• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

All the seeds I've checked out look the same to mean, purpley a few whitish ones and a few darker ones. Guess we will see how it goes.

Is anyone a member of http://forum.poppies.org ? I tried to sign up but no new members are allowed, if I could maybe borrow an account so I could browse some of the member only forums that would be fantastic.

:)

Last edited:
samadhi_smiles said:
maybe we're talking past each other here, because the coating I am talking about is the type of coating you see on poppy seeds taken directly from the pod. Its not that homogenous greyish/white coating on some store-bought seed packs, which I do believe is some sort of spray.

You culd indeed be right SS, as ive never seen seed come straight from the pod, sounds like the shit to b havin but...@ least u no some cunt manufacturer hasnt washed shit thru em or sprayed em with something that will give us all cancer:\

I've read that the Australian poppy's have been engineered to have higher levels of the other alkaloids so that they can be easily manafactured into oxycodone etc, however the alkaloids cause quite horrible effects in people. My experiences and my mates would sort of confirm this, really bad body load, headache, dizzy, minimal euphoria etc.

Does any one know if theres any truth to this?

edit: However sometimes Ill get all these effects for the first hour or two the the following 6 hours will have an opiate buzz, and that buzz will be greatly potentiated by other opiates, eg codeine.

Last edited:
All i could afford was a 2.12 oz (60g) commerical bottle of seeds. I'm not a big opiate user at all, having done painkillers 2 or 3 times, and this was months ago. since i havent built up a tolerance to opiates, will this amount of seeds give me anything?

Depends on the quality of the seeds but highly unlikely. As said I've used 600g and felt nothing before with no tolerance.

300 grams (provided u have good seed) is the safest starting point IMO if u have little to ne tollerence. u can always work ur way up to the right place once u no how gud the seeds r an how it affect u :)

second try

Friday night I came home with a little under 300g (4 commercial spice bottle) of dark seed.

Filled the bottle, filled with water about 2-3 inches over seed line, shook for 15 or 20 seconds. Let sit on side for 10 mins. Shook a little more, drank.

Repeated twice more to get as much out of it as possible.

THEN I took 1.5 valiums.

Outer space, folks.

Ok, maybe not outer space, it wasn't a total head trip, but it was a much higher launch than 2 or 3 vicodins would have given me. Definitley giving the seeds a "booster" works well. Very synergistic effect.

I'd like to hear more about what people have combined with the seeds.

Maybe next time I'll try more seeds just to see what a really good PST high is like, but I have doubts that it will be as good as the combo.

yeah i didnt get anything from it, which completely sucks cause i spent like 6 bucks on it, cause it was the most i could afford and it all they had at the only store within walking distance. I'm trying to get off booze, and look for different highs, and thought that PST would be great idea, too bad i dont have a car and therefor go whre they sell it in bulk.

third try

So I was curious what PST-only would feel like, so last night I picked up 5 70g containers of supermarket poppy seeds. This would finally bring me up to 350g, the amount everyone has been saying is the "sweet spot."

But again, sheesh, at $7 a bottle, this is NOT the way to go (definitely a good deturrnent for addiction).

I poured them all into the 2-liter bottle, and in addition to warm water, added an 8th of a cup of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice (I've read many times this MAY help extract the alkalides from the seeds. It certainly makes it taste better and can't do any harm).

Shook bottle for about a minute, left laying on it's side for 10, shook again, squeezed out juice (using the semi-twisted cap trick). Made one big, full cup.

Drank.

Refilled container, this time let sit for almost 20 mins.

Drank.

This time, no valium chaser!

I must say, it was a nice, mellow, spacey high. It was what I would expect based on what i've read. It wasn't a major trip, but if I added another two bottle of seeds and/or added another opiate pill of some sort, it definitely would have been.

Now please keep in mind, I'm a big guy - over 6 foot and about 200 pounds. Plus it has always taken more than the recommended dosage of anything to work on me. So this same recipie would probably hit an average height/weight person much harder.

Now it time to get some actualy dried poppy bulbs and "do it right." From everything I've been reading, using the seeds is sort of a "ghetto" version of the true poppy high. To do it right, it looks like people get the actually dried-up poppy bulb plants the seeds come from, dicard the seeds, and crush up the empty bulbs to make the tea.

So, time to hunt some down. And I'll still probably find some bulk seeds. God knows it would be cheaper!

Ask an experienced tea drinker anything.

I've been drinking it for almost exactly 2 years now.

