• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and "hard" drugs

What the relationship between your use of "hard" drugs and psychedelics?

• I don't use "hard" drugs.

Votes: 139 31.2%
  • My hard drug use came before my psychedelic use.

Votes: 84 18.9%
  • My psychedelic use came before my hard drug use.

Votes: 162 36.4%
  • I quit using hard drugs after I got into psychs.

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • I quit using psychs after I got into hard drugs.

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • I simultaneously began using hard drugs and psychs.

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
swilow said:
Theres also an eltist attitude towards people that find psychedelics enlightening. ;) Each to their own.

Yeah.. I know. It's hard to put myself on one side of the line or the other. I've seen and done so much, I know there are higher forces at work, and much of this is due to my use of psychedelics. If there is a notion of God, or of That Thing, It, whatever you want to call it... it came from my trips. And I am eternally grateful for that, but it doesn't make me better than the next guy who found it some other way. *(Not on drugs)

So it's really hard. I LOVE psychedelic drugs and tripping, and as I have heard someone else put it, there will always be a part of me that rides the eternal winds.

But if you met in in everyday life, you'd never know. :)

B9 said:
Nah it's subjective - the subject can be delusional sometimes - or cynical or neither.

Or just plain b9?

^ Hopefully yes - actually that probably covers all the parameters I mentioned in that post.

These dividing lines between "hard drugs" and non-hard drugs are really baffling to me. Drugs have different effects, and people take them for different reasons, and get different experiences. So me talking about soft versus hard is like the arguments for/against casual sex/sex within a commitment, or gay sex versus straight sex. The questions are why are you doing it? And how are handling your use?

When I was a little kid, LSD was what meth is now: the MONSTER drug, the Big Evil. We were told, by parents and teachers, etc, that if you took "acid" even one time, you would be totally and permanently crazy, forever. But it wouldn't matter, because LSD would make you think you could fly and you'd jump off a building and end up splatted on the sidewalk. I recall watching at least 3 or 4 TV shows that featured this "I took LSD, I can fly" scenario. I think one of them was "Starsky and Hutch".

Now it's the soft-alternative station. Funny how things change...

I think that's why the quotes are around the hard...Speaking of what is generally considered by the public to be 'hard'
though I'm sure psychedelics fall into that category.

^yes. A lot of people consider LSD to be a "hard" drug (a big pet peeve of mine), but for the purposes of this discussion, I think we all know what is meant by "hard drugs" -- coke, amphetamines, opiates ...

I wish there was an in between option.
I just kind of fell into a drug quest by accident after a couple of incidents- the first time that I realized dextroamphetamine was BOMB, and when I got real MDMA the first time. All of the sudden there I was, decided that drugs were cool and I wanted to learn more. My initial motive was just for the experience- I wanted to be able to say that I had tried pretty much everything. But after awhile my innate curiosity and love of physiology took over, so I dove into studying- and educating myself. The drug use continued (and grew), but I feel as is the growth has been even in all directions- hence, there is no before or after, or growth/decrease. It's been an all-around inrease of everything, for the most part.

My drug use was casual up until the time I was 15, some bad things happened in my life and I started using hard drugs frequently. I did mushrooms once during that time period but I had a bad trip, and I was unable to understand the experience. I finally got arrested after passing out at school with drugs on me and spent awhile on probation. While on probation I sobered up but became increasingly interested in psychs for reasons unknown to me, I finally got to try acid when I was 16... within the next few months I stopped using all drugs except psychs, MDMA, and weed. My life is a lot better now.

^ Similar to me Ugster, as we have talked about. I tried mushrooms when i was 7th grade and ate 3.5g, flipped out and had ego death and was like fuck psychs (had no idea what I was doing.) Throughout high school, I proceeded to get very into drugs, and got very into cocaine, opiates, and other pharms. I was pretty addicted to opiates for a good portion of 10th-11th grade and eventually my parents put me in outpatient and even though a lot was bullshit, it helped me realize my limits and what i wanted in life. I then stayed sober for about a year, and started smoking marijuana after that. I tried MDMA about 1.5 yrs ago and it resparked my interest in psychs and now I use psychedelics, cannabis, occasional MDMA, and occasional alcohol very responsibly and all is good. I use them with more spiritual purposes in mind, rahter to get fucked up, except booze obvio.

