• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

it would not be a problem with relatively pure DMT with a micron filter, but IVing poppy seed extract is just ridiculously stupid.

When they make heroin, how do they seperate the morphine from the opium sap?

malfunkshun said:
That's weird, I've never had an experience like that and I've had a lot of PST. Sorry about the bad reaction. I really have no clue as to the reason.

I've had reactions like that to pot, but never seed tea. One thing is that PST contains several opiates that are stimulants, rather than depressives.

Well it sounds like most heroin probably isn't any safer to shoot up than performing a morphine extraction on boiled and micron filtered poppy tea. As that's probably all the manufacturers do.

you read that incorrectly. They separate with solvents near the end of the process

point is they dont use any fancy filters, so I think filtering poppy material properly for IV use would be no different then using heroin.

From what i've read, the speedy feeling comes from the noscapine on the seeds. I've gotten a few batches that had an overwhelming amount of noscapine and it is incredibly uncomfortable. Not sure if you can boil it away or what but I never tried because I was afraid of getting rid of the good stuff too.

A few modifications

I have made some modifications that work well for me.

1. Buy a gallon container of drinking water. (looks like a milk jug)

2. Pour out most of water into separate container Leave enough water (usally to the line that is towards the bottom of the jug is a good idicator for me)

3. Pour in poppy seeds.

4. Add more water just until seeds are covered.

5. shake for 20 min.

6. Use Reynolds Press and Seal Wrap (this is not just regular plastic wrap. It's called PRESS AND SEAL THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!!) Cover opening tightly.

7. Wrap rubber band/ hair band to create an air tight seal.

8. Use stright pin and poke about 60 - 70 tiny holes in the Reynolds Wrap.

9. Turn jug upside down and squeeze into a large cup or some other large container to capture tea and then transfer to cup.

10. Drink

11. Repeat

I like this method because it works and I don't have to have a drill or poke holes through plastic with a nail. I keep the materials on hand and always have a box of the plastic wrap, a rubber band, and a pin n hand.

Or you could just reuse the bottle and lid with holes in it?

or do what the first post says (or click the link in the first post that says it goes to his updated recipie rather),,,use a 2 litre soda bottle. unscrew the cap just enough so that the liquid comes out and no seeds do. no need the keep anything special onhand at all.

alot of good info in this thread ^_^ this and the poppy pod thread in Other Drugs got me to register and say thanks to everyone!

it's up to your discretion...i like the temp a little in between..."warm"..not hot enough to extract (remember with seeds it's a WASH, not an extraction) the stomach churning bullshit on the insides of them. 5 mins is well long enough to let the seeds sit (and shake it every now and then) in the big jug...and yes, you use the cap, slightly unscrewed as a filter...no poking holes, or saran wrap or any of that bullshit. peace

350grams? hell if i know, i use 7-8 pounds bro. Use enough just to cover them and so they slosh around easy enough to shake but not too much to where there's like even half an inch of water covering the top of them (once shaken and the water's all percilated and shiz)...

Enough water so they slosh around and are liquid like. 1" of water above the seeds is usually enough.

Poppy Seed Tea

After reading through this thread my friend and I tried our hand at making us up a batch.

We bought a pound of seeds from the local health food store, guess it was about 1000 grams and two bottles of that new Tropicana Pure Raspberry Acai juice. (I know some of you say to just use water but we tried it with the juice).

Anyways we poured the juice out of the bottles put 500 grams in each empty bottle then put half of the juice back and then did the "shake and rest" (shake the bottle for a few minutes...let it sit...shake it again) for about 30-40 minutes. After that we strained it through a strainer and drank up. Only took about twenty minutes until we felt something. I repeated my seeds four times and I'm still catching a buzz and it's 2am...we started at 5pm. So I would say yeah it definitely worked and it didn't taste bad at all. Even after I ran out of juice I used water and still could taste the raspberry. I'm not catching nods but I'm def high. Quite surprised on how easy it was and how well it turned out. I even have the itchies. :)

Ive got my first batch brewing right now. I used a pound of bulk poppy seeds, water and a litle lemon juice. Bout to try it out. ill be sure to let yall now how it turns out.