• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and "hard" drugs

What the relationship between your use of "hard" drugs and psychedelics?

• I don't use "hard" drugs.

Votes: 139 31.2%
  • My hard drug use came before my psychedelic use.

Votes: 84 18.9%
  • My psychedelic use came before my hard drug use.

Votes: 162 36.4%
  • I quit using hard drugs after I got into psychs.

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • I quit using psychs after I got into hard drugs.

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • I simultaneously began using hard drugs and psychs.

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
I said "I quit using psychs after I got into hard drugs" although 'quit' isn't really the right word.

I haven't done psychedelics since I got into my hard drug use (opiates) but I know I will again sooner or later. My problem is that I've been using opiates as a sort of crutch in what is hopefully just a rough patch in my life. I feel that if I trip I will either freak out or have a breakthrough experience.

Psychedelics have always been my passion even though I haven't used them all that much. Everyone is right in saying that they are on a whole different level. Ironically, when I got into the harder drugs I felt like they were easier day to day drugs to use than cannabis or any psychedelic. Can't wait to try DMT one day.....

my first hard drug was ice horible poison thats what that is- i never did it again after my first acid trip well i might have i cant remember sfuff in order point beeing acid>ice/coke everything relly better that anything!!!

I started using psychedelics after years of marijuana use. I now use heroin/ opiates on average 3 to 5 times a month. So i chose the psychedelics first option. I have yet to IV heroin, I find it so lovely via insuflfation that sticking myself with a needle just doesn't seem worth it.

*kicks self for IVing dope!*

Actually in retrospect I voted improperly for psychedelics first, hard drugs after. Freshman year of high school I started out on Vics and 40mg OC's. Then came ganja, then mushrooms, then ecstasy, then coke, then LSD. Alcohol fits somewhere in there but seeing as I could give a fuck less about alcohol I won't mention it. Also benzos and amp scripts.

Tea - tobbacco - alchohol - cannabis - psilocybin - ketamine - DMT/salvia

I've always considered most psychedelics as hard drugs!!!

^^ How can they be hard when they treat you so kind???
But dont dabble into the "hard" drugs" that we speak of and keep your definition of "hard drugs" for sure. <3 to you Jackdaw!

Can a mod change the poll to have a poll option about concurrent use of psychedelics and hard drugs? I would love to vote, but thats my answer.

Or, psychedelics I take to expand my mind, opiates I take to quiet my mind. To some degree, again, probably more than I'd like to admit, I use opiates to forget some of the scarier things that psychedelics have shown me. Now, I'm strung out on dope. Kind of a counter-productive, viscous cycle. And then, psychedelics have at times helped me gain perspective about how my use of drugs has caused me problems. They've helped me immensely in what is now 8 months of sobriety from alcohol, which was a very serious problem for me. Now I'm getting in trouble with heroin. I'm weighing my options carefully. Do I try to use a psychedelic trip to set myself straight? Or what?

I relate to this perfectly. My first trip did make me realize how bad my opiate/benzo use had gotten. Its been a while since then and while I haven't completely stayed away from opiates I have cut down significantly. To be honest I think the best is psychs and opiates together =]

I have been on suboxone for almost 2,5 years now. I do psychedelics once or twice a month. I voted psychedelics first, but actually remembering back I did try amphetamine before I tried any psychedelics.

I haven't found opioids to synergize with psychedelics at all. What kinda bugs me is that I can't smoke salvia because of the bupre medication. I'd like to try to get a decent salvia experience some day.

i started off using alcohol speed and painkillers.
then i got into acid, shrooms, morning glory seed, other psychedelics, and cannabis.
then i got heavily into dxm, which is a hard drug that makes you trip.
after that i went through a phase of drinking 40s, smoking weed, eating kratom, and smoking salvia.
then i got into gaba drugs hardcore.
now i'm back in a dxm phase with a touch of neurontin picamilon phenibut and a beer or two thrown in on my non dex days. (i guess i'm still in a gaba drug phase, i just have dxm days and gaba days.