• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Please SIGN!! UK ePetition to Legalise Cannabis!

Those 85,000 signatures will keep the police busy for a while, soon there will be more signatures than police officers.

Some police forces are already not busting weed grows because they can't afford to, due to the number of them & the tory cuts.

Hahaha I'm sure many, many Police Officers have signed the petition!

Now there are more sigs than there are officers to enforce their dumb law!

This petition has really taken off. How much longer can "they" continue to ignore the will of the people?

I see we're still waiting for government response. Has anybody seen any comments on it by any MPs?

Si dread, can you please give me some tips on how to recover from a tad bit too much 5mapb abuse? It would be much apprecated, ser

Si dread, can you please give me some tips on how to recover from a tad bit too much 5mapb abuse? It would be much apprecated, ser

Step 1 - Throw out all 5-MAPB
Step 2 - Buy a shit load of omega 3 capsules and take between 3-5g a day for the first 5 days. Drop down to rec. dosage after that.
Step 3 - Avoid caffeine or any other stim for a long while.
Step 4 - If you can, buy some magnesium malate. These help with brain zaps also
Step 5 - Never do any APBx drug again.

This petition has really taken off. How much longer can "they" continue to ignore the will of the people?

'They' have had it down to a fine art for, oooh, three hundred years. ;)

Look at the Jeremy Hunt petition; 209, 409 signatures, and an issue which is much more universal and straightforward, yet the only government response thus far is - well, read and weep: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/104334.

I wouldn't hold out much hope, sadly.

the upside of these petitions is that it gives people confidence that they are not alone in their views, and hopefully will lead to more engagement with politics.

seems like the police themselves, having suffered funding cuts, are practically defacto decriminalising small scale growing and use.....fuck the government.

Or possibly the petitions will be seen as a totally ineffectual sham and lead people to further disengage from mainstream politics?

As for the 'de facto decriminalisation', this has been discussed in another thread. All things considered, it certainly doesn't amount to de facto decriminalisation; more a statement that cannabis users will no longer be actively pursued. Try sparking up on the high street (or even in your own front garden) and you run the risk of being considered 'blatant' (a judgement call left entirely to the officer(s) in question), and dealt with like any other Class B user.

Disheartening but true.

well obviously, don't be blatant about it, it's stupid to blaze a spliff in a busy public area, just common sense. I would like to be able to grow a few plants without having to worry about getting hassle from the law. In scotland they are a bit more cuntish the police though, with harsh zero tolerance policies and making out people are big dealers if they have a personal stash........

I am waiting to see what the hell the government come up with about the blanket ban when they come back from their holidays.

nearly 200k signatures!

and about the same number petitioned to have Star Wars Kid a cameo appearance in the next star wars movie, but it sure as hell didn't happen.

If online voting was going to have an impact on da law, it would have done so a decade ago...

(Sorry to burst yer bubble, Si)

Last edited:
what bubble?

You & Sammy should get a room. It'd be a real party in there.

Because of course, anybody who raises questions over the efficacy of these petitions is personally attacking you, and not the government itself.

You really are one sanctimonious windbag.

what do you suggest as an alternative to signing petitions, for people who want to express their desire for change?

There are more traditional lobbying methods, for those who wish to make the extra effort; direct communication with MPs for one. Not that I necessarily have more faith in these methods, but the petitions have so far proved largely ineffective. I would love to be proven wrong, especially on this issue, but I doubt a petition will hold much sway, given that reclassification of cannabis was recommended by a House of Commons Committee three years ago, only to be thrown out by the government in the most desultory fashion.

In any case, it's not necessary for me to propose an alternative if I wish to express scepticism over the importance of this petition, is it?

Yeah, I can see that all of those petitions have demanded something of a similar magnitude to a major change in drug laws. 8)

Not one of them has reached the threshold for debate in parliament either, which would suggest that the petitions had little or nothing to do with the respective outcomes, or that they were indeed local petitions. It's encouraging to see that a boozer got saved and that a railway station received a lick of paint, however.

38degrees actually make physical copies of the petitions signatures and take them to downing street. So they literally carry a lot more weight than other internet petitions. They are also a grassroots campaigning organisation that does doorstepping and other 'real world' measures to get people involved so yes, they tackle local issues aswell as the big issues, because anyone can start a campaign through them.

I fail to see how this has any bearing on HM Government's own petition process, especially with regard to changes in drug laws. If the Jeremy Hunt petition was more or less rejected, having called for no major changes to any laws whatsoever, and touching on far less controversial and indeed universal issues, how can we assume that this petition will be any more successful?

In light of the fact that this has already been discussed by a HoC committee, who explicitly recommended downgrading the classification of cannabis, only to have it rejected unequivocally, my money's on this being equally as ineffectual.

As stated before, I'd love to be wrong.