• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

Been reading about poppy seed tea for awhile now in this forum...decided to try it this weekend. Two nights ago...just went to [edit soruce] and spend [edit no prices] on 200g of seed. Didn't feel anything. Today, went to another store where they sold it small 38g bags which were only cents each. I bought 7 of those which was a little over 250 g. I felt nothing on Friday. Today however, I definitely feel it. It was a really heavy, but stimulant feeling at first...kind of felt some anxiety, so I took a .5 Xanax (which I have been on for 10 years now.) Now, it feels more like a hydro/codiene type high.

Just to give you some background, I have been taking Lortabs for several years now...not on a daily basis though. I have a prescription for them which ran out, so I decided to try the tea. I read somewhere that sometimes the cheaper seeds are the more potent ones...any truth to this? Also, about how long does the high usually last?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, it's a hit or miss. And it seems that some in my area have flat out just stopped selling seeds. [edit no source discussion] So now if i need seed i have to go even further out of my way. But oh well.

I also thing manufacturers are washing there seeds even more. But i always have luck with two brands here in my area. They're kind of pricey though.

But usually if your trying different brands, it's a hit or miss. It seems bulk suppliers don't wash their seeds as much.

A good indication of 'possible' good seeds is if they are dark and have little pieces of pods in them. But, this isn't always 100%, that's why i say 'Possible"

I'm glad you had a good experience with you second attempt. Most people.. when they don't feel anything just give up but if you keep haunting you'll find good seeds!!!

Rpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think you are right in the fact that people are catching on...I had to go to 4 different supermarkets on Friday...they were all out of poppy seeds. The labels were still there though. There is another store that I haven't tried yet, but will go there the next time I decide to make the tea. I definitely won't drink the tea on a regular basis b/c of its addicitive properties; however, its nice to know where you can buy your seeds if you want to spend a Sunday afternoon a little high. :)

Guys, I leave this thread open so you can talk about expriences with identifying good seeds, taking the seeds, if it works well, doses, etc. etc.

I do not leave it open to discuss where you are getting the seeds. We all know where you get them, but we are not here to help people get drugs or give advice to how to better get drugs. Try to keep discussion on your experiences and the above things I leave the thread open for!

If you want to talk about other things please go over to Other Drugs and see if they allow it, this is Trip Reports

Last edited:
Sorry about that...thought I was being vague...but I guess not vague enough. :) Someone may have already posted this, but does anyone have any experience with White Poppy seeds? Can they be of the same species "Papaver somniferum" ?

Decided to make some tea with the white/cream seeds and the liquid is more brown than the tea made from blue/grey seeds. The white seeds smell very different than the blue ones...I can already tell that this might not taste too good going down...will definitely drink slowly to see how its going to effect me.

i posted in your thread in other drugs. the white seed tea tastes really bad, way worse than the blue seed tea.

and yes, you can get high on white seeds. if the tea color is dark, thats a good sign

edit: is it bitter? if so, its good

edit edit: ALTHOUGH. sometimes seeds can be weak but still good, it just takes more to get you off but you can get off. and you won't taste the bitter taste. when I come across mediocre seeds, it takes about... 4 pounds to get me off compared to 1 pound of really good seeds.
usually you can tell by the color if its mediocre and worth fucking with... completely bunk tea will be light yellow. just so so tea will be dark but not bitter. really good tea will be really dark and bitter.

i tried out pst for the first time on saturday night at first i though it hadnt worked but after a couple of hours i was nodding and realised that i was stoned even thou the come on was gradual and subtle, pretty good i think over all, i will do it again ,just not on a reg basis {addiction factor} so for a buzz its a nice little treat

158.jpg

what do you guys think of these?
esp. waiting for malfunkshun to answer of course :p

They look like your generic crappy washed seeds. Give them a go though, only way to really tell is by looking at the colour of the liquid that comes out.

nah, this wholesaler only deals 25kg packages
i already wasted 65$ on 5kg(10 pounds)of bunk seeds once
btw, im in northeastern europe, all the seeds i've tried come from Latvia to Turkey and they've all been BUNK.
i get a better buzz off of 480mg codeine (60x8mg co-codamol cwe'd)
oh, and the liquid has been from yellow to brown(well the brown looks yellow when looked at in sunlight)

Is it still possible to buy poppy seeds in bulk? I've been to three different supermarkets so far and none of them carried it in bulk. One of the supermarkets was an Eastern market and I was sure they would, but nope.

^I still get mine at the same grocery store I did 5 years ago. The potency is as always totally random however. I can't tell if they wash them, if it's my tolerance, or a mixture of all of this. I'm always paranoid reading on here that one of you fuckers is buying it at the same place I am and is going to fuck it up for me. Yeah i'd say i'm pretty addicted...

By the way I definately got high my first time. Best high ever... the only ones that have come closer are when i've taken a break for more than a month. But now going more than 3 days without using is an exertion in will power.

Take a few weeks off (will be hard) then the 3 day breaks will be easy as you won't be so addicted. Its not impossible my friend, lots of people here have done it.

tyler5 said:
158.jpg

what do you guys think of these?
esp. waiting for malfunkshun to answer of course :p

There's no way to tell by looking with 100% accuracy. Make a batch of it and see. If it's medium to dark brown and bitter, then its good. Sorry.

In addition

I think I'm lucky (or unlucky) that i live in Los Angeles. The downtown markets carry 5 and 25 lb bags of clearly unwashed Norte Mexicano poppy seed.
I generally wash an entire 5lber, either to split with my gf, or, as right now, if I want to get floor, use the entire batch - Warning not at all for novices - if 5 regular 5/500 vikes get you floored - do not attempt this at all. I figure that a 5lb bag has about 300 to 500 mg of morphine in it. But the real nice thing is all the extra opiod goodies. I recently came across some 15mg MSContin's I ate 12 of them (130mg) (crushed also to bypass time release matrix) and kept feeling like I was getting to where I needed to be but never arrived. Very disappointing in that I spent $60 instead of $17.50. Obviously, if you're lazy and don't want to go thru the extraction method, pills are ur way. But the fact that ur getting over 50 types of opiods is a big big bonus. And as far as illegality is concerned. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that only if they kick in ur door in the midst of brewing or drinking are you culpable. One caveat: at least in my case the resumption of defecation begins much later with tea than with just the straight up pills. There is some opiod in there that really, really decreases smooth muscle motility. Anyone know or hazard a guess??

For Roxipoppygirl

Since I'm not a bluelight, apparently I can't PM you back. PM me ur email and we can discuss our favorite Miles Davis records...