• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin withdrawal

I dread coming off mine but they are for real neuropathic pain.... 600mg a day. Docs give them out so easy and I've heard it's literally awful to come off. Even drug and alcohol service told me they are bad. Sure it won't be too bad fr a few weeks, but I dread coming of this National Health Service sponsored 4 year habit.

Yea Wilson, this is an interaction that Ive been studying into the very late hours of the early afternoon.

Ive taken Benzodiazepines for what I feel was Gabapentinoid withdrawal and they are not majorly cross-tolerant. My belief is that the effects of Benzodiazepines help medicate our symptoms, like they might in any situation, but I think the effect is secondary. Id really like to know.

Yeah I think the effects benzos have on gabapentinoid withdrawal are similar to the effects they have on opiate withdrawal. There's no cross-tolerance or similar mechanism of action, the benzo is just medicating anxiety and insomnia the same way it would if those disorders occurred naturally.

I dread coming off mine but they are for real neuropathic pain.... 600mg a day. Docs give them out so easy and I've heard it's literally awful to come off. Even drug and alcohol service told me they are bad. Sure it won't be too bad fr a few weeks, but I dread coming of this National Health Service sponsored 4 year habit.

I had a nasty time coming off them after about a month or two on 300mg, scripted completely legit. I don't wanna scare you or anything, but make sure they put you on a slow taper with comfort meds after that four years is up. Don't let them rush you through any kind of quick taper.

Yeah I think the effects benzos have on gabapentinoid withdrawal are similar to the effects they have on opiate withdrawal. There's no cross-tolerance or similar mechanism of action, the benzo is just medicating anxiety and insomnia the same way it would if those disorders occurred naturally.

I had a nasty time coming off them after about a month or two on 300mg, scripted completely legit. I don't wanna scare you or anything, but make sure they put you on a slow taper with comfort meds after that four years is up. Don't let them rush you through any kind of quick taper.
The docs are more botheres about my oxy at the moment, but yeh, my mind hasn't felt right since I started them, however, as soon as I'm due my next dose I get a load of breakthrough pain. I want to drop pregablin more than opiates really, but they won't let me.

The docs are more botheres about my oxy at the moment, but yeh, my mind hasn't felt right since I started them, however, as soon as I'm due my next dose I get a load of breakthrough pain. I want to drop pregablin more than opiates really, but they won't let me.

Yeah the NHS is really going on an anti-opiate crusade all of a sudden. It's like they think they're in the US or something.

If the oxy was working for your pain and the pregabalin is causing more side effects you should fight it and get your meds changed back. Assuming no history of drug addiction on your medical record, you have a decent chance of winning. NICE guidelines are on your side. I will dig up info tomorrow if you're interested.

I struggle to use oxy recreationally, not a patch on heroin IMO but that's how I've fucked myself over.

I struggle to use oxy recreationally, not a patch on heroin IMO but that's how I've fucked myself over.

Ah so if I'm reading this right they're taking you off oxy because of an H habit? In that case yeah not much you can do to get your script back unless you can afford private doctors.

No I started on oxy first, they been trying to take me down off it for ages.... Thats before the H habit and yeh they will probably fuck me over soon and take it completely.

I've been doing pregabalin 1500mg everyfay for the past 3/4 weeks ,if i stop cold turkey will i have withdrawal?
Do i need to go see a doctor ? I could if i have to..
Looking at the lenght of time you took the Pregabalin WD seems unlikely. I was on it for over a year and witnessed no WD's.
But my dosage was 225mg.

1500mg is a lot more, do you have the option to taper?

Man..I blew it Im back to my usual dose.my wife left and took the kids.I dont care anymore.II might also go back to H as well.
She took the kids 😓

Men that is f*cked. Been through the same, divorced. But feels like indeed she took the kids. If you want to talk about you can PM me.

The I don't care is logical, but you didn't blew it. You just had to take a step back. Hang in.

I've used lyrica daily, atleast 900mg a day for several months and never noticed any withdrawl effects. Is it because I combined it often with many other types of meds and drugs?

I've used lyrica daily, atleast 900mg a day for several months and never noticed any withdrawl effects. Is it because I combined it often with many other types of meds and drugs?
Why do people say it's so bad? Even drugs services say it's awful it scares me to death coming off. Does anyone have genuine neuropathic pain or are they just recreational? As soon as I miss a dose my pains come back with an a vengeance so increased pain as a withdrawal symptom scares the hell out of me too (I'm a wimp and in pain a lot)

600mg per day for 4 years, taken as directed by gp

Why do people say it's so bad? Even drugs services say it's awful it scares me to death coming off. Does anyone have genuine neuropathic pain or are they just recreational? As soon as I miss a dose my pains come back with an a vengeance so increased pain as a withdrawal symptom scares the hell out of me too (I'm a wimp and in pain a lot)

In the EU Pregabalin is also indicated for GAD/ General anxiety syndrom.

And ime it works very effective on anxiety.

^I also have anxiety I guess it helps but I find venlafaxine is my wonder drug. I'm also in the EU (UK). Is it a third line med?

I agree. But on too high doses my hands seem to shake uncontrollably. I find 900mg with 90mg mirtazapine ideal for when I try to lower my benzo tolerance. Or mixing in atleast 6 beers. White grapefruit juice seems to enhance little for me personally.

No idea I just stopped unaware of any posibble WD's and witnissed none.

Not like my dr., at that time, would warn for the WD's as the poor shit head knew less about pharmarcology then I.

^I also have anxiety I guess it helps but I find venlafaxine is my wonder drug. I'm also in the EU (UK). Is it a third line med?
No idea, that was the only dr. , that would prescribe what I asked for.

Years later I found out he was the one that leaked critical info to my employer.

Have gone through many pregab wd . Best advice i can give is taper down i have gone months on 2000 mg to 3000 mg use and stopped cold turkey worse mental wd then herion. But last couple of times i have done fast tapers still not pleasant but much easier. Problem with pregabs is that you stay at same level for days only after day 6 or seven does it ease of but if you taper makes it still shitty but much more easier

[/QU

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I read your post about feeling good about getting off the gear don't try to rush it take your time with pregabs . I first used pregabs to get relief from heroin wd then switched to pregab addiction then the vicious cycle of relapsing on gear to help with pregab wd then pregabs for the heroin wd . Even though heroin don't help much with pregab wd I still ended up like a dog chasing his tail

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I read your post about feeling good about getting off the gear don't try to rush it take your time with pregabs . I first used pregabs to get relief from heroin wd then switched to pregab addiction then the vicious cycle of relapsing on gear to help with pregab wd then pregabs for the heroin wd . Even though heroin don't help much with pregab wd I still ended up like a dog chasing his tail