Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

has washed seeds... don't bother

Last edited by a moderator:
bpayne said:
Can you die from poppy seed tea?

Yeap. You can die from PST by an an overdose of morphine, if you use a large amount and the seeds you get happen to have a large content of opiates. That is the problem with PST, some seeds have little or no morphine and others have many time more (and I mean MAAAny times more). Look at this link:

http://www.astm.org/JOURNALS/FORENSIC/PAGES/2619.htm

That paper says that the morphine content can vary from 2 to 251 mg/g!!!!
That is fuckin Huuuuge variation!

You've probably seen the Web site about a kid that died from PST (morphine overdose):

http://www.poppyseedtea.com/

The site shows the coroner's autopsy report showing death by morphine everdose from PST.

whats a good starter dose for some who has never had opiates at all in their life?

^ id be starting @ 300 grams then working my way up if i were you:\
always depends on the seeds though, IME the darker the tea, the stronger its gonna be

clayfig said:
whats a good starter dose for some who has never had opiates at all in their life?

0 grams if you want my honest opinion. Might as well never have any opiates because once you get a taste it might be hard to resist.

Xorkoth said:
0 grams if you want my honest opinion. Might as well never have any opiates because once you get a taste it might be hard to resist.

Agreed.

I was using codeine and poppy tea 2-3x a week for a month or two recently. Just this week I got fed up and kicked it. Felt shitty for a few days, used 60mg codeine on the 4th day and 20mg today but I think its all in the past now.

You will feel depressed, sweaty and achey for a few days but its worth it. I see a few familiar names in these threads re: codeine and poppy seeds so just remember its not hard to kick it and you will probably thank yourself.

The poppy tea is the killer as you won't feel any withdrawal until 2-3 days after not using it as its so long lasting, the withdrawal will last about 2-3 days after this period so your looking about a week all up.

Not much fun but a walk in the park I imagine compared to a real opiate addiction. Anyway people, remember any more then once a week is too much.

the thing with poppy seed tea is, there probably isn't much danger in trying it now because it's impossible to find good seeds anymore. i can't find ANY grocery stores that sell bulk seeds that are good anymore. i've tried two online bulk sources and both have bunk seeds. i've just about given up on them. i even bought a couple of bottles of mccormick just to see if they were still any good, and the small brew i mixed up was very light colored and not bitter tasting at all. looks like mccormick is bunk now too.

sigh. oh well it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Hi! I was thinking of trying PST since I have what I think is a generalized anxiety disorder. I have been prescribed ativans in small mgs but am now out and have no job so I need a cheap method of suppressing my anxiety.

Sounds like I might be too late though. Plus at some of the prices I am seeing here it sounds too expensive. I might look around anyway. I was thinking of starting off at about 200 or 300g.

your money would be better spent getting more ativan. opioids are for pain, and cause too much Euphoria. They should NOT be used to treat anxiety because they are way too addictive. Try maybe having a beer at the end of the day to take the edge off before you jump into opiates just for that.

Its hard for me to find ativan around here since I usually rely on a scrip but since I don't have insurance since I don't job, I don't know where to look. And I drink a lot of beer, but I'd rather have something during a lazy Sunday afternoon to take the edge off rather than beer. Plus you can't buy beer around here on Sundays, stupidly enough.

i started doing opiates for anxiety, just know what you're getting into, you'll wind up with a bigger problem than what you started with.

If you can do it an ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM of once a week then its ok. But this is much much easier said than done. Do you live with anyone? If you do tell them to beat the crap out of you if you start doing it more than once a week.

Once you start doing it more than once a week you WILL get addicted, and when you try and quit the addiction you will be more anxious and depressed than when you started. Not only that you'll have the massive stress having an addiction creates hanging over your head.

clayfig said:

I agree with most of the recent posts answering clayfig's question. Opiates are way too addictive and the withdrawal is terrible. Also agree with malfunkshun's comments on the potency of the seeds lately. This can actually be very dangerous if you are using highly washed seeds for a long time and then you run inadvertantly into a batch with a strong optiate content. High risk for OD.

I agree with Xorkoth's comment that the best amount to start with is simply zero grams because of the addiction potential.

about this 'starter dose' for people who have never ever done opiates.

first off, about half a pound... 250 mg is what i'd start with, if the seeds are good. maybe even a little less.

BUT. and this is a big but. you will most likely NOT get any euphoria from PST if you are an inexperienced user. when is tarted using it, i didn't get any euphoria at all for the first 3 or so weeks, and i had been taking vicodins for about 3 years.

when you move up to morphine, your body has to get used to it. at first it will be kind of unpleasant and all you will feel is a kind of empty stomach, rubber leg feeling. not really pleasant.

however if you stick it out, like i did, you'll eventually cross that 'euphoria threshhold'.

now, is it important enough for you to catch a buzz on PST to go through several weeks of an unpleasant feeling, only to wind up addicted after you finally reach the buzz plateau?

The first time I made it I didn't do it right and just made some dreck that tasted horrible. The second time I got stoned as hell... man was that great...

Monty333 said:
I agree with most of the recent posts answering clayfig's question. Opiates are way too addictive and the withdrawal is terrible. Also agree with malfunkshun's comments on the potency of the seeds lately. This can actually be very dangerous if you are using highly washed seeds for a long time and then you run inadvertantly into a batch with a strong optiate content. High risk for OD.

I agree with Xorkoth's comment that the best amount to start with is simply zero grams because of the addiction potential.

I just read my last post and thought it was funny how "I agree" with this and that... I meant it all, but it just sounds funny...

has anyone in Europe tried the RAPUNZEL organic line seeds?

No Sources

Last edited by a moderator: