• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and "hard" drugs

What the relationship between your use of "hard" drugs and psychedelics?

• I don't use "hard" drugs.

Votes: 139 31.2%
  • My hard drug use came before my psychedelic use.

Votes: 84 18.9%
  • My psychedelic use came before my hard drug use.

Votes: 162 36.4%
  • I quit using hard drugs after I got into psychs.

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • I quit using psychs after I got into hard drugs.

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • I simultaneously began using hard drugs and psychs.

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
1: psychedelic use has exposed to me the pointlesness of a truly empty hedonistic high. I have no interest and expect to never have any interest in the mainstream circus of dangerous and addictive drugs. i think society, culture, family and friends and truly the psychedelic experience has taught me many times the dangers of meth, heroin, crack, cocaine etc and to live a life of integrity, positive habits and good health... to the point where i find it ridiculously dumb for someone to ignore the blaring warning signs just to try it out for themselves as if they dont get it until they are stuck in it.

my first drug apart from cannabis and alcohol was mushrooms. this sparked my interest in drugs in general.. stuff like MDMA. AMT. 2C-B. Ketamine, GHB, 2C-T-21, 2C-T-7, LSD..

I would say ibogaine might be something your looking for, i really want my dad too try it but i guess he is too old for that type of stuff..

I would defiantely reccomend a tryptamine of somesort to put everything back into perspective tho :)

Personally I think LSD is a way harder drug than heroin. It has had a much more negative impact on my life than "hard drugs" but it has also resulted in truely cathartic experiences that I have gained so much from. Powerfull psychs are just on a whole different plane than body drugs, they are both more dangerous and more rewarding.

I no longer use psychs becuase I got the message and thu hung up the phone. Hard drug use was never an issue in my life and maintain that it never will be. Psychs and cannabis (a psychedelic IMO) are the only compounds that I feel are addictive in a compulsive way.

Haven't done any hard-drugs (although I wouldn't quite call any drugs "hard," I know what you mean). Psychedelics are too good, all I'd ever want. :D

I voted for "my psychedelic use came before my hard drug use," however I don't really use hard drugs. I've done coke a few times a couple years back and I like to dabble in MDMA a few times a year, but that's pretty much it.

Apart from alcohol and cannabis, mushrooms is what has snared my interest in psychedelics, using MDMA, 5-MeO-DMT, 2C-E, LSD, and has shifted my idea of a career from theoretical physics to psychopharmacology. Hard drugs, such as stimulants and opiates are not at all of intrigue, partly to their instant gratification, of course leaving a want for more, and the only sense of body, less mind intense experience. I have been using these psychedelics I hope for a more spiritual arousal after a seemingly +++1/2+ trip on psilocybin, where very real sense of violence and suicide came to the surface, lucky for me a course I'm taking regarding the study Hinduism and Buddhism kept my toes on the ground during this frightening and enlightening experience.

I used hard drugs before psychedelics only because that is what was available. I had always been much more interested in psychs but they were impossible for me to find until ~17.

Heroin did its number on me, seems typical. I took some acid the other night and it made me realize why I fell in love with that drug in the first place. Acid is a good drug to take IMO. It made me evaluate my past, present, and future, and to make changes accordingly.

There will always be some overlapping I guess. I love me some heroin but if I had to choose between opiates (my "hard" love) and psychedelics, psychs would win hands down.

The ego needs a good smashing every once in a while. It was like a reset button in my brain was pressed. Good times. Good vibes.

MasterOfDeception said:
Elaborate on this ... :]

Despite recognizing an increasingly heavy toll on my mental well being I continued to use psychs. Never even got to that point with opiates or amphetamines. Cannabis was particularly problematic for me and I will always be severely mentally addicted regaurdless of how long I am drug free.

I snort and smoke meth for pure hedonism/amplified drinking ability occaisonally. I actually quite like it. However, I always maintain my use to one night, and I always attempt to sleep. The bad end of meth starts when you've been up a few days and keep using...

I started tripping a long time before I ever did coke or or morphine or anything like that. I actually started smoking crack because of the tripping because it would make me trip way harder.

I initially began my drug quest about 12 years ago looking for the "hardest" drugs I could find- LSD was among them in my mind, as was MDMA, heroin, speed, coke etc. I naturally started taking MDMA then LSD and then speed, cocaine, and then ever upwards, into more exotic and demented psychedelics and also more addictive things such as pharmaceuticals (mainly benzo's and sleeping pills) and opiates (opium, morphine, heroin, codeine). I limit my use DRAMTICALLY of opiates because I feel their pull even after a single use. However, I snared myself on valium, mainly taken for anxiety which of course exacerbated it and thusly I have to take quite a lot now to simply maintain. Frustrating but liveable.

