• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and "hard" drugs

What the relationship between your use of "hard" drugs and psychedelics?

• I don't use "hard" drugs.

Votes: 139 31.2%
  • My hard drug use came before my psychedelic use.

Votes: 84 18.9%
  • My psychedelic use came before my hard drug use.

Votes: 162 36.4%
  • I quit using hard drugs after I got into psychs.

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • I quit using psychs after I got into hard drugs.

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • I simultaneously began using hard drugs and psychs.

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
I used pot then XTC then abused speed then came on the LSD.... Psychedelics are my favorite though I pretty much don't do hard drugs anymore oh apart from coke.

I know this isnt considered a hard drug but the highest high ive ever gotten was from Salvia 60x... two big bong hits, and I was in another world.. tripped way harder off anything else ive ever taken.. although only lasted a couple minutes. its crazzzzzzzzyyy..

^Salvia is not so much hard as jagged and sharp id say ;)

i agree w/jagged and sharp...*but i'll elaborate :)*
i'm picturing like pressing up against a 90 degree corner or something, like That kind of sharp...not as much scissor or knife sharp from what i remember.

like 'being poked like this is not very comfortable' kind of jagged/sharp.

not like jagged rocks or nails 'this really hurts' kind of jagged/sharp.

A massive dose of LSD got me to stop smoking base. Bill Wilson the founder of AA got clean after Al Hubbard gave him LSD.

My first drug use other than weed and alcohol was mushrooms. After that I tried acid and continued to use both mushrooms and acid relatively often. Somewhere along the line I tried heroin and ended up becoming dependent and eventually went to treatment against my will (I had stopped slamming a month before.) Since then my drug use has mainly been psychedelics including a large amount of RCs.
I still do some x and coke, but just as party drugs. I haven't touched opioid drugs in months and rarely take benzos. For me, that is pretty clean. I don't drink, either.

^ Traditionally speaking, I would suggest that drugs of addiction - opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, etc. - would be considered to be "hard" drugs.

Psyches is just different entirely :).

I've pretty much tried drugs in the order they become available to me. I got introduced to cocaine and pain pills, gave them up completly for a few years of tripping and occasional beer/joint. Now I'm back to them 'cuz the payout is much more predictable.

I used to consider myself a tripper or "psychonaught," as though my drug exploration was some fantastic journey or enlightenment. I romancitized the thought of tripping... I think I was just arrogant and delusional.

I haven't tripped at all since I started back on the "hard stuff" except for my monthly DXM trip. I still have a lot I could learn, I'm just being lazy and high...

I've lived around the state of Alaska... The tripping scene is pretty small... Everyone wants the hard stuff. Mostly coke or alcohol. Pain pills are still viewed with a bit of a stigma among most folks (even the dealers). Maybe if I could find someone to share the trip with, I could return to the old schedule. Not because I think its healthier... It's just a lot cheaper.

Also, I feel its ironic that my DMT-trips helped me decide to return to hard drugs... The experience is pure love, why did I decide to forsake it? I'm still not sure...

Last edited:
Chiming in a few months later for a 'study-in-progress' (n=1), I will say that as my use of LSD increased, my consumption of virtually everything else has decreased. Even cannabis, which was really my crutch (even if it might not be worthy of the title of "hard"), has decreased dramatically.

Everyone has a certain chemical that "completes" them, I think it is lucky that mine has virtually no ill physiological effects.

I did most hard drugs before I did any psych's, unless you count DXM as a psych which I dont. After weed I started on the meth and MDMA, then a few years later I think I tried LSD and ketamine

Riemann Zeta said:
Chiming in a few months later for a 'study-in-progress' (n=1), I will say that as my use of LSD increased, my consumption of virtually everything else has decreased. Even cannabis, which was really my crutch (even if it might not be worthy of the title of "hard"), has decreased dramatically.

Everyone has a certain chemical that "completes" them, I think it is lucky that mine has virtually no ill physiological effects.

How often are you using LSD, out of curiosity?

OP - nice 13 point bolt!

def got into psychedelics way before hard drugs. i have recently been eating lots of morphine and snorting dope. i realize this isnt healthy but i have been able to not become addicted. although i do have problems with other substances. its just an escape lately because of a lot of shit that has been going on.

either way, when it comes to hard drugs - im a weekend warrior

Well psychedelics have always been my main interest and were the first that I actually got experience with. Since then I've had a very short lived affair with heroin/opiates which I quickly wised up about and got as far away from as possible along with a lifelong relationship with amphetamine/stimulants (but never cocaine - I don't like it) that has run parallel with my psychedelic use, but has reduced in volume quite a bit over the past few years (never had any sort of relationship with CNS depressants other than the usual teenage infatuation with alcohol, but that was never problematic use).

The only concern I have regarding my drug use these days is my (to continue the love/relationship analogy) my 'crush' on ketamine, which despite the fact that most people wouldn't consider it a hard drug can grasp you firmly by the bollocks when it comes to psychological addiction/compulsive use. Even that is only a mere shadow of what it's been in the past though.

In terms of effects on my life, psychedelics have definitely had a positive effect, amphetamines & ket a questionable status as I've benefitted from their use as well as suffered, but anything else I've used, even if non-problematically, has been in the negative column when it comes to checks & balances (and I'm glad that I no longer have a recreational relationship with any of them - theraputic doesn't really count as I occasionally have to resort to methadone for phantom limb pain if cannabis is unavailable, but I never use it recreationally)

PS I lumped cannabis in under the psychedelic grouping

May I ask how and what problematic negative effects ketamine had on you F&B?

I forgot to mention that the first time I ever did acid I ended up quitting cigarettes and weed consumtion(which was daily at the time) for about 2 months and I quit all other hard drugs for 6+ months which is the longest ive had a break to this day. I think LSD has much more potential to positively or negatively affect and influence life after the trip whereas most other psychedelics are used for fun in my case and life isnt changed as dramatically as after an acid trip.

SOMETIMES I bring something improtant back from an RC trip or something else but its usually alot more subtle and not as easy to use the things youve learnt after, my recent DOC trip helped me alot with working out why I use hard drugs IV and helped me realize how much I want to stop and the how real the possibility of me quitting Iv use really is, I actually think its going to happen and I doubt I would think this way without psychedelics.

Xorkoth: around 3 times per month on average. For a little while over the summer, I was able to throw some DMT into the mix as well, so that may have also served as a catalyst.

Last edited:
May I ask how and what problematic negative effects ketamine had on you F&B?

Reached the point where I became obsessed with sex & the relationship between orgasm & dissociatives (much more obsessed than my usual state of mind =D), such that it was causing chaos in my personal life. It was due to a month of John Lilley scale consumption of a big pile of S isomer.

These days I keep it to an occasional tipple (no more than once a month) and it causes no problems (other than mrs f&b being a bit spooked finding me well gone in a k-hole, hence only use when she's not in eg nightshift)