• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin withdrawal

Have gone through many pregab wd . Best advice i can give is taper down i have gone months on 2000 mg to 3000 mg use and stopped cold turkey worse mental wd then herion. But last couple of times i have done fast tapers still not pleasant but much easier. Problem with pregabs is that you stay at same level for days only after day 6 or seven does it ease of but if you taper makes it still shitty but much more easier

3000mg of pregabalin a day? How do you even get that much pregabalin?

When i was taking 900mg/day of pregabalin it was only available as brand name Lyrica. Stuff was pretty expensive, especially after my insurance didn't want to cover it. Even with insurance it was like $500 a month, wasn't worth it.

When i was taking 900mg/day of pregabalin it was only available as brand name Lyrica. Stuff was pretty expensive, especially after my insurance didn't want to cover it. Even with insurance it was like $500 a month, wasn't worth it.
I had a friend who was prescribed 600 mg a day for a couple of years before i even knew what pregablin was. After using it for heroin wd I liked it the guy I got it from first went down . So this guy was literally the last person I tried to see if he could get some I was in heaven for a year until i caught up used his old stash now he still gets 600mg a day but i can only get 56 a month he dont use them but here in UK he gets them free from nhs so now restricted to just 56 300 mg every 28 days

But you right 3 4 weeks of use not alot might have a mild wd if he does at all

Healthcare in some country's, like mine cover all cost's.

Over here you will have to pay for benzo's. But not for Pregabalin, although a daily dose of 225 mg is a lot. 3000 mg is not a dosage usually prescribed

Healthcare in some country's, like mine cover all cost's.

Over here you will have to pay for benzo's. But not for Pregabalin, although a daily dose of 225 mg is a lot. 3000 mg is not a dosage usually prescribed
Maximum in uk is only 600 mg a day but your tolerance goes up so quick you end up taking huge dose to feel anything. Even 3000mg after few months on huge doses stops working then you have to take a few days of to feel anything again. I now only do it once a week and 900 mg gets me so buzzing

...tolerance goes up so quick...
The first dose i took, 75mg, started working about 2 and 1/2 later. And that first time was quite a high. It even had a come up akin to MDMA.

After that nothing but diminishing effects. Never anything like that first experience, that did cure my tinnitus in a sec. Thank you Pregabalin for that!

The first dose i took, 75mg, started working about 2 and 1/2 later. And that first time was quite a high. It even had a come up akin to MDMA.

After that nothing but diminishing effects. Never anything like that first experience, that did cure my tinnitus in a sec. Thank you Pregabalin for that!
I get such euphoria on it and music sounds so good but not something to use everyday tolerance goes up in days. I do it once a week now and get a real good buzz I gone to sleep woke up the net day still buzzing a little. Like you said it takes a couple of hours to come up also take the first dose on empty stomach makes a massive difference for me

I will say my usual. Gabapentinoids, including Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Pregabalin (Lyrica), even Phenibut are not the final solution to anything, but I consider them to be an extremely under-utilized and and effective medication for so many different issues. They are what you would call, "very safe" in a world of Benzodiazepines, Alcohol and Heroin.

I think it's effectivenes for treating both the mentally ill and/or addicts has gotten these drugs a lot of bad publicity. Addicts who take Pregabalin typically do well. It is a drug with many of the miracle-life qualities of Benzodiazepines without necessarily carrying with it all of the dangerous.

The primary downsides are that tolerance builds exponentially when experimenting. It can be kept in check by not misusing your medications and by trying your best to avoid the temptation to take more. Gabapentinoid scripts can go i n 5 days with little benefit by the fifth day, meanwhile, the guy taking his prescribed dosage consistently gets benefit and stability from that same hypothetical prescription.

They seem to contribute to increased "intoxication" when found in combination with other CNS depressants in ED's and elsewhere, but there has not yet been found a clear correlation between increased respiratory distress and these drugs, yet they are already being demonized as "one of the reasons" everyone is dying.

I believe they are able to do a lot of different things for a lot of different people. Alcoholics and recrovering Opioid addicts frequently report a feeling of, "what I felt like I had lost forever from my addiction, I got back. All of the 'just not right', the post-acute-withdrawal syndrome sympptoms are typically treated effectively, quickly and with very little concern required for safety reliability.

i never found pregabalin effective for myself. tried it up to 450mg with little to no effect, gapapentoids are a strange class of chemicals, probably didnt give it enough trials tbh, 1500mg sounds like a big dose, did u try at lower doses? did you make your way up too 1500mg? how would u describe the effects off 1500mg ?

hope your taper going well. regards, bare_head

I taoerwd for a week and stopped cold turkey ,i didn't sleep for 2 days.But thats about it.No other noticeable wd symtoms.Ty all for commenting

I've been put on it and the fucking shit has made me eat, and on only on 100mg a day fucksake that can stop for a start I'm slim again after coming off mirtazapine I'll give the fucking shit away and buy more benzos I'm not fucking putting weight on again

I've been put on it and the fucking shit has made me eat, and on only on 100mg a day fucksake that can stop for a start I'm slim again after coming off mirtazapine I'll give the fucking shit away and buy more benzos I'm not fucking putting weight on again
Yeah me too.I ate like a pig lol.I gained a lot of weight

Yeah the NHS is really going on an anti-opiate crusade all of a sudden. It's like they think they're in the US or something.

If the oxy was working for your pain and the pregabalin is causing more side effects you should fight it and get your meds changed back. Assuming no history of drug addiction on your medical record, you have a decent chance of winning. NICE guidelines are on your side. I will dig up info tomorrow if you're interested.
Am in the same boat been on oxy and Gaba p after my accident four years ago and every time the doc tries cutting my ox I end up on street drugs for the pain ( I haven’t told him that though) but it’s horrible I have to constantly fight tooth and nail to try and stay on the meds that make it so I can have a semi decent quality of life and hold down a job .
I’m actually back at the docs this week for a review so he can cut me again and I’m dreading it already it’s absolute balls tbh

Am in the same boat been on oxy and Gaba p after my accident four years ago and every time the doc tries cutting my ox I end up on street drugs for the pain ( I haven’t told him that though) but it’s horrible I have to constantly fight tooth and nail to try and stay on the meds that make it so I can have a semi decent quality of life and hold down a job .
I’m actually back at the docs this week for a review so he can cut me again and I’m dreading it already it’s absolute balls tbh

You need to come prepared, if you are on oxy because it's the best opiate you can tolerate, and it continues to treat your pain despite being on it long-term, and the doc doesn't know you've used any street drugs - there is no medical reason for them to take you off your medication.

They're doing it to cover their arses at this point and it's honestly ridiculous. All of this is happening because of the situation in the US which has fuck all to do with us. But now the NHS is moving to treating opiates like they already do with benzos by the looks of it. Where do they reckon that will lead? We know the answer to that, it's crazy to think doctors are so blind.

But now the NHS is moving to treating opiates like they already do with benzos by the looks of it. Where do they reckon that will lead?

Me being a benzo addict for years and now tried oxy and its much better so doctors making people seif medicate that's what

And give their unwanted pregabalin to their mate as I don't want to put on weight

Other stuff for my anxiety and fibromyalgia that I fucking get myself work better than anything the doctors prescribe!

Its weird I actually lost weight on my pregab binges. I find if I eat the buzz goes down so not eat food for the buzz. But if you give in and start munching fuck me you don't stop eating