• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics & Telepathy

i've had lots of experiences like this too. on multiple occasions, two or three of us would be involved in a completely lucid conversation, but people on the outside thought we were talking gibberish (both dosed and sober). a friend of mine who is extremely well tripped, used to put me through old trips of his (kinda like pavlovian), and i had visual, auditory, and tactual what he had had. the trip of 1000 trips!
i've always thought it had to do with the group, on the same substance, being on the same plane for that. everyone was shaken from 'sober' state and put into a new state together, and stay close. this has worked for me, for explanation, pretty well. i've never put it into a system to test it though.
makes ya think

its cool when everyone is on the same "level"

its even funnier when everyone is somewhere different....

In my experience, psychedelics seem to help with connections between people. Although I think much of it can be chalked up to increased perceptiveness of nonverbal communication and energy exchange, I experience the phenomenon of "contact highs" quite frequently with my friends and wife. By which I mean, I'll be tripping, and on some occasions I will not have told anyone that I'm on something, and the whole group takes on a psychedelic air, and sometimes I've even had friends stop and say that they were seeing the carpet crawl and clouds morph. One my friend wondered if I had slipped him acid - I had of course not done so. :)

Actually, this has happened with a great variety of substances... I have little experience with LSD itself.

I have little experience with LSD itself.

Oh no! :D LSD has so much to offer; you should definitely make it a priority to explore it. I find it even more elegant than DOC; perhaps the most elegant of all psychedelics. Of course this is just IMO. %)

LSD beats the hell out of DOC, DOB, DOI ect.

It's the cleanest feeling, most profound psychedelic.

Better than 2c-e too.

2c-e is not really even comparable. 2c-e makes u think you've got insight but in reality it's just the synthetic euphoria that it forces on u that makes u think it is anywhere near profound. It's euphoric and visual, not not even close to as psychedelic as LSD or mushrooms.

I think I have had this or something close to this with my girlfriend. We would both say, "want to have a cigarette, want to go lay down, want to leave the room, want something to drink, want a piece of gum" theres more but i forget. This happens on mushies though

Oh no! :D LSD has so much to offer; you should definitely make it a priority to explore it. I find it even more elegant than DOC; perhaps the most elegant of all psychedelics. Of course this is just IMO. %)

I can never seem to find it, at all. And the times I have it's not done a lot, even when it was supposed to be good. I either have a very high tolerance naturally to it (or perhaps also acquired through loads of tripping), or I can never find good hits.

Either way, I really want to have a full-on LSD trip. I just never have.

Better than 2c-e too.

2c-e is not really even comparable. 2c-e makes u think you've got insight but in reality it's just the synthetic euphoria that it forces on u that makes u think it is anywhere near profound. It's euphoric and visual, not not even close to as psychedelic as LSD or mushrooms.

Well I wouldn't say that, personally. My most intensely profound trip was on 2C-E and it was terrifying, not euphoric in the slightest. I was experiencing the complete breakdown of reality and witnessing multiple instances of time at once. It definitely was not false insight.

I dunno, after I've taken trips for years on all sorts of psychedelics, I found that the differences between them all became somewhat less relavent, and that they were all sort of different doors into the same room. Where I used to be interested in the subtleties from plant to plant and compound to compound, I came to regard psychedelic drugs as a possible trigger to something inherent to consciousness more so than the sole factor causing the state itself.

Which is funny, because years ago it's something that a very experienced old hippie would tell me was going to happen if I were to continue, that I didn't take much stock in when he told me.

we are at the next stage of human evolution. click beep.

i just happen to be a telemarketer.

Actually I have had a lot of thought on somehobg like that, you see this is what I tblhink. Well as you all know, LSD clears the mind greatly. So as your growing up you do notice that people put filters on your mind, right? They tell you what's ring and wrong, they teach you how to speak they filter your mind and force you to think like a " normal person" let's think now... If our human mind was never tampered with, what would it be like? I think peoples minds would be so clear that simply you could read each others minds, know exactly what people are trying to say without any communication. Now, where LSD ties into all this is it clears your mind, clears all the filters... Enabling you to be able to sense auroras... Read eachithers mind.... You get it. If you think this is all a load of crap, well think...... How did people make up the first languages? They knew what each other meant right away.... I font know your opnion but that's what I think

Actually I have had a lot of thought on somehobg like that, you see this is what I tblhink. Well as you all know, LSD clears the mind greatly. So as your growing up you do notice that people put filters on your mind, right? They tell you what's ring and wrong, they teach you how to speak they filter your mind and force you to think like a " normal person" let's think now... If our human mind was never tampered with, what would it be like? I think peoples minds would be so clear that simply you could read each others minds, know exactly what people are trying to say without any communication. Now, where LSD ties into all this is it clears your mind, clears all the filters... Enabling you to be able to sense auroras... Read eachithers mind.... You get it. If you think this is all a load of crap, well think...... How did people make up the first languages? They knew what each other meant right away.... I font know your opnion but that's what I think

a lot of good points you made there. another thing that happens with mushrooms and lsd is that people start experiencing having multiple thoughts at once, recieving answers to questions immediately, recieving answers to questions they could never answer before, but when they come down they cant remember the answers. you know what i think this means? some psychidelics accelerate the thought process allowing the human mind to comprehend those big questions that we cant even begin to comprehend now. its an interesting thought. i might post a thread on it.

the human mind is a complex pattern analysis machine. psychadelics can (and IME do), amplify that ability to analyze and extract meaning and patterns from everything around us. the ability to extract a pattern is key, because once you understand how a pattern works, you're able to make predictions more accurately. perhaps this telepathic sense is the ability to more accurately predict a persons behaviour based on amplified pattern analysis by the brain?