First thing is... where do you get those wonderful seeds? Most seeds in the store are crap and really don't do anything. Your best bet is organic poppy seeds bought it bulk. I will say that the "Spice Island" (or something) seeds from Shaws work very good. They used to have seeds in little plastic boxes you could buy at Whole Foods that were spectacular (and dirt cheap).

But searching around for seeds in stores is a waste of time. The best place to find seeds is online, tons of places sell them, no suspicious or odd looks, no questions asked. You'll have to shop around for a while until you find seeds that have a good kick. Once you find a supplier just stick with him until they turn shitty. I buy my poppy seeds in shipments of 10 pounds each with only a friendly "thank you" from the seller. It's cheaper than beer.

I like seeds better than pods for a variety of reason... not the least of which is that the seeds are much easier than the pods, get you just as stoned, and PST tastes better than poppy pod tea.

The best method is to take a 2 liter bottle and fill it halfway with seeds. Now this is what I do, you might wanna try less. Too much poppy seed tea = puking on the toilet for the next 2 days... or even death. As people have mentioned, there has been a death from this.

Just fill it with hot water from the tap and shake it gently for 10 minutes. You can just tip it over and over. Don't strain yourself over this cause it really doesn't make too much off a difference how hard you stir and shake the seeds. You do want to agitate them in some way. Don't worry about adding lemon juice. It does nothing but make it taste much worse than it has to. Fresh grapefruit are nice as others have said and make it taste better and do seem to have a minor affect on the potency.

I like to pour it into a teapot, it makes it a lot more appetizing. Just like drinking tea. Unscrew the cap just a tad and squeeze as others have said here... it couldn't be easier. When I first started drinking, I used to make a mess, now I can do it without a single poppy seed hitting my carpet... and only about a dozen seeds get out of the 2 liter bottle and into the tea. They just end up at the bottom of the teapot when you pour.

Another thing is that the tea seems to go down best at room temperature. Pour out a pot and let it cool for a while. It's actually somewhat refreshing when it's at a cooler temperature. Somewhat. Also, some people just do not dig the taste. I've experimented with many things over the years and I've found that Rose's Lime syrup juice and ice make it go down the easiest. Google for Rose's lime juice, you can find it whereever they sell hard liquor, it's for mixing cocktails.

Repeat as many times as you feel like... the opium seems to correlate with the brownness of the water... and by the third rinse the stuff is almost completely white so I wouldn't go too crazy.

Be careful with the addiction thing... but I think with PST it's a tad safer. I myself am drinking a cuppa now after having gone a month and a half without doing it. Ordering them online seems to keep you honest with yourself, by the time you might start becoming an addict you'll have to order again. Also it doesn't exactly taste like candy... although I don't think the taste is really that bad. I drink it completely plain.

Just be careful, be safe, have fun. Educate yourself and be honest with yourself.

As for the broader philosophical question of why do this? Well why do anything? Why drink or smoke dope? You're not gonna live forever, have a little fun. Just don't make a life out of it and you'll be fine. As for guy who said "make a new experience with a chic" well I have "tea parties" all the time for various people who are curious about it. I think PST is much healthier than doing something like Vicodins or something where you are at risk of permanentally damaging your liver. Poppy seeds themselves are pretty healthy, the oil has omega 3 fats in it (the good cholesterol).

All things in moderation.

Last edited:
some people have been talking lately (well a few months back) about seed color. i have found that when comparing two bags of seeds from the same store, a store which i have known to have both great and bunk seeds in stock at the same time, the bag with the darker seeds is the good bag and the lighter seeds is the bunk bag.

I agree, i have best results with darker seeds. About 8 months ago the stores started getting in lighter seeds and they sucked. But than the bottles started having darker seed in them again and the improvement was amazing.

I only drink seed tea when i can't get pods, and i only do pods when i can't get my DOC's. so Pods and Seeds have been lifesavers for me. And i have a pretty big oxy habbit and i still can feel seed tea but i NEED A LOT OF SEEDS unfortunately so it gets expensive... i am gonna try ordering them on line like someone suggested.

Recently I've noticed 3 stores sudenly stopped carrying poppy seeds and i know this because the ordering label was pulled off and replased with another product. I wonder if these 3 stores have caught on and to cover their asses they just stopped selling seeds. I only buy seeds like once every month or every two months so someone else must be buying them as well in my area.

This sucks because now i have 3 less places to get seeds and these 3 places were the closest to my house-- within walking distance so now i have to buss it if i need seeds, that sucks!

