave in my town featuring

- Growling Mad Scientist 8o

- Eskimo

and a few other local Goa artists, but none of the stupid raver kids liked that music, so they just settled with the usual trance/house stuff(not that I mind, I love all kids of electronica)

but come on?!!! Eskimo and GMS?!! WTF!

What, are you angry or happy?

Be prepared for them to not show up :)

liltokerboy said:
The closest thing that I listen to that would possibly be considered psytrance would be 1200 Mics maybe? I listen to alot of Tiesto as well but he's mostly pure trance. Any specific suggestions for artists that will be easy to find? For a psytrance newbie :p

1200mics, GMS, Protoculture, Hallucinogen, Prometheus, Astral Projection, maybe some Son Kite if you wanna dip into prog-psy a bit....these groups/artists are good starters. But really, they are the tip of a massive iceberg....delve through this thread and the archived ones and you'll find heaps of different reccomendations.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.