• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Pretty sure my dog is aware that I've been using meth.

worked at a dog kennel,a cop boarded his two malinois every 3 mo it seemed there and our main kennel assistant that lived on property was into meth, great guy, so good to pets, but those dogs barked alot but would go crazy around him and only one of the cops dogs was a drug finding sniffer one, those dogs knew, it was almost funny to me what they could sense i kid you not

Ya know they started making pet food with cannabis in it? Dogs just like humans have cannabinoid receptors in their brains and can respond with joy just like humans do to weed.
Ha ma dog run away one day.Cames back with smile and stumble a litlle.Around his head cloud of small wine flies.Thought may be find and eat fermented fruits from making alc.bevarages.So he was drunk...Never tried this again....maybe hangover experience too

I noticed this on Monday when I first began using this last bag of meth. I always make sure I smoke in a different room because I don't want to risk spilling anything on the floor for him to get to, or risk him inhaling some of my fat clouds. No worries there. This animal is my life and I would never subject him to the dumb shit I do as far as risking him ingesting any substances. But after I used and was good and spun, I came back into the room and he stared at me like he knew I was high and he almost had a scared look about him. He was tense around me for a few minutes until I showed him all I wanted to do was pet him and let him cuddle me on the bed.

Is it just me, is it the meth, or do our animals really know when we're in an altered state of mind? Maybe not even just specific to meth. Have you ever used something and noticed your pets react strangely towards you?
You were being sensitive to his fear. He wants you to love yourself imho.

h mm thot pot was toxic to dogs, teens and`eyes dart* someone blew smoke at her boxers face and her boxer ummmm ok i use to blow smoke and my damn dog would clamber on me to get me to share, but then i learned it was not good, so she jones`d(prolly from the bondin attention), but id try that food for my dog, doses her with cbd 00.03 percent thc, next bottle im getting wont be full spectrum, im only off pot a year , really only enjoyed it with a drink or 5, now its a no no for me, but i gotta look into the food thingy for dogs ok back to stims, crack is wack

Last edited:
Ive gotten two cats, I won't even use in front of them, it's strange, because , I e never really felt close to animals the way I do my cats.
Cats are awesome <3

gCPQvMT.jpg

Last edited:
oh looks like a tuxedo cat, i love cats n babies, yes yes, with hollandaise sauce and sometimes wasabi

You'd enjoy my mother's cat

Thing likes to piss on the floor by the clean litter box. She has to put puppy pads down due to this.

You should have seen her old condo, the piss had somehow soaked into the fucking wall so she had to tape the puppy pads on there!

Not sure how that happened, it's not like male cats can whip out their wenis and piss wherever they feel like it :?

I'm just glad my kitty goes in the litter box like a proper lady
shoot my one girl pup, lifts her leg out side like a male, and wont move if i put a dress on her, no frills for her, a hoodie or polo is fine, my other lil girl prances around like drag queen at pride in her tutus and fufu dresses and squats and pees like shes embarrassed, my butch and my femme! oh and my butch use to some time hunch my boxer head backwards, id walk in and she jump off , but would have a field day with my wife sitting alone with them all, WTF! they need jesus, crazy girl dogs, and stoked your girl pees where she should cuz nothing worse than cat pee on the floor or walls (almost nothing)

THC is toxic to them
Yip. That's pretty much what the article says (I don't know why that thing is just showing as a link and not being unfurled as usual).

I posted that even although it's not on the topic of this thread. There's actually quite a few substances (particularly OTC) that are not good for dogs but are relatively benign to humans (I know that's not the correct word to be using and I'm sure I'll be corrected soon enough).

And not all CBD oils are created equal especially in this regard. We've an entire cottage industry over here that's been spawned and that produces and sells CBD oil but some of this comes with pretty high concentrations of THC. Point being: it's easy to fall into the trap of buying cheap CBD oil from some unknown source and thinking it's going to be fine for dogs but it's not necessarily the case. I also found that the initial purported benefits, for the treatment of arthritis and joint pain in older dogs, were short lived. Then again: when these vets start going down the Tramadol and Gabapentin routes? I was not a fan either i.e. the side effects were noticeable and not justified in my opinion.

But yeah. Good 'ol weed. Who would have thought.

THC is toxic to dogs? I'm sorry but I don't believe that...
Take it up with the dudes that conducted that research on the link that I posted above. And don't shoot the messenger i.e. that's supposed to be a credible site.

"In animals, there is much less information on the effects of cannabinoids. Researchers have concentrated on the toxic effects on dogs, in particular. There are less than 60 papers in PubMed on marijuana in dogs and they are almost all on toxic effects — due to accidental ingestion, experimental administration to study toxicity, or ingestion of synthetic cannabinoids. The information on toxicity is likely to gain increasing importance as legal access to marijuana comes into effect in Canada and spreads across the United States. In Colorado, a State with legalized marijuana for medical use, the frequency of marijuana toxicosis in dogs at 2 veterinary hospitals increased 4-fold over a 5-year period (2005 to 2010) (3). The authors found a positive correlation between the increased number of cases of marijuana toxicosis in dogs and the increased number of medical marijuana licenses issued. Dogs are reported to have a higher number of cannabinoid receptors in the brain compared with humans and it has been suggested that they may be more susceptible to the toxic effects than are humans (1). In the Colorado study 2 dogs that consumed baked goods that included butter with concentrated medical grade THC died."

