• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

^so many of them. that artist must have the worst dreams.

i don't work in graphic design. i am trying to reduce how often i am invoiced by those who do. it was a really cool seminar that i enjoyed far beyond its application to my work. i'm yet to watch the documentary you posted.

well shucks. i just spent like 20 minutes scrolling down my tumblr likes, figuring i'd be torn between all the pieces i wanted to post. they all belong in the fashion thread. and it really feels like they all belong in the fashion thread, which is overwhelming and best put off.

i'm feeling Angel by sally mann. i'm not gonna post it. i'm not gonna find something that matches it at this moment. i guess i'm also feeling this dani brubaker photo...

thylaneplaysvideogamesbydani.jpg

looks different in my internet browser than photo viewer. has a light sepia tint in safari. it's straight B&W in preview. i'm feeling it because thylane generates so much controversy -- relative to the audience size -- and her presentation is usually far beyond human; it's weird to see her looking like such a normal post-millenial kid. almost annoying the way she's so absorbed in her silly video game. surely told she can completely forget the camera, but damn she's doing a good job. looking normal in a relative sense; she's absurdly beautiful and always perfectly photogenic. helps a picture. another point of contrast is the photo leaning up against the wall. very pretty, but of every photo i've ever seen of thylane it has the most potential to be warped. the kinda photo that gets a horrible wrap among tumblr feminists. even makes me slightly uncomfortable. thylane keeps a print in her room.

dani brubaker has much, much better photos of thylane. i just so happened to pull this one up now and found relief, something slightly short of confirmation, and interest in the illustrated level of comfort that thylane has in modeling. star.

Last edited:
Namakubi is a traditional motif in Japanese wood blocks and Irezumi. It symbols strength, honor, fearlessness in battle, martial skill, and good luck. I have 3 severed heads on my 3/4 sleeve.
tajzo1.jpg

^ well that might be the best response to "...and why?" i've read in this thread.
gee!

was a pleasant surprise to see these book covers for one of my favorites that ignited my love for perfume =)
i have a love/hate obsession with Lolita book covers.

cool images. mid-century modern, huh. i dig cold comfort.

sword to the head for good luck. break a leg.

a megathread about whether or not you should try dope struck me as funny, so i clicked outta curiosity. glad i did...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/wnj2d/iama_heroin_addict_been_clean_now_for_4_months/c5ez7ne?context=1
[–]Marylandman101 254 points 1 year ago
what does it feel like to do heroin

[–][deleted] 2669 points 1 year ago*
Actually this is an obvious question but it's not what you might think. Let me explain it to you, I've been an opiate addict for a long time and tried many drugs. Drugs that are 'uppers' have the most 'obvious' euphoria. For example if you take adderall/coke/meth/speed/MDMA you will get this shining bright euphoria, self confidence, energy, and other drug-specific feelings (for meth like you are king or for MDMA like you love everyone). However, you owe these drugs back what they delivered to you. After a meth binge, or lots of MDMA use, or staying up all night on coke you will feel like shit. To an extent this aspect is similar to an alcoholic hangover.

On the other hand, for many people who experiment with heroin they are underwhelmed (not including IV usage, but most experimenters rarely ever IV first time). They just feel good, chill, happy, but they feel like this spooky drug 'heroin' hasn't delivered. They are just mellow. Oh obviously it has all been a lie they will think. Heroin isn't spooky, it's chill. It's not addictive like everyone else thinks. It doesn't make you do stupid shit or stay up all day and hallucinate like amphetamines or coke. It doesn't empty your serotonin like MDMA or give you a hangover like alcohol. People tend to just think oh, what a nice drug.

So the next day they wake up and everything is normal. No headache or shitty feeling--just a slight afterglow of that nice feeling. Oh it was cheap as well! It only cost $10 for a whole night of being high! I thought people said heroin was expensive? And then next weekend comes... There are all these drugs I could do but I liked heroin. It didn't 'fuck me up,' I could still think clearly. No hangover. No feeling like shit later. I still was awake. It just made me happy and content with life. Oh and it's only $10! Well, I should get some more for the whole weekend. This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!

