• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Please help pregnant on heroin

Sofuckedrn

Greenlighter
It’s 8:08 am right now,I’m five months pregnant,
And I haven’t slept in two days from trying to quit cold turkey. I broke down this evening and did a shot and now I can’t sleep from the guilt. Detox centers won’t take me because I’m a liability. It seems my only option is methadone clinic which I really really don’t want to do. I missed my last two obgyn app. Because I knew I would fail the drug test and would be reported to ocs. I’ve never been on a site like this, I came in hope , basically begging for someone who has tapered down from heroin at home to help me. I do about a half a gram a day sometimes a little more. I can’t take suboxone because my body has an adverse reaction. As far as the will power I have someone who will be administering it. Please anyone who can help this is the only place I can not feel judged and I’m scared.

Sorry you are experiencing that. There's a lot I want to say, but I don't want to make you feel worse.

My question would be, how do they handle babies born dependent to methadone? If the mother quits beforehand, and goes through withdrawal, will the baby be born post wd too? Will it have PAWS?

Either way, I wouldn't suggest the methadone, as that will be more torture for your baby than its worth, probably safer to continue the heroin, as long as you are sure you aren't going to OD on fentanyl.

Of course the answer is stop now. Do whatever you can, to stop now. Sucks the rehabs won't take you, id continue looking around. Plead your case.

If not, do whatever it takes. Its heroin, its just less than a week of misery and you can help your baby have less trauma than the damage thats already been done.

Id suggest being open with the people in your life who you think/know will judge you.

As for taper schedule, I personally cannot comment, sorry sometimes I don't read the entire post. Id think going down as quickly as possible, or maybe even doing a quick suboxone taper over 7-10 days is what id do. Ah just read again and you said you can't take suboxone. Well you are going to want to get a quantity of a consistent batch, or switch to a pharmaceutical.

Have you tried kratom?

Kratom can be a life saver.

It’s 8:08 am right now,I’m five months pregnant,
And I haven’t slept in two days from trying to quit cold turkey. I broke down this evening and did a shot and now I can’t sleep from the guilt. Detox centers won’t take me because I’m a liability. It seems my only option is methadone clinic which I really really don’t want to do. I missed my last two obgyn app. Because I knew I would fail the drug test and would be reported to ocs. I’ve never been on a site like this, I came in hope , basically begging for someone who has tapered down from heroin at home to help me. I do about a half a gram a day sometimes a little more. I can’t take suboxone because my body has an adverse reaction. As far as the will power I have someone who will be administering it. Please anyone who can help this is the only place I can not feel judged and I’m scared.
I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

I would advise you to go to your OBGYN appointment and put your pride to the side. It’s so important to ensure your baby is growing and healthy.

Do not stop cold turkey, this could put you at higher risk of miscarriage. Methadone is your best bet and yes it will be hard to come off this but I am positive you will do it. The more you evade the Drs the worse it will be for you. You need to work with them and accept the help because it will be the best for your baby.

Please do not take anymore street drugs. They can be cut with so much and the fent in them is so dangerous.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

I would advise you to go to your OBGYN appointment and put your pride to the side. It’s so important to ensure your baby is growing and healthy.

Do not stop cold turkey, this could put you at higher risk of miscarriage. Methadone is your best bet and yes it will be hard to come off this but I am positive you will do it. The more you evade the Drs the worse it will be for you. You need to work with them and accept the help because it will be the best for your baby.

Please do not take anymore street drugs. They can be cut with so much and the fent in them is so dangerous.
Putting a baby through methadone withdrawal for the first months of its life is preferrable to using unadulterated heroin or a pharmaceutical opioid (just a few days)? Certainly kratom is the healthiest option. Methadone will just make her entire situation worse, baby aside. How many people successfully taper off methadone? Everyone I know is on for life

If i went to the methadone clinic the baby would be born addicted to methadone. I’ve read a lot of information advising not to quit cold turkey because it could cause pre term labor, miscarriage etc I have tried Kratom, I was clean from heroin for two years from Kratom it was a little liquid drink called kshot unfortunately since my heroin stint Kratom hasn’t been much help. I can’t stay on heroin until I have the baby they will put me in jail. But I can get a consistent batch I just don’t understand how to taper down like how fast.

If i went to the methadone clinic the baby would be born addicted to methadone. I’ve read a lot of information advising not to quit cold turkey because it could cause pre term labor, miscarriage etc I have tried Kratom, I was clean from heroin for two years from Kratom it was a little liquid drink called kshot unfortunately since my heroin stint Kratom hasn’t been much help. I can’t stay on heroin until I have the baby they will put me in jail. But I can get a consistent batch I just don’t understand how to taper down like how fast.
I have no idea, hopefully someone can chime in. I know time is of the essence, so I am sure you can do a bit of experimenting. Depends how much you were doing and how long, I wouldn't try to make it take any longer than 2 weeks, personally, and that's being gracious

Putting a baby through methadone withdrawal for the first months of its life is preferrable to using unadulterated heroin or a pharmaceutical opioid (just a few days)? Certainly kratom is the healthiest option. Methadone will just make her entire situation worse, baby aside. How many people successfully taper off methadone? Everyone I know is on for life
I didn’t say that OP had to use for the rest of their pregnancy. Switching to methadone and tapering down safely with it will reduce harm to both OP and baby.

Cold turkey when pregnant is very risky and has high instance of miscarriage.

You need to explain you want a taper to get down as low as possible before baby is born. Taking street drugs is so risky for your baby.

At the end of the day, you’re an addict and it’s unfortunate and I know you feel awful but you’ve got to do what’s best for your baby. If the Drs deem it safest to have you on methadone until baby is born then listen to them. You may not like it, it may not be what you wanted but this is where you are now. You need to focus on your baby now and doing what’s best for them. Even if that is going through some discomfort when they are born. If you are able to taper down during the last few months of your pregnancy then it won’t be that bad.

:/ they really really need an alternative to methadone and suboxone. I helped someone do a fast taper with oxycodone (and then hydrocodone) once and it was painless for them.

They won’t taper me down before baby is born, after all it’s a money pit really. I’m scared of being on methadone so long and trying to get off and going back to heroin. I’m that Kind of addict. I do agree I need to go to the appointment and take whatever consequences they give me ( I’ve been warned twice) but downplayed my addiction ALOT .

They won’t taper me down before baby is born, after all it’s a money pit really. I’m scared of being on methadone so long and trying to get off and going back to heroin. I’m that Kind of addict. I do agree I need to go to the appointment and take whatever consequences they give me ( I’ve been warned twice) but downplayed my addiction ALOT .
Well if they won’t taper it’s for a reason. Tbh tapering and cold turkey are both quite harsh on a growing baby.

I really encourage you to go to your appointments and follow what plan they give you.

:/ they really really need an alternative to methadone and suboxone. I helped someone do a fast taper with oxycodone (and then hydrocodone) once and it was painless for them

Do you think my obgyn may do that for me?

:/ they really really need an alternative to methadone and suboxone. I helped someone do a fast taper with oxycodone (and then hydrocodone) once and it was painless for them

No chance! Please don’t listen to advice like this when you’re pregnant. It’s completely different for you. You are not just putting yourself at risk you’re putting your baby’s life at risk too.

i don’t know anything about being pregnant, but when i quit dope i cut my doses in half every day for a couple days and then hop off. i still get sick, but there’s no way to get off dope without some dope sick. you could reduce by 3rds or every other day to maybe make it a little easier. i take 16mg of imodium first day off, then 8mg, 4mg, end on 2mg.

wishing you and your kid the best.

I
No chance! Please don’t listen to advice like this when you’re pregnant. It’s completely different for you. You are not just putting yourself at risk you’re putting your baby’s life at risk too.

I guess I thought if my doctor would monitor it, it would be safer than my original plan. I just don’t want them to take my baby from me.

I don't have first hand experience, but have heard of many mothers that have had to use methadone to get through a pregnancy. There is no shame in that, and it could potentially save you or your babies life in the long run.

hey there, here is 2 articles i found on methadone and subutex using while pregnant, hope it sheds some light.

Really sorry to read about this, sorry as I'm a man and really have not much input, I wish you all the best for the both of you

No, and maybe msdiz is right, I don't know whats worse for a baby WD halfway developed in the womb or post birth. Perhaps she is right and its post birth at this point.

And no, any doctor who did that would lose their license and possibly face criminal charges.

Th

hey there, here is 2 articles i found on methadone and subutex using while pregnant, hope it sheds some light.

Really sorry to read about this, sorry as I'm a man and really have not much input, I wish you all the best for the both of you
thank you for that, I was trying to avoid my baby being born with nas and having to stay in hospital for two weeks, but it’s looking like this may be my only option.