• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Please help pregnant on heroin

Hope the OP took everyone's good advice and got to the Dr. to get some methadone and is on MMT as we speak. Hope she pops back on and lets us know how she is doing. Always hate to see a post where the OP is desperate for help and gets some good answers and then we never know the outcome. But that is BL I know. We can only just hope that it is working out Ok and her baby is healthy.

I'm not a doctor, but I know there are doctors who agree that maintenence with opioids with a shorter halflife would be preferrable in almost any case. And id bet its a hell of a lot better studied with chronic pain patients who are pregnant vs. People on methadone.
I am in agreement with the shorter acting opiods. Definitely don't cold turkey anything!

I hope this lady is ok,she hasn't been back since she first came on.
It happens. Sometimes people join just to post about what they're going through in that moment, then they might not feel like they need advice any more, or they might feel like they've got this. Or sometimes they might just forget their password or about the site in general and not come back. Regardless, I hope she's doing okay <3