• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Pretty sure my dog is aware that I've been using meth.

TheFrogEffect

Bluelighter
I noticed this on Monday when I first began using this last bag of meth. I always make sure I smoke in a different room because I don't want to risk spilling anything on the floor for him to get to, or risk him inhaling some of my fat clouds. No worries there. This animal is my life and I would never subject him to the dumb shit I do as far as risking him ingesting any substances. But after I used and was good and spun, I came back into the room and he stared at me like he knew I was high and he almost had a scared look about him. He was tense around me for a few minutes until I showed him all I wanted to do was pet him and let him cuddle me on the bed.

Is it just me, is it the meth, or do our animals really know when we're in an altered state of mind? Maybe not even just specific to meth. Have you ever used something and noticed your pets react strangely towards you?

I noticed this on Monday when I first began using this last bag of meth. I always make sure I smoke in a different room because I don't want to risk spilling anything on the floor for him to get to, or risk him inhaling some of my fat clouds. No worries there. This animal is my life and I would never subject him to the dumb shit I do as far as risking him ingesting any substances. But after I used and was good and spun, I came back into the room and he stared at me like he knew I was high and he almost had a scared look about him. He was tense around me for a few minutes until I showed him all I wanted to do was pet him and let him cuddle me on the bed.

Is it just me, is it the meth, or do our animals really know when we're in an altered state of mind? Maybe not even just specific to meth. Have you ever used something and noticed your pets react strangely towards you?
I think you're just high.

Dogs are fascinating creatures. They can sense many things about there owners. Your lucky to have a smart dog like that mines dumb 😜

I believe animals can sense alot more than most people think.

I think you're just high.
I've been up since Monday without sleep so if I noticed it today I'd be like "oh you just need to fucking sleep dude", but I noticed it when I first used on Monday and I've just been sitting on it. Yes I was spun but I wouldn't think I was that spun to imagine something like this happening. I swear he gave me a weird look and was acting off until I gave him reassurance.

I believe animals can sense alot more than most people think.
Thats what I'm thinking. Like I know that he knows when I'm depressed because when I am he glues himself to my side and won't leave me to be alone. He's usually by my side but he just senses the depression and clings onto me. So it isn't that farfetched, I don't think, that he would also pick up on me being high.

Thats what I'm thinking. Like I know that he knows when I'm depressed because when I am he glues himself to my side and won't leave me to be alone. He's usually by my side but he just senses the depression and clings onto me. So it isn't that farfetched, I don't think, that he would also pick up on me being high.
Your dog really likes you and sounds pretty smart too. 🐶♥️

My girflfriend's cat knows exactly whats going on. Annoyingly insists on sitting on my lap if I'm sober, won't come near me if I've even had the smallest of drinks. And for sure runs away upstairs when he sees a bottle of vodka out.

Your dog knows you're high.
Or you're just high.

Maybe both.

Dogs are quite perceptive. They can certainly pick up on moods and emotions. I'm sure your dog sensed that something was different about you.

However, you probably read more into it than was really there. The dog may have been confused and thus a bit tense, but there were no problems after y'all cuddled, right? No worries.

My dog of 8 years has seen me in all kinds of altered states. She might give me a funny look but she sticks close to me no matter what. That's one of the great things about dogs-- they are non-judgmental.

100% no doubt that animals can sense when someone is on drugs, especially our own pets

mine won't go anywhere near anyone on stimulants in particular for instance...dog just whimpers and looks confused and the cat leaves the house completely til the stim vibe has diminished

Your dog knows you're high.
Or you're just high.

Maybe both.

Dogs are quite perceptive. They can certainly pick up on moods and emotions. I'm sure your dog sensed that something was different about you.

However, you probably read more into it than was really there. The dog may have been confused and thus a bit tense, but there were no problems after y'all cuddled, right? No worries.

My dog of 8 years has seen me in all kinds of altered states. She might give me a funny look but she sticks close to me no matter what. That's one of the great things about dogs-- they are non-judgmental.
Right. Yeah. Once I hopped into bed and starting petting him he relaxed after a few minutes. He's been fine since then as well, even after I'd redosed a few times. I definitely feel like he sensed something different when I first dug into the bag for sure but I very well may be blowing it up more than what it was in my head.

I've had him for 11 months now and from the time I met him I have been his favorite person of all time. He's seen me in altered states with various substances and, thinking back, I feel like I've noticed him react to these various states in different ways. I just never put thought into it until just now. This was the first time I had ever seen him be tense around me at all.

He's definitely my best friend and I would hate for him to feel tense around me because he can tell that I'm in a different state of mind. Fuck, this might even be the inspiration I need to kick meth for good. I hate thinking that he was scared because he could tell that I was spun. Makes me feel really bad.

This animal is my life and I would never subject him to the dumb shit I do as far as risking him ingesting any substances.
Ya know they started making pet food with cannabis in it? Dogs just like humans have cannabinoid receptors in their brains and can respond with joy just like humans do to weed.

Last edited:
Dogs have an incredible sense of smell, too. They can probably detect an increase in adrenaline and whatever other chemicals our bodies exude when we are using stimulants. Dogs may interpret this as the "fight or flight" response....in other words, DANGER!
So the tension in your dog would make sense.

Dogs have an incredible sense of smell, too. They can probably detect an increase in adrenaline and whatever other chemicals our bodies exude when we are using stimulants. Dogs may interpret this as the "fight or flight" response....in other words, DANGER!
So the tension in your dog would make sense.
I think that's been scientifically proven, yes ✓✓

Ya know they started making pet food with cannabis in it? Dogs just like humans have cannabinoid receptors in their brains and can respond with joy just like humans do to weed.
You gotta be careful though, I used to feed my dog pot, and he had a bad reaction the last time and basically tried to eat himself.
Some dogs like it, some don’t, you also have to account for weight and tolerance differences

I had a chinwuawua that would steal nugs and run away and eat them, he liked it lol