I noticed this on Monday when I first began using this last bag of meth. I always make sure I smoke in a different room because I don't want to risk spilling anything on the floor for him to get to, or risk him inhaling some of my fat clouds. No worries there. This animal is my life and I would never subject him to the dumb shit I do as far as risking him ingesting any substances. But after I used and was good and spun, I came back into the room and he stared at me like he knew I was high and he almost had a scared look about him. He was tense around me for a few minutes until I showed him all I wanted to do was pet him and let him cuddle me on the bed.

Is it just me, is it the meth, or do our animals really know when we're in an altered state of mind? Maybe not even just specific to meth. Have you ever used something and noticed your pets react strangely towards you?

Your dog can definitely tell if you're fucked up, but also definitely doesn't know what meth is. The same way infants can tell if you're drunk or high but don't understand what or why.

Hey guys, I would really like to move this to Drug Culture if nobody has any serious problems with that? I'm not saying it doesn't have meaning, just that the meaning here is more emotional than Harm Reduction-related if that makes sense. Is everybody okay with that decision? I know I'm the moderator, but I don't like to steamroll threads that are multi-page-long without getting some kind of approval.

I think that, considering Dogs know when we're anxious, depressed and sometimes, when we're about to have a seizure, it's a moot point whether a dog can know such things. We know they can and your dog probably knows there's something "different" going on. Who knows what your dog's views on morality and life are, but he might be worried and might just be curious. Either way, treat him with love and respect and I say who cares.

If you stop feeding him and taking care of him because you're too busy with Meth, then I believe that's a different conversation. I know many of us have similar stories regarding pets and drugs, sex and other weird shit that we do as humans. You're not the first to ponder such things and I'm sure, not the last.

Whenever my dog tali was still alive she knew. I didn't start using until the end of her life. When i pulled the setup out she would start to cry. She knew as soon as she saw the drugs what i was going to do. And it breaks my heart thinking about it because if i could go back in time i never would have started using. I would have spent more time focused on my girls.

Hey guys, I would really like to move this to Drug Culture if nobody has any serious problems with that? I'm not saying it doesn't have meaning, just that the meaning here is more emotional than Harm Reduction-related if that makes sense. Is everybody okay with that decision? I know I'm the moderator, but I don't like to steamroll threads that are multi-page-long without getting some kind of approval.

I think that, considering Dogs know when we're anxious, depressed and sometimes, when we're about to have a seizure, it's a moot point whether a dog can know such things. We know they can and your dog probably knows there's something "different" going on. Who knows what your dog's views on morality and life are, but he might be worried and might just be curious. Either way, treat him with love and respect and I say who cares.

If you stop feeding him and taking care of him because you're too busy with Meth, then I believe that's a different conversation. I know many of us have similar stories regarding pets and drugs, sex and other weird shit that we do as humans. You're not the first to ponder such things and I'm sure, not the last.
Moved to DC

Considering that animals like dogs can sniff out a disease or an infection like covid from the cosmos of chemicals that is our meatbag body, I think it would be obvious they can smell their human is on drugs.

They probably notice the smell of the drug and a change in behavior and can make the connection. Maybe they think we're ill or something is wrong.

Considering that animals like dogs can sniff out a disease or an infection like covid from the cosmos of chemicals that is our meatbag body, I think it would be obvious they can smell their human is on drugs.

They probably notice the smell of the drug and a change in behavior and can make the connection. Maybe they think we're ill or something is wrong.

Truth. Granted, dogs have some sensory abilities that are far beyond our own, but the way they can suss out such latent conditions is truly amazing. Not to get all mystical, but I believe it's a lesson in how much we actually miss in our mutual experiences. Details, variables, sounds, smells.... We have developed our brains for use in abstract thought and no doubt that has led to our success as a species, but our focus upon the usage of cognition to navigate our experience is just so much different than a dog.

A dog has nothing but his people really. You and me, we've got cigarettes, a nice show on netflix, sex, stimulating conversation; probably about sex and so on. All they have is us. We are their source of good, bad and really, we moderate their entire experience in terms of physical location and such.

If you had 12 hours a day to just sniff someone, look them up and down, check their gait, the subtle facial expressions, it makes sense to me.

I'm sad to say that I bet using Methamphetamine is a serious wtf moment for your pooch, as the changes are obvious and they will know.

So when I take an anti inflammatory it helps me to be able to walk around again in a lot less pain. But when I take norco with it together I feel so much better. Why is that ?

My dog knows that I am sick and she is coping with it so far and well.