Beautifully put. I personally think such feelings are totally down to the above description of non verbal communication. As Roger & Me has stated, we communicate more info non-verbally (& usually are unconcious of such things) than we ever do verbally. That's how people like Derren Brown (& other mentalists - an unfortunate term if you're a fan of Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge character/series =D) seem to be able to read people's minds and make them do what they want - they've practised conciously interpreting nonverbal data. LSD et al basically deluge the pattern recognizing aspects of human brain function with a shitload of sensory data that usually gets filtered out & never reaches the concious level, hence it seems like telepathy

Nice post. :) I think it's probably human nature to develop filters for the input coming in... otherwise we'd remain as infants all our lives, unable or barely able to function because the sheer amount of unfiltered data would be impossible to sort through. However, the specific filters put in place are up for debate. It so happens that in our societies, for the most part, ideas of telepathy and senses beyond the fifth are primarily disbelieved. Many children display these characteristics, but they have it stamped out of them by a society who is telling them that such abilities are their imaginations, that they're not real. But what if we had been raised to listen to those thoughts and feelings? We might have an entirely different perspective on what abilities we as humans possess. We'd have different filters of various kinds, though.

But yes, that's one of the great things about psychedelics. They temporarily remove or weaken the filters we have up in our minds, which can allow us to experience something new or see something in a new way, if we open ourselves to it.

Better than 2c-e too.

LSD is the cleanest feeling psychedelic in my opinion also, aside from how good it is at everything else the way it feels so natural and friendly easily make it my favorite. Ive never felt threatened by it even when taking the wash which was incredibly strong.

I can't handle some of the side-effects of LSD. I find it to be less clean feeling to me than psilocybin. And the 2Cs (at least the ones I've tried) feel rough as hell to me.

The vasoconstriction is something I always noticed, and (I presume) is responsible for the hit-or-miss tendency of LSD to give me a headache. About a third of the time, it'll give me a headache that really doesn't feel good, causing me to regret taking it. I haven't had this headache happen from any other psychedelic. I tend to take very large doses of LSD when I will take it, though.

^ as far as I'm aware, vasoconstriction doesn't occur with LSD til you hit the several milligram range...

In reference to the posts regarding telepathy, I feel a bit like a cheesedick quoting myself, but I'm gonna do it anyway... ha. Here's a relevant (i feel) post from the "A very interesting idea" thread...
sometimes people forget what a highly suggestible state lsd and many other psychedelics put the user in. Charles Manson did basically the same thing to the people he brainwashed. I'm certainly not comparing the OP to Manson, because he obviously wasn't intentionally trying to make other people believe he was telepathic.

The aztecs, maya, and incas all used various entheogenic flora in their religous practices. However, if you read a lot about them, the rituals involving psychedelics were predominantly a system of control (as is the goal of most, possibly all, organized religions). The combination of the suggestible states of the users and some rather complex theatrics convinced most of the population that the priest class had divine powers and was to be obeyed absolutely.

They certainly beleived that the plants had enlightening abilities, and no argument there, but telepathy and other supernatural phenomenon associated with psychedelics are, in my opinion, mostly the result of the user attributing the acute effects of the intoxication, and the novel state of mind they produce, to something they want to believe in. After this occurs once an expectation bias can strengthen this aspect of the experience. There is also a psychological phenomenon called "over-estimation of the commonality of experience" which may account for some of what you're experiencing.

All this is, of course, in addition to increased perception of non-verbal cues.

^Hmm. I never hit the several microgram range for sure (WTF? Yikes!), but I certainly was taking large doses, and the stuff that was going around was definitely strong. I have a pretty diminished response to psychedelics for some reason, so I was taking more than most of the people with me were taking.

Maybe it's psychosomatic, but I do seem to get a sort of peripheral effect from the stuff some of the time. Could be do to other things too, I imagine, like caffeine consumption during the day, or hydration or stuff like that.

I tend to think that telepathy under psychedelics is probably not a genuine sort of telepathy, at the same time I have noticed some types of phenomena related to strong human connection to be enhanced through psychedelics.

A person that I shared a strong aesthetic connection with, who was an artistic partner of mine for a while got to know the way my mind works with regards to visual phenomena and perception. We were very easily able to fill eachother's thoughts out. Our understanding of eachother's visual aesthetic seemed especially profound when we would trip together. We could describe things to eachother, and visualize them very well. We would often wind up creating things as if out of one another's minds. I chalk it up to the enhanced activity of the visual cortex for one, particularly the ability to visualize things inside the mind, and the enhanced sense of empathy from the serotonergic effect of the drugs. I could understand how a person could misinterpret a strong understanding of someone and ability to 'fill the blanks' as a telepathic sort of link, but I don't see it as that. However, I don't feel that it's any less profound.

^^^Great description, that last paragraph in particular is what I'm talking about, Nibiru.

Just want to make sure people are aware I don't think I have superpowers while using LSD, telepathy is the most convenient word to describe the profound connection of minds that I experience when using acid in a group of people, especially if they are people I already felt close to, or (to go with the theory of non-verbal cues) found extremely easy to 'read.'

^Hmm. I never hit the several microgram range for sure (WTF? Yikes!), but I certainly was taking large doses, and the stuff that was going around was definitely strong. I have a pretty diminished response to psychedelics for some reason, so I was taking more than most of the people with me were taking.

Maybe it's psychosomatic, but I do seem to get a sort of peripheral effect from the stuff some of the time. Could be do to other things too, I imagine, like caffeine consumption during the day, or hydration or stuff like that.

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure it's LSD you're getting? DOXs are pretty common in some places to be passed off as LSD, and DOC in particular feels a lot like LSD (I like it better actually). But the DOXs can cause vasoconstriction for sure, and more peripheral effects, such as headaches.