Now let's say this person works and has responsibilities. He knows he can't go into work drunk, or on MDMA, or high. So he doesn't. It's actually simple. But heroin... Well the user might actually find they do better work on heroin. Instead of being sad or grumpy or depressed with his job... he is just... happy. Mellow. Content. Everything is fine and the world is beautiful. It's raining, it's dark, I woke up at 5:30AM, I'm commuting in traffic. I would have had a headache, I would have been miserable, I would have wondered how my life took me to this point. This point I'm at right now. But no, no, everything is fine. Life is beautiful. The rain drops are just falling and in each one I see the reflection of every persons life around me. Humanity is beautiful. In this still frame shot of traffic on this crowded bus I just found love and peace. Heroin is a wonder drug. Heroin is better than everything else. Heroin makes me who I wish I was. Heroin makes life worth living. Heroin is better than everything else. Heroin builds up a tolerance fast. Heroin starts to cost more money. I need heroin to feel normal. I don't love anymore. Now I'm sick. I can't afford the heroin that I need. How did $10 used to get me high? Now I need $100. That guy that let me try a few lines the first time doesn't actually deal. Oh I need to find a real dealer? This guy is a felon and carries a gun--he can sell me the drug that lets me find love in the world. No this isn't working, I need to quit.

To answer your question, heroin feels nice. That's all, it just feels very nice. You can make the rest up for yourself. Attach your own half-truths to this drug that will show you the world and for a moment you will feel as clever as Faust.
i'm not very familiar with reddit, but i think certain instances of online social communication have developed into art. this reply from the deleted reddit user qualifies in my book. no other forum is conducive to such such stark narrative. save maybe poetry.

the drop of "Oh i need to find a real dealer?" is awesome. driving to work is the best segment. including the progression to the second "Heroin is better than everything else." i'd even consider the edit -- which i did not include in the quote -- part of the new form.

thank you, neversickanymore and Transform, for posting the video that led to the text. i wish i would have found the text first. i think the video is interesting as well. just not the piece of art that i'm specifically impressed with...
NSFW:
Im not sure if anyone posted this already.. sorry if they did.. but it so true..

edit:
now i'm starting to think it might be the marriage between the text and the video that i'm liking so much. i don't wanna say in whatever form because the forum is so specific to my interest, but it is the basic narrative that shines.

Last edited:
interesting way to look at that response. never thought of it like that myself but see where ya coming from. it's amazing when you come across a gem like that online at random and it just takes you by surprise.

been up all night so just makin quick response. but yea reddit has me hooked heh. there is a subreddit for almost everything so of course /r/opiates. in fact was browsing /r/MorbidReality just a few ago and came across this, which works for this topic...

http://viiphoto.com/articles/the-ninth-floor/

The Ninth Floor documents a group of addicts who moved into the apartment of a former millionaire in a wealthy neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. Joe Smith, in his mid 60s, allowed a young addict to move into a spare bedroom in his large three-bedroom apartment in hopes of gaining rent. Several years later, a fully addicted Joe no longer had a bedroom and as many as 12 to 15 young addicts stayed at any given time. All electricity and hot water had been turned off and anything valuable had long been sold to feed habits

sometimes i think i fucked up beyond fixing but then i see this and realize not even close! heh

Micro Mandalas...so sick!
"Sculptor Elizabeth Turk discovers sacred patterns in the structure of shells."
"The images reveal patterns that seem stunningly familiar. Mandalas, crosses, and other sacred symbols that are hidden in the sand beneath our feet and in the marble and stone that are the foundations of so much of civilization's monuments and art."

http://www.elizabethturksculptor.com/prints/x-ray-mandalas/

One of my favorite images:
32 wendletrap "The title of each piece includes the type and number of shells combined to create the image"
dNy7ZFP.png

Intersections - Anila Quayyun Aga

tumblr_n08m53P7oD1qei3cco1_500.jpg

just thinkin how awesome it would be to post up in the corner on some L or whatever and stare at the walls for hours.