I tend to shun the hard drugs, after a brief dabbling. I prefer enlightening mind expanding drugs, not mind-contracting drugs. But, that's just me. :)

specialr

Cannabis, then occasionally wet shrooms (when they were legal in UK).. After that it was coke, alot of MDMA, alot of speed, a bit of LSD, etc.. etc..

So psychedelics came first, but i've always loved my amps. (Coke sucks tho)

Yeah, the term 'hard drugs' is not a good option.

I chose it, nevertheless, because I never used opiates or some similar major hypnotic/sedative, I have minimal coke experience and regarding my speed use in the year 2002 and a couple of times later ~ it was not never habitual tough, so, even though it had perfect powerfull effects on me and did it quite a lot of times, I never found it to be addictive.

The first drug I had ever tried was actually cocaine. I first smoked marijuana 1.5 years later. I actually got pretty bad into cocaine and then after I had cleaned up for the most part I was introduced into psychedelic drugs... they really launched me in a new direction and I appreciate them for that. I still dabble with drugs now and again (namely MDMA... never cocaine) and I've recently tried methamphetamine.. something I don't plan on trying again... So yes, I used hard drugs first and then psychedelics became my new thing.

Personally, I can't be a heavy user of a hard drug and still trip. I would kill myself with analysis of my problem and why the fuck I'm doing what I'm doing.

isotopic_parody said:
Personally, I can't be a heavy user of a hard drug and still trip. I would kill myself with analysis of my problem and why the fuck I'm doing what I'm doing.
exactly! i had quite an unpleasant experience thinking about (actually it was more like the acid confronting me in a completely non-gentle way ;) ) my relationship to opiates on my first acid trip. i have not touched opiates since and have no plans to ever do so again.

I just don't do hard drugs. The only time I ever did cocaine was when it was laced on my pot, and I loved the high. Never done it since. I also have fucked around extensively with hydrocodone, but realized that there's nothing to be gained from snorting pain pills. So, I refuse to do them- I can't risk the addiction factor.

And I see plenty of opportunity and variety in the wide range of psychedelics that are available. I personally could never see myself using heroin, cocaine, or speed.

I also promised myself that I wouldn't.

My first drug besides alcohol was LSD....and up until about 5 years ago, I had never, ever, used coke or anything like that. I tried coke, it was ok, nothing special at all. Coke for me, blah...I can get as much by drinking large amounts of caffeine, it's a drug with no soul.

I won't touch heroin, pharms, meth, etc. It's good pot, mushies, x, or lsd for me. I would like to try 2cb one day as well...

opiates are the only hard drug I'd do cause they don't cause a come-down or aggressive behavior.

Also unlike speed/coke. They don't fuck with your body/brain chemistry hard.

I used opioids long before I got the chance to trip. Of course, I'm talking about hydrocodone, but for a long time, that was my main vice. I started trying heroin after my first couple of trips, but I barely had any problems with brown; vicodin was what I wanted more, oddly.

crack, coke, meth, pharmies
i'v done them all.

I tried things like e, shrooms and acid first but i never excluded "hard drugs" from things i would try.

Lucky for me i never got into any of the above listed hard drugs (except for a short stint with meth about 5 years ago) and always prefered psyhedelics and empathogens.

Although speed or coke are fun for sex every once in a while psychedelics are so much better.

The only hard drug i use on a semi regular basis is heroin.
I find the high to be superior to pharmaceutical opioids and it doesnt hurt the pocket as much.
Also i have never had a problem with my heroin use (and pharmaceutical opioids before that). I use on average about 2 times a month, sometimes a lil more other times a little less. And i keep it to insufflation and not needles (though i am quite curious about IV heroin).