• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Blanc_Speechless_zps6f7fbb52.jpeg~320x480

Yea I know it's dorky,but I like it.

NSFW:
nina+ai-artyan.jpg

by nina ai-artyan. no idea who the model is. i'm enjoying how sharp and clean it is. cut into my screen.

would't mind a larger copy.

20th anniversary of the local street painting festival today. A beautiful day for some art.

hUDYqCm.jpg

a7BuJYz.jpg

They had this at the entrance which was pretty neat. Especially the one that says "become a potato".

76vkJ2u.jpg

My eyes lit up as soon as I saw this. Truly felt like I was in some old-timey western drinking out of those tin cups. And free refills!

sxFTVxd.jpg

And of course, fuck the art. This is the real reason to show up:

cl6wOLc.jpg

But yeah, art n stuff:

NSFW:
4KrIiKj.jpg

SWzGrfw.jpg

n3aT8fv.jpg

Wd3HkMi.jpg

VCbQnik.jpg

QwOc5H5.jpg

g7nj7BD.jpg

leUDmHi.jpg

^ That looks like it would have been a really wonderful time! We've had similar artistic street gatherings in my area before, but on a much smaller scale. Where is this located, if you don't mind?

what up, Max. i remember you posting pics of a previous year's festival. i am assuming it's the same street painting festival. has the same look, a wonderful community event and an absurdly pleasant day. glad to see you've enjoyed it again.

^ can't help but notice what appears to be a mosaic covering the vag in the first one. f*cking censorship all cool tho...

middle of the night browsing the work of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Silverthorne

Woman Who Died in Her Sleep, 1972.

NSFW:
tumblr_lagkqofB7d1qbl28fo1_500.jpg

the position of her arm, facial expression. sleeping peacefully. compelling, to say the least...

tumblr_n2t7nl34nv1s5u2cno1_500.jpg

An illustration by David Lupton titled "The Brood."
I've been dwelling on the thought of birth control and sterilization a lot lately, especially the past few days, and...I'm not even sure if that's what this piece is about, but that's what hops to mind when I see this; so for obvious reasons, it fits my personal thought theme of the week.

by Dana Dana Dana seen at the Women's Visionary Congress. It's huge--probably 10 feet tall or more.

Always been a fan of this one, "The Fighting Temerarie" (1839) Joseph Mallard William Turner

turner-fighting-temeraire-NG524-fm.jpg

The ship was renowned for it's role in the Battle of Trafalgar & this painting shows it being towed away to be broken up. It's thought the painting represents Britain's declining naval power.

I just love it because it's such a lovely sunset.

zaha hadid : maxxi national museum of xxi century arts

why ? can't say... just something i feel.