Seeds are a great lifesaver. I started them when i was still only a Tramadol addict. And prior to learning about poppy seed tea i had to suffer Tramadol w/d once a month and if any of you have been through Tramadol w/d you know it's just as bad as any other opiate w/d. So when i learned about poppy seed tea on line i went out and got a few bottle and tried it. OMG the first time i did it, it knocked me off my ass, i couldn't even move my body. All i could do was lay in bed. So from then on, i never had to suffer Tramadol w/d but than i moved up the opiate ladder- oxy/fent and it's a whole different game now but i still rely on seed tea and pods to save my arse!!! I hope the government doesn't catch on to this precious little secret lol

RPG

The seeds will work better when they are as close to their natural state as possible. The browner and darker the seeds, the better. Also, the worst tasting the better too. No getting around it. :(

RoxiPoppyGirl said:
I agree, i have best results with darker seeds. About 8 months ago the stores started getting in lighter seeds and they sucked. But than the bottles started having darker seed in them again and the improvement was amazing.

I only drink seed tea when i can't get pods, and i only do pods when i can't get my DOC's. so Pods and Seeds have been lifesavers for me. And i have a pretty big oxy habbit and i still can feel seed tea but i NEED A LOT OF SEEDS unfortunately so it gets expensive... i am gonna try ordering them on line like someone suggested.

Recently I've noticed 3 stores sudenly stopped carrying poppy seeds and i know this because the ordering label was pulled off and replased with another product. I wonder if these 3 stores have caught on and to cover their asses they just stopped selling seeds. I only buy seeds like once every month or every two months so someone else must be buying them as well in my area.

This sucks because now i have 3 less places to get seeds and these 3 places were the closest to my house-- within walking distance so now i have to buss it if i need seeds, that sucks!

Seeds are a great lifesaver. I started them when i was still only a Tramadol addict. And prior to learning about poppy seed tea i had to suffer Tramadol w/d once a month and if any of you have been through Tramadol w/d you know it's just as bad as any other opiate w/d. So when i learned about poppy seed tea on line i went out and got a few bottle and tried it. OMG the first time i did it, it knocked me off my ass, i couldn't even move my body. All i could do was lay in bed. So from then on, i never had to suffer Tramadol w/d but than i moved up the opiate ladder- oxy/fent and it's a whole different game now but i still rely on seed tea and pods to save my arse!!! I hope the government doesn't catch on to this precious little secret lol

RPG

how much average quality seeds does it take in grams to get you high? I'm guessing you must have the same kind of tolerance i have from other posts.

Oh my.. well i need about 6-8 10 oz bottles to feel comfortable w/ mild pain relief, about 10-11 bottles to get a nice high w/ wonderful pain relief. So it's not really worth it for me to use seed tea that often, i only use it for emergencies. But, what i like about it is.. say I'm in w/d, I'll go buy 12 bottles. I'll make tea with 6 bottles (save the other 6 for the next day.. knocks the w/d out and lasts till the next morning. That's one thing i love about seed tea, it last 12 hours and i get 12 hours of comfort.

If i don't have to worry about w/d for the next day I'll go head and do all 12 bottles and enjoy it.

So yea, since i do fent and oxy i need a lot of seeds to feel comfortable, to get pain relief and even more to get high.

RPG

fuckin a right. 12 hours of undeclining euphoria. i can't see using the bottles every time though. they cost about 6 bucks each here. although i have stolen dozens of those fuckers... but i don't do that anymore.

edit: oh. i thought you were talking about the 2.5 oz bottles. it takes about 15 of those to get me high (the good kinds, there's only one brand that's any good).

hell, 12 10 oz bottles? that's 7 and a half pounds. those must be weak seeds, or you have a high tolerance. the most seeds i've ever used for tea and actually gotten off on is about 5 pounds, and that was very rarely with medium strength seeds and a very high tolerance.

hey i accidentally bought arizona poppy pods, can i use these for poppy pod tea even though they aren't opium poppies or am i screwed?

Well I think that the seed colour isn't a very good method for determining potency. I just had 1kg of grey dry incredibly washed looking seeds and it feels the same as 20mg of oxy, don't have the normal underlying bloated nausea feeling either.

Question

Hi Guys,

My question is this: If I have used oxycodone say 5-15 times in the past in moderate to high doses (50mg - 160mg), and have since found that I am practically impervious to codeine, is it worth bothering with poppy seed tea? Is it likely to 'do' anything?

Also, I am in Australia and unaware of whether the seeds I would buy in a supermarket here are identical to those you would get elsewhere. Like, would they have any of the alkaloids on them?

Cheers