Psychedelics can open your eyes in ways that may actually be 'delusional'. I initally started scorning societies ideas of safety and legality and, seeing it as a game (which it largely is, but with some rules) tried to invent my own rules; such as being able to take silly amounts of addictive drugs and alchohol and whatnot, as well as ingesting LSD at a stupid rate. I don't think, had I not taken psychedelics, that I would have ever injected anything, and I don't say that as a completely bad thing; its simply that I saw through the irrational fear our cultures have of such drug use, and the pathetic stigmatising. However, did that mean that I had to go and actually do these things? Absolutely not, and thats the 'delusion' part.

I wish psychedelics weren't considered drugs in many ways, becasue I think we all have a little vault in our brains where we label things, and society deems psychedelic substances to be almost purely a drug; not a medicine (which can be the same thing yes) or a sacrament or even a living-spirit. Thats unlikely to change.

I think that if your hedonistic at all, then your naturally going to be probing the barriers of conciousness with any manner of drugs and ideas. It makes sense that psychedelic users are into other concousness altering methods. I personally find opium and morphine especially to be very 'mind-manifesting' (not saying psychedelic) and so there is also that appeal. Benzos and general trnaquailisers, I couldn't justify in such a way :) ;) excpet perhaps zolpidem, but my tolerance allows me to eat whatever 12.5mg X 18 is in 10 hours. Blerggh... The 'first' drug experimenters, like Crowley, were using peyote and hash, but consider things like cocaine and heroin to be 'vessels of the spirit'. Times have changed, but the drugs haven't. Well, they've simply gotten "better" if you want. Anyway, end rant. :)

the beginning of my use of psychedelics marked the end of my use of pretty much any other drugs except marijuana (a psychedelic in its own right). there have been a few exceptions, but they have all been failed experiments, never to be repeated again. i avoid even beer, now. i used to be basically a garbage disposal for psychoactives, & that long experience taught me to hate the mentality i had.

psychedelics are just too good to want anything much, & they are the only drug that have a hugely & consistently positive effect on me.

I used weed and trips throughout highschool. I was a very heavy and frequent tripper - by far the biggest I knew. Mostly LSA, mushrooms, whatever acid I could find, research chemicals, I pioneered all of this and brought it to my circle of friends. I was "that kid". No hard drugs though. A little DXM here, some Vicoden there, nothing big. I'd get drunk somethings although seldom because it would be me throw up.

By the time I got to college I was very experienced in psychedelic drugs. I felt a certain amount of pride from that, and somehow that I was innately better than other people because of my experiences, and because of what I "knew" or had seen and done. Maybe some can relate. Anyway.. I got into coke and ecstasy (both drugs I had never used) and I rode that wave for all it was worth. Basically I stopped tripping at that point, or it ceased to be spiritual. It was still profound, but just in a recreational way. I have been face to face with God before and after using hard drugs, but afterwards, it just seemed more like a fantastic high than anything else.

The hard drug/s I am speaking of is mainly cocaine. I don't trip much anymore (well compared to the "average" citizen I do, but not compared to my hayday) I've tripped probably about 6-7 times in the past 6 months. Don't like shrooms anymore.

I mean shit, I'll combine coke with my trips, if its a good time, why the hell not? I could only take the self-exploration thing so far, and only be so serious about it until I said fuck this, theres nothing that psychedelics can make me realize that I can't realize without them. Like many other things, it can be a crutch.

As such, I'm mainly a fan of booze, blow, weed sometimes (depending on situation), nitrous, and whatever psychedelic might be around.

I know there is a certain attitude of elitism concerning the use of psychedelics compared to other "less sophisticated" street drugs, and I'm just not buying it. You are not any more enlightened or intelligent due to your drug of choice.

trance

I used to be into tripping hard. Then I had a few horrible trips on both acid and mushrooms that showed me things that I couldn't handle - I was too scared to trip again, and I turned to opiates to escape my existential terror.

I'm still too afraid of tripping to try it anytime soon, but I'm thinking of finding some ibogaine to deal with addiction and fear issues. I'm not seriously thinking of it yet because I'm afraid I might die or insane... the latter has already happened somewhat...

I know there is a certain attitude of elitism concerning the use of psychedelics compared to other "less sophisticated" street drugs, and I'm just not buying it. You are not any more enlightened or intelligent due to your drug of choice.

Theres also an eltist attitude towards people that find psychedelics enlightening. ;) Each to their own.

trancedeviate said:

trance

It's not a drug ; It's a sacrament.

Nah it's subjective - the subject can be delusional sometimes - or cynical or neither.

I defenitely dabble in opiates from time to time... The needle's a hard thing to put down though. I never got into heroin, but I can get dilaudid (hydromorphone) really cheap, so I was shooting up every day for a good 2 months. Quit that though, now I just rack 4mgs of dilly every time I can't get anything more interesting.

I'm about to rack myself 4mgs and sun bathe actually, quite a relaxing experience.